U2 acronym post (FWIW)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orgilion

Babyface
HTDAAB = How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

01. VRTGO = Vertigo
02. MD = Miracle Drug
03. SYCMIOYO = Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own
04. LAPOE = Love and Peace or Else
05. COBL = City of Blinding Lights
06. ABOY = All Because of You
07. MAAW = Man and a Woman
08. CFYT = Crumbs from Your Table
09. OSC = One Step Closer
10. OOTS = Original of the Species
11. YW = Yahweh

(Next)

kill.gif

Sorry I just noticed you are new poster. Theres a number of us here who dont like the use of acronyms.

There is also a number that appear to love them :shrug:

peace

orgilion said:
06. ABOY = All Because of You

Heh, I usually don't have much trouble with the acronyms, but when I saw the one for this song, for the longest time I kept thinking it was a title for a whole different song that wasn't on this album. It was driving me nuts, I was like, "What's this 'A Boy' song?!" And then I finally caught on :p. LOL.

The ones for "Sometimes..." and "Stuck In A Moment" are rather similar, so sometimes those trip me up a bit.

Angela

If U2 would just quit giving their shit such long names we wouldn't have to use them :sigh:

ATYCLB
IALW
SIAMYCGOO
POE

*runs*

beli said:

Well, I can't really stand them*, so I decided to "help". Cuz it chaps my hide when I read a post that has a bunch of them in it, and I have to dig out the CD to figure out which song it is.

So, my apologies if this thread is a bit obtuse, but hey... I NEED MORE RESOURCES!!!

By the way, I love this forum! Thanks for being cool.

*acronyms

Might as well post every song from every album while you're at it :wink: IMHO LMAO WTF.

lmjhitman said:

Is this from the digital box set? One of the rare, unreleased songs? :wink:

I think that's a special song for the fan who loves absolutely everything U2 has done or will ever do in the future. ;)

I will use acronyms for some of the medium to long names, but for songs like Vertigo or Yahweh...what's the point? You save about one or two letters of typing. lol. And for many long-named songs there are one-word ways of talking about it. Case in point: WTSHNN or Streets.

WWTPMF = Who Want's To Pull My Finger?

IMHO
LMAO
WTF

IALW
SIAMYCGOO
POE

Ok, I think it's normal I haven't understood a damn little thing... definetely!

Back
Top Bottom