U2 3D - 2008 release date?? +

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
for all us melburnians, i sent an email to IMAX melbourne, and they have advised me that they are currently in negotiations with the film distributers. in addition i contacted village cinemas who inform me that they currently have a june schedualed release.

last unicorn said:
Again, this movie is not for U2 die-hard fans, but for the general public. I cannot believe a setlist discussion has started again! I may or may not be happy with certain choices (IF the reported setlist is true), but still I'm totally excited about the whole movie and I hope it will be shown here. Not only because I enjoy seeing the band live - plus in 3D, which will be an amazing experience, but also because I'm glad this is going out to the general public and I hope a lot of people will go to see this movie. Considering that, the setlist choice is totally fine with me. Also, they HAD to cut things out, because they cannot make a 3D movie with more than 2 hours. 3D movies usually are about an hour long, maybe a little longer. Everything else is too expensive and also too much for the audience.

I'm not really complaining about the setlist. I don't mind the hits and I know the general public is the target market (somewhat), but COBL was so amazing live. Why not showcase this song in 3D? The lights, confeti, etc.?

One thing that gots me thinking. Sometimes an Imax cut of a movie will be a bit longer. Extra footage. I wonder if U2:3D Imax will be the same cut as the regular film.

It will still be awesome though :wink:

I agree that COBL should have been included, it was a great opener. But maybe the considered Vertigo to be the better opener for the movie, because it's more of a catchy rock tune.

I know that some european shows opened with Vertigo but all the South American shows and australian shows opened with COBL... This is weird that the film starts with Vertigo then. :scratch:

I was at the Monterrey, Mexico show where they opened with "Vertigo". It was a rocking intro, comparible to "Elevation". I was lukcy enough to see COBL, LPOE, & Veritgo as intros.

COBL was my favorite :ohmy:

oops you are right.. that was the one show i didn't click on when going thru u2tours.com

but I don't see in the description that they filmed that show. Did you notice cameras when you went?

oh great! thanks gorman, good find :)

so I'm guessing they will update the theaters section as more theaters become available? Great, now I don't have to spend all this time looking all over the internet for theaters...

Justin24 said:
It would be nice if you clicked find a theater and it listed the theaters showing the film.

Yeah, wouldn't it? Maybe they're still working on it, hopefully it will be functional soon.

The marketing of this film is atrocious.

Justin, I'll stop by the Metreon in SF today or tomorrow and try to find out whether they'll be showing U23D, since their website doesn't say anything about it.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
oops you are right.. that was the one show i didn't click on when going thru u2tours.com

but I don't see in the description that they filmed that show. Did you notice cameras when you went?

There were no camera's there.

I called Daly City and San Jose, CA Cinemark theaters and they have confirmed showing the film!!!

It works for me, but I really hope there are gonna be more theaters added. Nothing in Philly, Pittsburgh, or the entire state of New Jersey!

Well atu2 is saying San Francisco's Metreon is confirmed but looking on the U23D website it shows nothing. How could they leave the San Francisco Bay Area out?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with a rep. from Cinemark theaters corporate office to inquire about the U23D film and they said they don't have a set release date for it yet, as Hanna Montana is more popular and if they did show it, then the U23D film would have to wait until a February showing at their theaters here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Back
Top Bottom