U2 All Time Great Live Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ponkine said:

I´m trying mate, but it seems doesn´t work :(

ah that's alright, atleast you were trying

damn you technology! working one minute, then knocking up your daughter the next :mad:

Hey Gibby, thanks for those songs. That Exit version may have to replace the version I have on my music player on myspace profile. Awesome stuff.:bow:

phommel said:
For me popmart rotterdam please is absolutely the favourite. I bought the single, and I lost it! Think i gave it someone to ciopy and never got it back...Does anyone here at the forum have the mp3?? I really want it. Would be great if someone can email me.

pascal_hommelberg@yahoo.com

THANK YOU !

Check your e-mail, phommel. :) Let me know if it got through. Oh, and it's an MP4, not an MP3...should work on Winamp or iTunes.

And my pleasure, trev! That version of Exit is absolutely smoking. I love the Riders On The Storm snippet.

Gibby and everyone else that posted these moments... :bow:

My favorites are Love Is Blindness & RTSS/Streets from Zoo Sydney/Dublin, Bad from Live Aid and Please/Streets from Mexico City! :combust:

GibsonGirl said:

Check your e-mail, phommel. :) Let me know if it got through. Oh, and it's an MP4, not an MP3...should work on Winamp or iTunes.

And my pleasure, trev! That version of Exit is absolutely smoking. I love the Riders On The Storm snippet.

Thanks very much GibsonGirl !! You made my day. The mp4 is fantastic!!

I (unfortunatly) don't have a lot of live recordings. But as far as being part of the crowd at a live show, some of my best memories are from Joshua Tree tour:

Hartford, Conn or Providence, R.I. (I honestly can't remember). We were eagerly waiting for the band to take the stage. 'Stand by Me' by Ben E. King was playing over the P.A. with all the house lights on. In the middle of the song U2 just walks out on stage and starts playing/singing along. They finish and break into 'Gloria'. The house lights didn't go off until the end of 'Gloria'. Needless to say, the place was going ape-sh*t. No one sat down the entire show. 'Streets' was 1st encore. Amazing energy.

2nd of two shows, the Garden, NYC (the night AFTER Rattle and Hum recordings). During 'Trip through your wires', Bono spots a girl up front waving a harmonica. He pulls her up on stage to play the solo and she NAILS it!! The place just erupted. I wonder what she's up to...

Zootlesque said:

My favorites are Love Is Blindness & RTSS/Streets from Zoo Sydney/Dublin, Bad from Live Aid and Please/Streets from Mexico City! :combust:

Could not agree more on Love Is Blindness and RTSS/Streets from ZooTV.
The segue into Streets on Popmart is amazing as well, but I think Bono's voice - at least on most of the Popmart boots I've heard - lets the song down somewhat. The intro is :drool: , as always though.

Another thing I really love about most U2 bootlegs is that when Bono says something during a song, even if it's just something like 'Thank you.', he usually times it really well, and in a way that adds to the performance. I don't know whether that's intentional or not.... but it just works.

Back
Top Bottom