U2 Album Track Order Archetype

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
By now we all know the archetype for track orders that U2 has replicated at least in part on pretty much every studio record since the Joshua Tree. Start with a fast-paced, upbeat single, follow it up with a slightly more mellow song(in some cases much more mellow), followed by a ballad, end the record with a darker rock song followed by a downbeat, depressing song, everything in between...you know. Anyway, I've just been looking at the tracklistings of the last two records and if you rearrange the tracks a bit(not much), you can make them match the archetype to a T...

JT:

Streets
Still Haven't Found
WOWY
Bullet
RTSS
Red Hill
IGC
Trip
OTH
Exit
MOTD

ATYCLB:

BD
Stuck
Walk On
Elevation
In A Little While
Kite
Wild Honey
Peace On Earth
When I Look At The World
New York
Grace

HTDAAB:

Vertigo
MD
Sometimes
LAPOE
Original
COBL
Crumbs
AMAAW
Yahweh
ABOY
One Step

That HTDAAB listing actually makes the record much more cohesive for me.

Yeah, you're right!! But Mofo isn't a ballad and it's perfect after BOOOM CHA DISCOTEQUE and DO you FEEL loved

Good point...

but Yahweh is an awesome closer. I think its better at 11 than OSC would have been.

Yeah... I don't know. My own fav track order has OSC as the ending track. But Yahweh is pretty good too and because of the following lyrics...

Still waiting for the dawn
The sun is coming up
Sun is coming up on the ocean
This love is like a drop in the ocean
This love is like a drop in the ocean

... is a great contender for the last song. I think Yahweh is a little too long though and that's why it's a bit weird at the end.

Back
Top Bottom