U2 and B.B. King to record again - From Billboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsp77

Refugee
B.B. Celebrating 80 With Tour, Album, Museum

Blues legend B.B. King won't celebrate his 80th birthday until Sept. 16, but a host of events are in the works leading up to the occasion. King is already in the midst of an extensive tour, which rolls into San Diego tonight (March 1) and has dates on tap through July 5 at the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland.

Later this month, King will begin work on a new duets album, which is confirmed to feature pairings with Van Morrison, U2, Sting and Elton John. The set will be released later this year on a Universal Music Group label to be announced.

It will be King's first new studio album since 2003's "Reflections," which debuted at No. 2 on Billboard's Top Blues Albums chart.

In June, ground will broken on the B.B. King Museum in his hometown of Indianola, Miss.. Benefit concerts for the museum are in the works for late summer at a venue to be announced and on Sept. 20 in Beverly Hills, Calif.

Also in September, King will be the subject of the Bulfinch Press book "B.B. King's Treasures," which follows his 1996 autobiography "Blues All Around Me."

Sweet! I live in Indianola!!!

He'll be playing here in May/June like he always does. Maybe U2 will show up !!!!! (doubt it but it'd be awesome).

He always plays this small show at a place called Club Ebony and I go every year. I mean it's a small ass run down shack in the ghetto but it rocks the night BB's in town. It's so "intimate."

Anyways sometimes he has guests come up with him....so if Bono showed up this year that'd rock!

:hmm:
The article doesn't explicitly say that BB and U2 (or the other artists) will be recording (again). It could well be that the duets album will have When Love Comes To Town.

:shrug:

Popmartijn said:
:hmm:
The article doesn't explicitly say that BB and U2 (or the other artists) will be recording (again). It could well be that the duets album will have When Love Comes To Town.

:shrug:

Well, since it says B.B. will begin work, I assumed he was recording and not just compiling. I would be extremely pissed if it was just When Love Comes to Town.

My guess is B.B. is trying to make his own Genius Loves Company. Now, hopefully he won't die right after it is finished.

Cool news!

I'm guessing U2 and B.B. will record something new for their duet. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to put out a "new" duets album and then put a song on there that was recorded and released a long time ago.

I think it is a great idea and of course there is going to be people here that dont like it because it is out of their own rhelm to listen to a musical style they dont hear every day. Ive got news for those people though that if it wasnt for genres like The Blues their wouldnt be things like Rock today.

Last edited:
Yahweh said:
I think it is a great idea and of course there is going to be people here that dont like it because it is out of their own rhelm to listen to a musical style they dont here every day. Ive got news for those people though that if it wasnt for genres like The Blues their wouldnt be things like Rock today.

:yes:

Back
Top Bottom