U2 & Bruce Cockburn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katey

War Child
Being a big fan of course of U2 , but also Bruce Cockburn you think I would have clued in sooner but I just realised these lyrics in U2's God II
"Heard a singer on the radio late last night, said he?s gonna kick the darkness ?til it bleeds daylight?
Then in Amercan Prayer
?Let?s kick at the darkness, make the light, the light brighter now
That comes from Bruce Cockburn song Lover's in a Dangerous Time
" When you're lovers in a dangerous time Sometimes you're made to feel as if your love's a crime Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight"
Bruce and Bono have spoken off and on about their faith and the third world as both being activists .
And I believe U2 even covered If I had a Rocket Launcher which was never released..I've heard Bono has used the lyrics in concert " If I had a Rocket Launcher Some Son Of a Bitch Would Die" Anyone have anymore info or remember hearing it???

Bruce Cockburn and Bono.. writing songs together hmmmmmmmmm......just imagine.. there out of it would come a powerful message I am sure

Last edited:
Yes, when I first heard 'God Part II' I thought it was a great line by Bono.... until I listened more closely to Bruce Cockburn's song (what an unfortunate last name, by the way....yet another case of pronounciation coming to the rescue).

Back
Top Bottom