U2 Albums in DTS 5.1 Surround

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chanfle98

The Fly
A friend of mine just gave me a Joshua Tree DTS Audio Cd that i never heard of before. Does anyone know where this came from and if there are any more? It sounds great in 5.1 Surround!!!

I did a search for the joshua tree and DTS and apparently somebody is posting this to torrent sites, and theres also DTS versions of Achtung, ATYCLB, Zooropa and Pop (At least that i could find so far)

if someone finds them, please post a link. obviously, we can't post YSI or because it's still technically official material.

Quote from one of the torrents:
So this will be my DTS upmix of 'Achtung Baby'

They are, as expected, upmixes. So they are in no way real 5.1, they're just stereo "stretched out" over 5 speakers. You won't gain anything extra with this. It may be nice if you want to hear U2 albums through 5 speakers though.

Last edited:
chanfle98 said:
I did a search for the joshua tree and DTS and apparently somebody is posting this to torrent sites, and theres also DTS versions of Achtung, ATYCLB, Zooropa and Pop (At least that i could find so far)

Excellent!! :D

Popmartijn said:
AFAIK, there is no official 5.1 surround release of any U2 album.
:eyebrow:

Holy cow, abbreviation is reaching new peaks! :ohmy: I'm having to google these now!!

Yes, the concert DVD's have 5.1 sound (not only R&H but also the Elevation and Vertigo DVDs). However, there are no official 5.1 editions of the U2 albums.

Back
Top Bottom