U2 Album Cover Survivor: Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF one of the following covers:

• Boy (UK/ROW Versiobn)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • October

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • War

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Under A Blood Red Sky

• The Unforgettable Fire

• Wide Awake in America

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • The Joshua Tree (LP Version)

• The Joshua Tree (CD Version)

• Rattle and Hum

• Achtung Baby

• Zooropa

• Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Pop

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Best of 80-90

• All That You Can't Leave Behind

• Best of 90-00

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
sorry, i can't come up with anything funny to put in the subject line!

anyway, we had a decent turnout, i'd say. 34 people in all voted, and about a third of those all voted for the u.s. version of boy, so i'd say it pretty clear that's our first loser.

to address martha's question in the previous thread, i didn't even know the covers were different! :reject:

so anyway, since jt was obviously not even close to being voted off, i'm going to add both versions to the poll. i think i saw the album for sale at my local record store, so i may have to check it out to see how it looks.

so yeah, same thing goes. please vote off your least favourite album cover. no one's seemed to have any questions as to what the covers look like, but if anyone does, interference has a discography that has the album covers. but if there's not one of them there, let me know and i can probably dig it up somewhere.

Who the heck voted off Zooropa??? :eyebrow:

I voted for October, cause I hate covers where they are just simply everyday pics of the band, and JT is better because of the context.

What about us poor non-Premium Members? Oh well ... I'll go searching online to see what it's like.

Wide Awake In America has to go. It's hard to tell what it even is and it's simply the worst cover U2's done. But who in the world's voting off October? That's an awesome cover.

FYI, a couple of years ago there was a rerelease of The Joshua Tree. The CD has now the same cover as the LP. So I don't think there have to be 2 separate entries for that album (they're equal now).

C ya!

Marty

Axver said:
Wide Awake In America has to go. It's hard to tell what it even is and it's simply the worst cover U2's done. But who in the world's voting off October? That's an awesome cover.

I think those persons are the same who think the WAIA cover isn't too bad (a bit blurry, but that's it).

:)

Marty

i vote off rattle and hum.....

i like the october cover, the positoining of the band members has significance eg. where they look etc.

and the song titles are on the front, what an innovation

Popmartijn said:
FYI, a couple of years ago there was a rerelease of The Joshua Tree. The CD has now the same cover as the LP. So I don't think there have to be 2 separate entries for that album (they're equal now).

Marty, you always teach me something new. My copies of both are many years old.

Goodbye, Pop...

I'm voting off POP! I'm not buying the "Andy Warhol" comparisons, either.

It is a bad album cover, and a bad album, by far U2's worst! All that "disco" stuff - what were they thinking?

I was worried until ATYCLB came out. Thank goodness, it appears that POP was an anomaly...

geography said:
I don't think it's the worst cover (as much as I love October it does have a pretty poor cover) I do agree that POP does have a pretty lousy cover which doesn't deserve to be put in one league with Warhol (even though I'm not a fan of his work either) and co

to be honest, even though I do adore most of Anton Corbijn's work, the cover of Achtung Baby also doesn't do more to me than being a collection of photos instead of a real artistic statement

Last edited:
Re: Goodbye, Pop...

geography said:

It is a bad album cover, and a bad album, by far U2's worst! All that "disco" stuff - what were they thinking?

I was worried until ATYCLB came out. Thank goodness, it appears that POP was an anomaly...

please, not another "POP" discussion.. :|

October's Blonde Afro or WAIA better than POP? :eyebrow: really??

October's cover

October's Blonde Afro or WAIA better than POP? really??

I don't particularly like October's cover, either. But it does have one good thing going for it: Dublin in the background...

It would have been a much nicer album cover if the bandmates weren't in the photo.

I like artistic photos, but not band photos.

WAIA is okay for a live EP cover. But I agree again: I'm not particularly fond of it...

:wave:

someone count my vote for voting off the passengers album...couldnt vote again

and by the way, if you dont see the warhol thing in the pop album you might want to check out what warhol was all about, then maybe think a while, then think some more, and maybe let us know how youve changed your mind, because its there (warhol's influence-the band turned themselves into something so cheap and usable- i.e. the tacky lemon mirrorball gimmick) for gods sake they used his artwork in the popmart shows thank you :rant:

so mofo82.......you're not a fan of the POP cover?:wink: (kidding) it's an obvious tip of the hat....and not a bad cover at all:up:

mofo82 said:
and by the way, if you dont see the warhol thing in the pop album
I do see it
I just think the end product is nowhere near the quality of Warhols work
and therefore the comparison end up to be even more of a turndown for me

it's just like I could write a song obviously inspired by U2 that would still end up like a really crap song
I would like to think that people will say "jeez, that's a really crappy song" not that they would say "hey, he must have been inspired by U2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom