U2 albums re-mastered ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eh. :| I don't think I'll be buying any of them, unless JT has a whole second disc of b-sides and rarities. :drool:

Just to add, apparently this will happen in Spring 2007, and all of the remastered albums will have a series of "bonus tracks".

:hmm: All B-sides on their 80's albums...

Hmm.. wonder if the Deluxe Double Edition would be the double album the band originally talked about JT being... that would be really cool

U2jer said:
Hmm.. wonder if the Deluxe Double Edition would be the double album the band originally talked about JT being... that would be really cool

I'm puttin my money on this

And I would absolutely buyt it , after all I don't even have it yet

LemonMacPhisto said:
It depends what's on it, then I'd buy it.

Same. I'd love to hear an official "extended Joshua Tree" though, if that's indeed what they mean by that. Instead of lossy quality digital files with fucked up amplitude levels between songs. :drool:

Lancemc said:

Same. I'd love to hear an official "extended Joshua Tree" though, if that's indeed what they mean by that. Instead of lossy quality digital files with fucked up amplitude levels between songs. :drool:

I bet you'd enjoy a copy of Pop that was well produced even more. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

I bet you'd enjoy a copy of Pop that was well produced even more. :wink:

Now that's true as well. :wink: Really, the only time I can listen to Pop all the way through is when I haven't listened to any U2 for a long time and decide to listen to Pop before anything else. :shrug: A good remastering might change that though. :drool:

Lancemc said:

Now that's true as well. :wink: Really, the only time I can listen to Pop all the way through is when I haven't listened to any U2 for a long time and decide to listen to Pop before anything else. :shrug: A good remastering might change that though. :drool:

:up: I feel the same way about Achtung Baby. The songs are great, but I always think something is wrong with my speakers when I listen to it. Plus, the great Zoo TV versions spoiled me. :| A good remastering job, plus B-sides would win me over though. :yes:

LemonMelon said:

:up: I feel the same way about Achtung Baby. The songs are great, but I always think something is wrong with my speakers when I listen to it. Plus, the great Zoo TV versions spoiled me. :| A good remastering job, plus B-sides would win me over though. :yes:

I can see what you mean, although I love AB's production personally, though that album I feel lends more to personal taste than technical issues.

All three 90's album could benefit from extensive remastering though, and I hope that they continue the trend they're starting with the 80's albums...if they actually do a worthy job on them. An extended Achtung Baby with a bonus disc of remastered Demos and b-sides would be like a gift from God himself. Same goes for Zooropa and Pop.

Lancemc said:
An extended Achtung Baby with a bonus disc of remastered Demos and b-sides would be like a gift from God himself. Same goes for Zooropa and Pop.

I smell a useless petition being written up as we speak. :drool:

Can bonus tracks fit on a single disc R&H?

I hope the remazteringz have lotz of comprezzion. It'z what all thee yung kidz are liztening 2 theez dayz.

lol i was just about to post this. :eek:

http://www.u2boy.nl/u2_news/pivot/entry.php?id=128

J_NP said:

I'm puttin my money on this

I don't think it's very likely... i think (and hope!) that they're focusing on the new album, doubt that they'll put much effort in re-inventing the joshua tree.

Bonus dics:
B-sides: Luminous Times, Walk to the Water, Spanish Eyes, Deep in the Heart, Race Against Time... and maybe some unreleased songs?

I'm not too excited about this.. I already have these albums, I'm certainly not planning on buying them agian...

I'd buy JT again just if they had Exit good and loud (and without that bit of OTH at the start, although it does sound cool)... but the whole thing remastered and with B-sides? Sign me up.

I've managed to find all the B-sides for the mythical double-JT-album except Race Against Time... it would be sweet if I could go out and buy it whole, with good sound. :drool:

i hear the sound of a gigantic money making machine again :up:

we all know how good u2 are at remastering their old material. the best of 1990-2000 :love:

u2boy_nl said:
lol i was just about to post this. :eek:

http://www.u2boy.nl/u2_news/pivot/entry.php?id=128

I don't think it's very likely... i think (and hope!) that they're focusing on the new album, doubt that they'll put much effort in re-inventing the joshua tree.

Bonus dics:
B-sides: Luminous Times, Walk to the Water, Spanish Eyes, Deep in the Heart, Race Against Time... and maybe some unreleased songs?

I'm not too excited about this.. I already have these albums, I'm certainly not planning on buying them agian...

I was puttin my money a 2nd 11 songs disc , with the B-sides and couple of unreleased , how hard is that to believe ?

Alisaura said:
I'd buy JT again just if they had Exit good and loud (and without that bit of OTH at the start, although it does sound cool)... but the whole thing remastered and with B-sides? Sign me up.

My thoughts exactly. "Exit" is one of the best songs off of JT, but yah can't hear it:slant:

I also know that even though I have every album when/if they begin releasing remastered CDs I'm gonna be first in line on release day and I'm gonna buy them all.
Why? It's the same reason I bought "18"
Because U2 owns my soul:bow:

fear_nothing said:

My thoughts exactly. "Exit" is one of the best songs off of JT, but yah can't hear it:slant:

I also know that even though I have every album when/if they begin releasing remastered CDs I'm gonna be first in line on release day and I'm gonna buy them all.
Why? It's the same reason I bought "18"
Because U2 owns my soul:bow:

I've paid enough that i ought to own U2s soul.

MrBrau1 said:
I'll buy every single album again.

Same as I'll be buying every Beatles record when they're remastered.

that's exactly the reason why I'm holding off buying any Beatles albums in the near future. as much as I love the band, I know I'm just going to rebuy them when they're rereleased with better sound quality.

as much as I sympathize with those who feel they shouldn't have to buy an album again, anything with better sound is bliss to me (and b-sides wouldn't hurt either!). plus, it makes it a bit easier on the volume switches on my ipod and stereo when I switch a newer and older CD. :)

trevgreg said:
that's exactly the reason why I'm holding off buying any Beatles albums in the near future. as much as I love the band, I know I'm just going to rebuy them when they're rereleased with better sound quality.

as much as I sympathize with those who feel they shouldn't have to buy an album again, anything with better sound is bliss to me (and b-sides wouldn't hurt either!). plus, it makes it a bit easier on the volume switches on my ipod and stereo when I switch a newer and older CD. :)

The question is of course if the remastered albums will have better sound quality. Most CDs nowadays have a worse sound than earlier ones. Yes, they are LOUDER, but (as U2FanPeter also alluded to), they've treated the sound in such a way that all dynamics have been lost. And that will eventually make the impact of the music less.
(Exit is a good example. I also think that song is too quiet at the moment. But when they remaster it, then I think the song should still start very quiet. Only then will the burst of guitars in the middle have any effect, not when Bono's whisper is as loud as Edge's guitar.)

I like most U2 albums as they are (soundwise). I hope that if they are remastered they'll sound better, but I have my fears...

that would be sooooo great - most U2 albums sounds horrible. Also hearing SBS on the U218 and New Years Day makes me want to :yuck: After listening to Beatles "Love" - I can imagine what you can do to old songs - I really can't wait for these....:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom