U2 and Ipod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Norse

The Fly
The iPod revolution has really affected my U2, listening. I recently bought one (and no not the U2 one :() and because of it I find my self filling those "inbetween places" in my day (train, car, yardwork) with music. And I have noticed a blatent difference between the "CD U2" and the "iPod U2".

Now if anything u2 is more acessable. We all know U2 is much more of an atmosphere band then a singles band. In their case, the whole is better then the parts.

However sometimes the whole just wont do. After alittle while line-ups get old and you just want to put some of your favorite songs together.

Now I can do that. I can put "I will follow" next to "Vertigo" and so on (it makes for exciting mixes). Anyone ever turn on a song listen half way and find them selves humming another one?

And if I want that usual progression between songs I can still have it.

Also with all my collections of u2 singles cds, i can have them all in one place!

Has the ipod made you love u2 more too?

I just got my Mom an iPod mini for her birthday coming up and I have started loading it up with U2, Elvis, Beatles, doo-wop, Motown, classical and all her other favorite stuff. I have been using it just to make sure all the songs are ok and there is no clipping or anything. Well, I am convinced that I must have one. It is freaking life changing to have all your favorite songs at your fingertips to listen to at any time you want. It is unbelievable. And yeah, I definitely enjoy music more since I have been "testing" it out for her... LOL I'm going to have alot of trouble giving it up next week!
Yeah, I love U2 and especially Elvis more now that I've been using an iPod. Nothing like In The Ghetto or Kentucky Rain in the middle of the night in bed. Must get myself an iPod for Christmas this year, definitely a U2 one. Hopefully the price will have come down on it by then.

Norse said:

Has the ipod made you love u2 more too?
NOOOOOOO :madspit: :scream: :angry: :rant: :down: I HATE IPOD !!!! THAT STUPID SELLOUT RELATIONSHIP WITH APPLE MAKES ME URGE TO KILL THEM :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry:.

Worst U2 action ever :banghead:

Re: Re: U2 and Ipod

vivacolombia said:
NOOOOOOO :madspit: :scream: :angry: :rant: :down: I HATE IPOD !!!! THAT STUPID SELLOUT RELATIONSHIP WITH APPLE MAKES ME URGE TO KILL THEM.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Please tell me that you're joking.

vivacolombia said:
NOOOOOOO :madspit: :scream: :angry: :rant: :down: I HATE IPOD !!!! THAT STUPID SELLOUT RELATIONSHIP WITH APPLE MAKES ME URGE TO KILL THEM :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry:.

This is the worst post in the history of this forum. One hopes it is sarcastic, but I am sure it is not.

Sellout: One who has betrayed one's principles or an espoused cause.

U2's cause is to make their music accessible to as many as possible. This may be one of their most forward thinking ideas of their career.

vivacolombia said:

omfg!!11 i also hait da band cuz uv da aple thing!!!111

vivacolombia said:

Give me a P....

Give me an O....

Re: Re: Re: U2 and Ipod

cmb737 said:

This is the worst post in the history of this forum. One hopes it is sarcastic, but I am sure it is not.

Sellout: One who has betrayed one's principles or an espoused cause.

U2's cause is to make their music accessible to as many as possible. This may be one of their most forward thinking ideas of their career.

AMEN! Fans that bitch about U2 'selling their souls 2 the devil' should sit at home, and play "Gone" on repeat....let it sink in...this song's about people like U!

I wonder how many times in U2's career they've "sold out", I guess after every huge album huh?

vivacolombia said:

whoah!! please calm down, it's not really that big of a deal! it's more of apple promoting U2 than U2 promoting apple. a smart move on their part imo.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I wonder how many times in U2's career they've "sold out", I guess after every huge album huh?

lol

2 tell the truth i only listen 2 U2 on my iPod. of course some times i have a mix that LemonMacPhisto will make for me...but most of the time its on my iPod. i love listening to every thing so its perfect for me. plus if i want i can listen to the songs by album on my iPod so im good

I listen to my U2 stuff on my boombox when I take showers and on my pod anywhere else, I prefer the pod tho, I can hear it better there

Hmmm vivacolumbia? I find it interesting that the southern american fans find U2's latest business ventures and music so shameful. I can understand their feelings, but I can't justify their beliefs.

Then again I'm a "Fat American", so maybe it's the philosphy of it all? Strange...:ohmy:

Re: Re: Re: U2 and Ipod

Sleep Over Jack said:

Give me a P....

Give me an O....

Didn't you mean to say...

Give me a "T"!

Give me an "R"!

Give me an "O"!.... :wink:

If the iPod is a sell-out because U2 found an unique way to advertise and promote their music, then I guess U2 also sold-out with radio and TV spots, the whole video thing, touring, t-shirts, etc.

Bastard U2's! How dare they promote their music?! :madspit:

Norse said:

Now I can do that. I can put "I will follow" next to "Vertigo" and so on

yeah, it's called the Live Under Brooklyn Bridge EP... :D

I love my iPod. I can take my entire music collection anywhere to hear whenever I want; I can skip from song to song, make playlists... it's wonderful. I think, if possible, the iPod has made me love music as a whole more, U2 included. I very rarely leave the house without Bono (my iPod :D). I don't think I could live without it and I don't understand how I functioned before it!! And I think U2's partnership with Apple was a brilliant move and other artists should take note, jump on the bandwagon and remember, U2 was cool before you were :p

Er...what I meant to say was...

OGM U2 IZ GAY 4 SELIGN OWT 2 IPODS!11// IDOPS R DUM!//1 I HAIT DEM1111

so you get one person who's a complete nutjob threatening to kill u2 over the ipod...

then you get the other extreme where people automatically feel the need to defend their favourite band from a source they say is completely ridiculous.

surely there's common ground here.

I-have-no-idea-what-to-say. "Sellout.." yadda yadda. what´s done is done, people can be angry about it or move the fuck on.
I myself don´t have the U2 iPod but I´d really love one. I´m also one of the defending fans, I have nothing against the iPod and this is so useless. I mean this debate whether U2 are sellout bastards or not.

This post was a waste of everyone´s time. sorry... :|

I think in the muchmusic u2 special already cleared the air on the "sell out" accusations

first of all u2 didn't get money for the ipod commercial, it was a partnership where no money changed hands

bono's attitude was pretty much "doing business right is cool where we come from"... basically meaning "right business" = dealing with corporations without harming people.. other thing bono said was that music isn't a personal experience, you want as many people as possible to listen to your music, and if you didn't want that and wanted a personal experience you'd go buy yourself a potters wheel and make pottery

larry was pretty much like, you have to live in this world and deal with corporations because they are everywhere

the other thing which you have to realize, which bono also alluded to at the apple press conference, and something that i have deep knowledge of since i'm in the computer technology field is that apple is NOT a microsoft type of corporation in the sense that brand is everything, maximize profit, minimize overhead at expense of others, etc... of course ALL corporations do have that aspect to some extent, but apple isn't a mainstream company. their computers are artistic computers meant for people who like a computer that looks elegant. usually digital artists and musicians use apple computers, which are expensiver and less versitile and far less popular than PC's loaded with Windows are. Steve Jobs himself is a man of this attitude-- if you've ever read up about him, you know that hes a hippie-type character.... If you were going to accuse U2 of making a deal with the devil, at least have it be a corporation that has questionable business practises

Last edited:
i love my iPod and i couldn't live without it. However, as much as I love U2...i wouldnt want the "uPod" because I like other stuff...and I think that's taking it a little bit far.

Zootlesque said:

Yes, there is!

By the way, is that your pic (avatar)?

if i was this ugly, do you think i'd post my picture anywhere, least of all my avatar?

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom