U2 Albums Tournament Round One: Part THREE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is the better album?

• (2) Achtung Baby

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • (11) Boy

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
First of all, there were some who thought my ranking of the albums by sales figures was a bit off, so I've posted another thread that deals with the album sales figures in this discussion area.

The third part of the first round is Achtung Baby vs. Boy. So, which will it be? The band's debut? Or the debut of the reinvented band?

Simply put, this is a 12 album NCAA style bracket tournament to find out which U2 Album is the best. Albums were given rankings in advance based on number of copies sold, with the one exception being ATYCLB, which was given a higher ranking due to its popularity among fans. The final info from this will be combined with other recent polls to get an overall ranking of these 12 albums.

Here's the bracket (by the way, I swapped Zooropa and The B-Sides because Zooropa actually reached the two million mark before The B-Sides):

(1) The Joshua Tree
vs. -------------------------------W=The Joshua Tree
(12) Pop

(6) The Unforgettable Fire
vs. -------------------------------W=The Unforgettable Fire
(7) Under A Blood Red Sky
---------------------------------

(2) Achtung Baby
vs. -------------------------------W=?
(11) Boy

(5) War
vs.
(8) Zooropa

---------------------------------

(3) All That You Can't Leave Behind
vs.
(10) October

(4) Rattle and Hum
vs.
(9) The B-Sides (1980-1990)

Yeah, thanks to the Boy appreciation thread, I'm sure this one won't be as much of a blowout as yesterday's Unforgettable Fire vs. Under a Blood Red Sky.

By the way everyone, after the tournament, I will be using the results from it and a few other recent polls, along with some new ones that I'll make, to find out the overall ranking of the 12 albums listed here by this forum's visitors.

BigMacPhisto said:

By the way everyone, after the tournament, I will be using the results from it and a few other recent polls, along with some new ones that I'll make, to find out the overall ranking of the 12 albums listed here by this forum's visitors.

:up: This was a really cool idea! Thanks! :happy:

Rono said:

It's alright. I'm sure Boy will finish ahead of a few of these albums once I've done enough polls to get a final ranking of all 12 of these.

BigMacPhisto said:

It's alright. I'm sure Boy will finish ahead of a few of these albums once I've done enough polls to get a final ranking of all 12 of these.
:sexywink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom