U2:3d Canceled In My Town!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I got wind that it was opening yesterday in my town, then when I called they told me it had been canceled, when I asked why all the manager could say was "the studio told us"

:censored: :sad: :(

Wasn't the national release date supposed to have been yesterday or am I imagining things??? I've been trying to watch this movie for 3 weeks now! :madspit:

First, and not surprisingly, none of my local theaters carried it during the limited release. I was excited to find it listed, though, for the national release which I swear was Friday, February 15th.

Looked forward allllll week to seeing the film multiple times this weekend - and it was an especially shitty week :grumpy: - only to drive by both the multiplexes here in town & discover no shows listed. Came home to check by website & again, no shows were listed for Friday..... Saturday ...... Sunday..... WTF??? Spent all Friday night & today completely cheezed off after determining that apparently I live in a complete backwater. :banghead:

Just for kicks, I went online again today to try & find a theater in Myrtle Beach that might be showing the movie (especially since there's an actual IMAX screen there), only to find that nothing's showing now until the 'national release, Feb. 22'. :confused: Anyone know what's going on? 'Cause I sure don't! :confused:

ETA: just found this thread:http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=184190... these two should probably be linked. :sheepishgrin:

Last edited:
I just called my theaters this morning and they say it is now delayed indefinately!!! WT#!
I am trying to plan a party for before or after the Movie but if you don't know when it is going to open, this is impossible to do!
Anyone know why it is still being postponed?
Fred Hardin
mothersuckingrocknroll!

I actually saw a "trailer" for U23D this morning on VH-1 which I had not seen b-4 when it was released on IMAX--I think it's set for rerelease 2-22-08. It would be a shame to let Hannah Montana outshine U2.

So, let me understand you correctly gabrielvox... Because this film has been viewed by some people in some cities in this country, we should be happy and forget about trying to see this for ourselves!? I can't speak for everyone but I have been very patiently waiting for many Months for this to come out. Because I want to have a party with other U2 Fan /friends of mine and would like to plan a party around this film opening in my town. I am now a selfish bastard!? You make it sound like because it was viewed in some cities in this VERY LARGE Country, all U2 Fans should have seen it and had their fill of it by now. Is this correct?
Fred
mothersuckingrocknroll!

Which town do you live in, theu2fly?

If it's somewhere near the Canadian border, that's probably why U23D got cancelled.

Maybe you could fly to a real city to see it, or just wait until 3D televisions come out.

I heard it just got cancelled in Buffalo. Apparently, the theaters got wind that many Canadiens would be going there to see it.

I can't believe they canceled it in Buffalo for that reason. A whole market has to lose out because the film distributor doesn't want Canadians to see the movie before its Canadian release date? Or is that not what it is? The film is already getting a fairly limited release; if people want to go through the trouble to travel to go see it, they should be allowed.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I can't believe they canceled it in Buffalo for that reason. A whole market has to lose out because the film distributor doesn't want Canadians to see the movie before its Canadian release date? Or is that not what it is? The film is already getting a fairly limited release; if people want to go through the trouble to travel to go see it, they should be allowed.

I guess I should have added a :wink:

FrednU2 said:
Because this film has been viewed by some people in some cities in this country, we should be happy and forget about trying to see this for ourselves!? I can't speak for everyone but I have been very patiently waiting for many Months for this to come out. Because I want to have a party with other U2 Fan /friends of mine and would like to plan a party around this film opening in my town.

FrednU2 said:
Because this film has been viewed by some people in some cities in this country, we should be happy and forget about trying to see this for ourselves!? I can't speak for everyone but I have been very patiently waiting for many Months for this to come out. Because I want to have a party with other U2 Fan /friends of mine and would like to plan a party around this film opening in my town.

FrednU2 said:

FrednU2 said:

Man, I feel your pain. Do you mind if I quote this in random arguments about U2 3D from now on? Thanks.

(and rose is 100% right ;) )

It's not playing in my city either. They said they had already scheduled other films and were totally booked. Right now all I see is a few showings of Spiderwick. Great.

I saw it in Chicago and Lansing, MI.

gabrielvox said:
The only logical conclusion is that you either have no U2 fans in your city or your city is overrun with Canadians.

That's the weird thing. Our city is WAY bigger than fucking Lansing and we have gazillions of U2 fans. I know enough U2 fans alone to fill our IMAX twice over and that's just me. We went to the show in Lansing and there was only FOUR other people in the entire theater! (the Chicago ones were obviously packed, sold out, bought reserved seats weeks ahead of time, people waited in line for an hour for RESERVED seats!)

We do have a lot of Dutch Canadians though!

Back
Top Bottom