U2 ahead of Elvis by only 200 copies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
on friday U2 are heading for no1 in the UK but Saturdays sales can can everything! U2 are only 200 copies ahead of elvis so come on! go and buy 3 more copies on Saturday!!!! we can do this but need all the UK people on this ssite to help!

Just think first ever time U2 will have 2 number 1 singles from one album co come on!

it will make number 1 i have 90% confidence in the UK publin to make the correct choice. Unlike the USA who have sadly let the album slip to number 28 :p joke

Elvis got beaten to number one a couple of weeks ago by Eminem. i like Elvis but i was glad Eminem beat him cos im getting really annoyed now at bloody Elvis going to number one every week when he's been dead for the last 25+ years

i think there are 18 re releases on total. These are the songs that have gone no1 before.

i don't think i have heard of a chart battle like this in a while

on cd:uk they didn't actually announce thier no1 this week, they just played sometimes, it seems like they don't even know who is at no1, i'll have to check out radio1 tommorow

All of Evlise's UK number 1's are being re -released bac kto back. I am not sure of the exact figure think it's about 18.

This is the 5th or 6th conseuctive release as far as I can remember. 2 have not gone to number 1, one was last week when he was beaten by Eminem and one was 3 weeks ago but I can't remember the artist that beat him other that she was a new female artist.

The pattern has been that the sales of Elvis have dropped of towards the end of the week and to be honest the general public probably wouldn't have known a new U2 single was being released until wednesday of this week due to lack of promotion, although the juggernaut promotion vehicle as been in full flow for the last 2 or 3 days so I will listen excitedly tomorrow in the hope that they ahve made it to number 1. If you listen to radio 1 which can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/radio between 6.30 and 7.00 uk time you can listen to find out if they made it.

if I buy ten copies and then return 9 of them in a week, that still goes to the figures doesnt it?

super fly guy said:
It would be a big victory if U2 beat elvis to number 1. Hopefully the album sales pick up aswell.

I'm sure Larry would be thrilled to beat out his idol to number one.

boystupidboy said:
Elvis?Elvis Costello?Has he released a new single?I thought he packed up years ago:|

Didn't he have a new cd that Bono was raving about recently?

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom