U2 3D - 2008 release date?? +

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried Google. The place where it'll play in Seattle didn't have it listed as a "coming soon," which was weird. But when I googled "Seattle IMAX U2," I got the link I posted above.

Give it a shot. :)

animeavalanche said:
anybody know anything about florida possibilities yet? i know theres an imax theatre in tampa, west palm, and miami, not sure about anywhere else

Isn't there one in Orlando, at least in Disney World?

Lemon MacPhisto would probably know.

I'm going to still be in Florida when this comes out, so I'm curious myself...

lazarus said:

Isn't there one in Orlando, at least in Disney World?

Lemon MacPhisto would probably know.

I'm going to still be in Florida when this comes out, so I'm curious myself...

There's one Downtown and one out by Disney I believe.

corianderstem said:
I tried Google. The place where it'll play in Seattle didn't have it listed as a "coming soon," which was weird. But when I googled "Seattle IMAX U2," I got the link I posted above.

Give it a shot. :)

Glad you found this! I guess they just put up U23D in the coming soon page on the PSC website, as I've been checking religiously. :)

Opening on Jan. 23 -- I'll SOOOO be there! :yippie:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I found where it is playing in my area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tix go on sale 1/9/08!!!

Samuel C. Johnson IMAX Theater
National Museum of Natural History
10th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20560
| Directions || Schedule |

Now Playing Lions 3D: Roar of the Kalahari
Sea Monsters 3D: A Prehistoric Adventure
The Polar Express 3D
Click here for The Polar Express Schedule
U2 3D Starts 01.23.08! tickets on sale 01.09.08

Thanks for the update! FYI, although you can't purchase tickets through Fandango, they are listing the showtimes as 5:45, 7:30, and 9:15 for that day.

http://www.fandango.com/u2concertindigital3d_113322/movietimes?date=1/23/2008

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Smithsonian may be a bit unprepared for a potentially large crowd of U2 fans, but I hope I'm wrong.

kkaider said:

Thanks for the update! FYI, although you can't purchase tickets through Fandango, they are listing the showtimes as 5:45, 7:30, and 9:15 for that day.

http://www.fandango.com/u2concertindigital3d_113322/movietimes?date=1/23/2008

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Smithsonian may be a bit unprepared for a potentially large crowd of U2 fans, but I hope I'm wrong.

looks to me that you will be able to buy tix online at the theater's website. Here's the link: http://www.si.edu/imax/. We just have to wait (patiently, yeah right..) until 1/9.:|

U2Fanatic4ever said:

btw..

if you live in the md/dc/va area and want to meet up let me know. I have a couple of u2 friends that are gonna go. Feel free to PM me! :D The more the merrier.

I'll probably be up for it! I was hoping it'd play at the Georgetown AMC on their digital screens, but Smithsonian will do. ;)

Anyone else here in central Indiana? OK, I knew it was a long shot.

I was curious if people think that this film would be best seen at an IMAX 3D theater or another 3D theater showing it? The reason why I ask is that the Indiana State Museum IMAX theater has it listed as "coming soon." But the Real D web site doesn't list this theater. Real D is the company Technology for the 3D proejectors. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_D

So, do I go the big screen and possibly not get the full 3D experience or go for 3D on a smaller screen?

The reality is, it doesn't matter because there is another IMAX near me that is listed by Real D, so I'll just go there. Am I reading too much into this?

also, I've never been to an IMAX or 3D film before. What should I expect to pay? Do they use the "glasses"? Will it work over my prescription glasses?

Last edited:
Zooropa man said:
Does anyone have info for an L.A. area release? Where? IMAX 3D? or just simply AMC 3D...?

I haven't a clue on that. When I tried to research it for a friend out there I couldn't find any of the theaters (IMAX) advertising the movie.. I am sure it is playing there but it's just not up yet. If you find out any info post here cuz I know some people who want to know.

I started at www.imax.com and tried to locate theaters that way. Google it to and see what you come up with.. Good luck!

Fuck. I have school that night and my only day off from school would be Friday. And I dont want to miss class so early in the Semester :sad:

LemonMacPhisto said:

There's one Downtown and one out by Disney I believe.

You need to find out where this is playing and when. Keep me posted on your findings. I'm a busy man, so I'll leave the dirty work to you.

Utoo said:

I'll probably be up for it! I was hoping it'd play at the Georgetown AMC on their digital screens, but Smithsonian will do. ;)

Yeah, Georgetown AMC would have been cool considering I work a block away from it. But the ginormous IMAX screen will be awesome!

U2girl said:
http://www.clearspring.com/widgets/47572cded2ffd3c3
Click the U23D icon, hold on for 15 seconds, password "U23D" - scenes with fans.

Cool. Oh, memories of running towards the stage in a stadium.....:sigh:

The video content isn't anything spectacular, but I think it's just cool that there's an easter egg on a friggin' widget.

I'm sure a few of the guys running in front of the camera are saying "Bravo," but it sure sounds like "Pavel".....:eyebrow:

Unless it's playing in San Diego the weekend of Feb 1 when I'll be there, I may be forced to drive 4.5 hours to Colorado Springs to see it. They have it listed as opening on January 25th. :drool: Would that be crazy?? I could see it multiple times. :hmm:

kkaider said:

Yeah, Georgetown AMC would have been cool considering I work a block away from it. But the ginormous IMAX screen will be awesome!

hey if you are interested in meeting up with a few of us. Utoo included, we are going to the IMAX theater in DC opening day. I started a thread on it in "Interference Gatherings" Forum. :D Go there if you want to meet up or just for info.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

hey if you are interested in meeting up with a few of us. Utoo included, we are going to the IMAX theater in DC opening day. I started a thread on it in "Interference Gatherings" Forum. :D Go there if you want to meet up or just for info.

Thanks! I'm trying to organize some people from work (U2 fans, but not fanatics) to come to the 7:30 show. Perhaps we'll see you there?

I'm curious to see what the audience reaction is going to be - will it be like being at a rock concert, or will it be like being at a movie?

Too bad Zoo station didn't make the cut, and only 4 songs overlapping with Milan.

edit :huh: Is it just me or is that actually 14 songs + Human rights declaration ? Hopefully they got it wrong and Zoo station did make the cut...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom