U2 and Howard Stern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
Do you think U2 would ever go on the Howard Stern show? If so, what do you think they would discuss? Would Howard even try and get sexual information out of them or would he keep it about the music?

What do you think?

I don't think U2 would go on Howard Stern.. and Howard might not invite them since Howard has said terrible things about Bono in the past.. and he generally likes to invite more scandalous personalities. :shrug:

wolfwill23 said:
Do you think U2 would ever go on the Howard Stern show? If so, what do you think they would discuss? Would Howard even try and get sexual information out of them or would he keep it about the music?

What do you think?

Hello everyone. How is everyone doing? It's been awhile....

Anyway, I'm glad that someone presented this topic as I have often pondered the same question. You see, I am an avid fan of both U2 and Howard Stern. However, Howard has taken many shots at U2 recently, especially with all of the exposure the band has received througout the past 2 years or so.

Some of the mocking that Howard has directed toward them are: their music sucks, he makes fun of Bono's hair, he has Henry Rollns on to bash them too, Robin criticizing the Edge (as if she even knows what a guitar is, lol!)

At times I get aggrevated with Stern and turn him off when he does this. I then realize that: A) Stern mocks just about everyone B) Stern has horrendous taste in music, therefore mocking U2 is a good thing in a reverse-psychology way C) Stern tends to like bands that come on his show D) It would be boring radio if Stern kissed U2's ass (hey, many people do that anyway)

So to conclude, my answer would have to be a resounding YES. U2 would definitely appear on Stern's show. In fact, some of you may recall that Howard was doing a live drinking show at the 2000 VMA's (one of his best shows in years, IMA) and Howard's producer was about to get Bono to come on the show and Howard said no, only to have another stripper/hooker.

Whatever. The bottom line is Howard is one of the most popular radio personalities in the world and he reaches millions of people everyday. Bono is very smart and he would certainly utilize this to promote U2's work and, more importantly, his humanitarian efforts if given the chance. I don't believe the other members would join him, but who knows. And you know what, at the end of the day, I bet that Howard and Bono would get along quite well. Remember, Bono lives just a few short blocks away from Howard's studio in NYC, so it could happen.....

Stay tuned......

I dunno... I'm not a big fan of Howard's humor...and it always seems he rags on people until they come on his show, then he kisses their ass. Stern's antics are quite predictable.....he could be trashing Bono and just for fun Bono could just pop in for fun and then Stern would kiss up to him. Stern only likes to make fun of people that cannot defend themselves (i.e. mentally disabled people who don't understand that they are the butt of a joke, and people who aren't able to immediately defend themselves like Bono). I'm sure if Bono were to show up in Stern's studio, he wouldn't utter a single bad word about him to his face. I think it would be a boring interview, because Stern wouldn't know how to handle him.

Maybe 10 years ago. Maybe Bono.

I don't see the other three coming within 3 feet of Howard, to be honest.

Even if the band was on it, I still wouldn't listen (or watch?) it. Howard Stern has the worst personality in showbiz........

The Fly would do Howard Stern's show. He'd be a great interview.

59.jpg

:shifty:

If it didn't happen during the ATYCLB promo push, it probably will never happen. However, I never thought Paul McCartney would go on Stern and he did. It was a great interview too.

Back
Top Bottom