"U2:3D" - aiming for Fall release, 14-15 songs, 80-90 minutes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
setlist i hope for is:-

1-COBL
2-Vertigo (not like they wont is it)
3-Electric Co
4-UTEOTW
5-SYCMIOYO
6-Love And Peace
7-Miss Sarajevo
8-Pride
9-WTSHNN
10-One
11-Zoo Station
12-The Fly
13-With Or Without You
14-OOTS (with orchestra)
15-Kite (extended from melbourn)

prideofzootv said:
setlist i hope for is:-

1-COBL
2-Vertigo (not like they wont is it)
3-Electric Co
4-UTEOTW
5-SYCMIOYO
6-Love And Peace
7-Miss Sarajevo
8-Pride
9-WTSHNN
10-One
11-Zoo Station
12-The Fly
13-With Or Without You
14-OOTS (with orchestra)
15-Kite (extended from melbourn)

Hate to bring it to you, they didn't play Electric Co. at this concert.

15 songs? That blows. Zoo Station and The Fly better be in it!

Only 15 songs?

Why did they cut the Milan DVD, and why isn't this a full show? If they spent all that time recording, they should have atleast "Zoo Station" and "The Fly"

ramblin rose said:
I hope they'll include Fast Cars from Argentina. :pray:

Did they shoot that night using the IMAX cameras? I thought they only shot the last show there using IMAX. I think they did shoot the Mexico City show where it was played though. :hmm: Now that would be cool. Not holding my breath though.

theu2fly said:
Only 15 songs?

Why did they cut the Milan DVD, and why isn't this a full show? If they spent all that time recording, they should have atleast "Zoo Station" and "The Fly"

The rumor/word is the band was not happy with alot of the footage from the shows. One of the reasons it didnt see a full release. Its a bonus disc obviously and I dont think they wanted to spend a ton of time on bonus materials. So they picked some songs they thought looked alright. They obviously didnt want to spend more money for production and editing on a bonus disc so they edited it down.

Honestly, the only thing I really like about the Milan DVD/show that was released is the stage. The Buenos Aires show was WAY better even with Bono's raspy voice. There is something that is just off about the Milan show itself. I cant explain what it is, just one of the subjective personal things. I do like All I Want Is You, Original, and WOWY though. The rest of it is standard at best. Possibly one of the worst versions of City I have heard from the tour as well. The whole intro to it is just OFF.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

Possibly one of the worst versions of City I have heard from the tour as well. The whole intro to it is just OFF.

I agree. I haven't found a version (bootleg) yet that I really like of City. On the Chicago DVD even it sounds like Larry comes in way early when his drums are supposed to usher in the piano riff.

Thanks for that correction Blue Room. :)

Wasn't Zoo TV from Sydney 22 songs or so? This isn't that far from that really.

the milan dvd rules, bitches :rockon:

its a shame we only got 10 songs; this should have been the official vertigo dvd.

i'd take those 10 songs over the chicago dvd anytime, though.

and cobl works much better at a stadium. its stadium rock, it's meant to be played at a stadium, bitches :rockon:

theoriginal said:

I agree. I haven't found a version (bootleg) yet that I really like of City. On the Chicago DVD even it sounds like Larry comes in way early when his drums are supposed to usher in the piano riff.

I agree about City on the Chicago DVD, its not as bad as the Milan version but not the best either. I think they got the timing down perfect from the third leg on for the most part. The song works better as an opener to me as well. The version on the Buenos Aires show is pretty good, Bono's vocals are just raspy, thats the only problem with that version.

U2FanPeter said:
Exactly what shows/setlists did the IMAX crew capture?

These are the three that were shot for sure. I'm not sure if the first Mexico City show was or not. Also the Melbourne show was supposedly mainly for crowd shots so I wouldnt expect any full songs from that show.

February 16, 2006 Mexico City

Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Beautiful Day - Cielito Lindo, Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of (acoustic), Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One

Encore(s): Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, With or Without You, Fast Cars, Original of the Species, 40

March 2, 2006 Buenos Aires

Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Beautiful Day, The First Time (acoustic), Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One

Encore(s): Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, With or Without You, Mothers of the Disappeared, Original of the Species, All I Want Is You

November 19, 2006 Melbourne

Main Set: City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo - Beds are Burning, Elevation, Until The End Of The World, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Beautiful Day – Blackbird, Angel Of Harlem, The First Time, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace Or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where The Streets Have No Name, One - Unchained Melody

Encore(s): The Fly, Mysterious Ways, With or Without You, The Saints Are Coming, Party Girl, Kite, Bad - Ruby Tuesday - 40

Blue Room said:

I agree about City on the Chicago DVD, its not as bad as the Milan version but not the best either. I think they got the timing down perfect from the third leg on for the most part. The song works better as an opener to me as well. The version on the Buenos Aires show is pretty good, Bono's vocals are just raspy, thats the only problem with that version.

How's the Vancouver music video version?

Blue Room said:

Agree. I saw the first Oakland show and it was amazing. What I miss in the bootlegs is the explosion I heard. Right when the piano started we heard an explosion and looked up to see the confetti falling all around us. I have yet to hear that in a bootleg.

For COBL, you really had to be there. Hearing it live and being there at my first concert, not to mention first U2 concert, was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

And yes, so I can criticize objectively, I have listened to the bootlegs, and I assure you all that COBL is definitely brilliant live.

Blue Room said:

Main Set: City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo - Beds are Burning, Elevation, Until The End Of The World, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Beautiful Day – Blackbird, Angel Of Harlem, The First Time, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace Or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where The Streets Have No Name, One - Unchained Melody

Encore(s): The Fly, Mysterious Ways, With or Without You, The Saints Are Coming, Party Girl, Kite, Bad - Ruby Tuesday - 40

I'm pretty sure it was actually the first Melbourne show that was filmed (in part), 18 November '06. At least, I saw the camera crane at that one, and not at the next one on the 19th. :shrug:
Setlist for Melbourne I had I Will Follow, NYD and Stuck in the main set, instead of UTEOTW, ISHFWILF and First Time... and the encore had Desire instead of Party Girl, and no Bad.
Not that it'll make any difference to the film, either way. :)

I hope I can get 3D glasses on over my regular glasses... I don't care if it's not a full show (although I would obviously prefer that), I'll go see it anyway and re-live some good memories. :up:

And I love COBL since seeing those shows... not that I didn't like it before, but I love it now for the same reason I love Arcade Fire's Wake Up. Gut-level associations and adrenaline. :D

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

These are the three that were shot for sure. I'm not sure if the first Mexico City show was or not. Also the Melbourne show was supposedly mainly for crowd shots so I wouldnt expect any full songs from that show.

February 16, 2006 Mexico City

March 2, 2006 Buenos Aires

It's pretty clear from both u2.com and willie's diary that both nights in Buenos Aires were shot in 3D.

Yep, it was the first Melbourne Gig with the cameras...well the extra ones.

I was in GA, and Don't remember seeing any extra's around for the second night.

Good Times :sigh:

OK, thats why I asked. So both Buenos Aires shows, at least one Mexico City show and the 1st Melbourne show. Like I said before, Melbourne really isnt a factor as it was supposedly for crowd shots. So I dont think you are going to see full songs from that show (IE something they did differently at that one over the others shot like Saints or Kite).

My guess is its going to be primarily the 2nd Buenos Aires show with parts of the first one mixed in here and there, sort of like the Chicago DVD.

Back
Top Bottom