"U2:3D" - aiming for Fall release, 14-15 songs, 80-90 minutes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:
OK, thats why I asked. So both Buenos Aires shows, at least one Mexico City show and the 1st Melbourne show. Like I said before, Melbourne really isnt a factor as it was supposedly for crowd shots. So I dont think you are going to see full songs from that show (IE something they did differently at that one over the others shot like Saints or Kite).

My guess is its going to be primarily the 2nd Buenos Aires show with parts of the first one mixed in here and there, sort of like the Chicago DVD.

:yes:

Unless we get Kite with nothing but crowd shots and views of Bono's legs. :lol:

Canadiens1160 said:
Cue Rattle & Hum-esque backlash!
What's next: "U2 - The Ride" at Universal Studios? Despite the attractiveness of such a prospect to the PLEBA crew.

Something's got to replace the Back to the Future ride.

Maybe it can be the band searching for their creativity. :hmm:

Utoo said:

:yes:

Unless we get Kite with nothing but crowd shots and views of Bono's legs. :lol:

Kite could work very well over the end credits, whether it's audio only only or simply weird camera angles that avoid Bono's shaved head.

Blue Room said:

My guess is its going to be primarily the 2nd Buenos Aires show with parts of the first one mixed in here and there, sort of like the Chicago DVD.

A better example may be the Stones IMAX film. Where Paris London and Germany(I think those were the 3 cities) were mixed together at random with different wardrobes.

U2FanPeter said:

A better example may be the Stones IMAX film. Where Paris London and Germany(I think those were the 3 cities) were mixed together at random with different wardrobes.

Possible, but from what we have heard so far Mexico City was testing the cameras. Buenos Aires was the actual shoot. Melbourne was for additional crowd shot angles. So based on that information I think it will be primarily the Buenos Aires shows. Also, they keep saying shot at the S. American shows. Well from what we know they only filmed two S. American shows using the IMAX cameras. Both were Buenos Aires. Just putting two and two together. :shrug:

I havent heard audio from the first Buenos Aires show. Was Bono's vocal in better shape for that one? If so, I can see them using that at the beginning (IE City, Vertigo, Elevation).

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

Something's got to replace the Back to the Future ride.

Maybe it can be the band searching for their creativity. :hmm:

Looks like those creative bastards in Aerosmith are ahead of the curve yet again:

wdwbgw26cc7.jpg

inmyplace13 said:

Looks like those creative bastards in Aerosmith are ahead of the curve yet again:

wdwbgw26cc7.jpg

I read there's a Chili Peppers roller coaster at Disneyland in California, but the guys from Aerosmith are sellouts.

I like the Chili Peppers and all, but how do they escape all of the "selloutzzz LZOL" talk?

Maybe if one of your band mates actually dies from drugs, it gives you a "Get Out of Sellout Jail" free pass.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I read there's a Chili Peppers roller coaster at Disneyland in California, but the guys from Aerosmith are sellouts.

I like the Chili Peppers and all, but how do they escape all of the "selloutzzz LZOL" talk?

The Red Hot Chili Peppers will entertain visitors to California's Disneyland Resort during the first few months of 2007 by helping to transform two of the resort's most popular rides with their music.

As part of the Disneyland Resort's "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion, both the venerable Space Mountain attraction in Disneyland and the California Screamin' roller coaster in neighboring Disney's California Adventure will be given makeovers, sporting new lighting technology and fresh soundtracks featuring the music of the Chili Peppers.

Space Mountain--which opened in 1976 and was recently given an extensive rebuild from the bottom up--will become Rockin' Space Mountain during the promotion's run, with the band's 1989 cover of Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground" accompanying riders as they soar through the ride's virtual outer space setting.

Rockin' California Screamin' will also feature a new soundtrack in the form of the Chili Peppers' 1999 hit single "Around the World." The four-minute ride--which takes guests from zero to 55 miles per hour in a mere four seconds--is the world's longest steel-looping coaster, according to a press release.

corianderstem said:
Maybe if one of your band mates actually dies from drugs, it gives you a "Get Out of Sellout Jail" free pass.

I still think every member of Aerosmith died sometime between 1979 and 1986 of a collective cocaine overdose and was replaced by robots programmed to SELLOUT LZOL.

40552_L.jpg

(and this was my 11111th post, creepy)

Blue Room said:

Possible, but from what we have heard so far Mexico City was testing the cameras. Buenos Aires was the actual shoot. Melbourne was for additional crowd shot angles. So based on that information I think it will be primarily the Buenos Aires shows. Also, they keep saying shot at the S. American shows. Well from what we know they only filmed two S. American shows using the IMAX cameras. Both were Buenos Aires. Just putting two and two together. :shrug:

I havent heard audio from the first Buenos Aires show. Was Bono's vocal in better shape for that one? If so, I can see them using that at the beginning (IE City, Vertigo, Elevation).

you're right - Buenos Aires was the main event - they shot with 9 3D-HD cams. I saw one show (I think the first night) - it was aired in Argentinia. It was shot by a local team - not the stuff we will see in the movie. The crowed the Stadium looked amazing, the with or without you - Version - perhaps the best ever. But sadly Bono had some problems at the beginning with his voice - but apart from that it was an absolute amazing show.

- one thing - everybody here uses the word "Imax-cams". I think it would be better to replace that with "3D-HD cams". Because after what we heard now it seems that this film will be shown on the RealD cinema system. James Cameron and Vincent Pace had developed the 3D - cams - not only for IMAX.

perrypickwick said:

The crowed the Stadium looked amazing, the with or without you - Version - perhaps the best ever.

You really have to listen to more live versions of With or Without You. Bono´s voice was shot and there isn´t a single post-ZooTV version that can be matched with the early live versions.

djerdap said:

You really have to listen to more live versions of With or Without You. Bono´s voice was shot and there isn´t a single post-ZooTV version that can be matched with the early live versions.

Of course Bonos voice was much better the early days - and from only the voice and sound aspects the with or without you Version from Rattle and Hum is perhaps my alltime favourite (the ZooTV Versions - that's not so much mine)
What I love so much about the Buenos Aires Version is the look and the magic in the air. Not the music aspect - Bono looked pretty destroyed (I love that)- the fans are absolulty in it and the argentinina film crew just captered the song perfectly. Therefore it's one of my alltime favourite versions - from the visual side...and I see more DVDs than listen to CDs.
:wink:

- and I really don't get it why they showed for the 3D preview Sunday Bloody Sunday - this Vertigo-Rambo-Peace-Bono Version just sucked....

Caught the U2 3D trailer (it was played before Meet The Robinsons 3D version). The short U2 clip that was shown looked great in 3D. Looking forward to seeing the entire film this fall.

Back
Top Bottom