U2 and Coldplay version of What's Going On?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lylas

The Fly
Has anyone heard a version of What's Going On with just U2 and Coldplay? I just heard it on the radio. Sounded pretty cool, especially without all those other people. I had no idea this cover existed. Anyone know anything about it?

Originally posted by Zoo Schabow:

It's actually the Brian Eno version, featuring Bono and that guy from Coldplay!

His name is Chris Martin. Really cute guy with great voice ...
uD43951.jpg

------------------
Under pressure, but not bent out of shape

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching

Originally posted by madzia:
His name is Chris Martin. Really cute guy with great voice ...
uD43951.jpg

Coldplay came to Belfast last year and I met him, hes sooooo nice, I have all their autogrpahs and then i went to a pub with them to their aftershow party cus he gave me tickets
biggrin.gif
It was great!

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Originally posted by bono-vox:
Coldplay came to Belfast last year and I met him, hes sooooo nice, I have all their autogrpahs and then i went to a pub with them to their aftershow party cus he gave me tickets
biggrin.gif
It was great!

That's so cool!!!

*envy*

Where can I find this version? Saw Coldplay last week in concert here in NYC-- actually at Irving Plaza where U2 played last year. Anyway, the show was amazing, the band is great and you really should see them if you have a chance.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Originally posted by sharky:
Where can I find this version?

It's on the What's Going On single/EP/whateveryoucallit. Go out and buy it in your record shop. Proceeds will go to charity, so it's never money lost. One piece of advice though, stay far away from Fred Durst's Reality Check Remix (you DON'T want to hear that one)
And for the record, the version is called the London Version. As many said, it's a great version (and by having only two main voices it doesn't distract from the lyrics).

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Track 3 is the reason why I bought the single - totally amazing vocals from the both of them!

I think the single version is terrible, no offense to Bono but I just don't dig any of the artists who took part, especially all those stupid rappers... and especially Britney!
mad.gif

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
Track 3 is the reason why I bought the single - totally amazing vocals from the both of them!

I think the single version is terrible, no offense to Bono but I just don't dig any of the artists who took part, especially all those stupid rappers... and especially Britney!
mad.gif

My thoughts exactly!

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Thanks for the info! Coldplay came through here a few months ago, but I missed them.
frown.gif

I'll definitely go next time.

As for the single. Where did you buy it? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Hello,

I'd say check Amazon.com, CDnow or whatever online music shop you like. Do a search on the title What's Going On and you'll find it most likely. I believe it came out 6 weeks ago.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

I bought the CD last week in Australia ($13) so it should be available elsewhere if we have it
biggrin.gif
I hadn't read any info about the different versions, so I did a double take on Track 3. At first I thought it was just Bono and then tuned in a bit closer... beautiful blending of voices.
I rememeber being up early to see the "Stuck In A Moment" film clip on Australian TV for the first time and seeing this young guy with a sweet sweet voice in a superbly simple film clip(walking on the beach at dawn). I could only guess the song must be called yellow, it was gentle and haunting, beautiful...the rest is history.
GO OUT AND BUY What's Going On

Back
Top Bottom