U2 3D - 2008 release date?? +

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It needs to be 3-D capable though...I just found out that my favorite place of all, the one with the biggest IMAX screen, will NOT be carrying this film because it is not 3-D capable or some bullshit

so I'll have to settle for one of the smaller IMAX screens in the burbs

poor me :lol:

I don't know if this has been posted yet but, the premiere will be at the Sundance Film Festival January 17th - 27th.

U2 3D / U.S.A. (Directors: Catherine Owens, Mark Pellington)— A 3-D presentation of U2’s global “Vertigo” tour. Shot at seven different shows, this production employs the greatest number of 3-D cameras ever used for a single project. World Premiere

ok...I'm looking at the site again, right now...how do you view the cities it's playing in and specifically what theaters? thanks

I don't think that info is out yet. I think we're all just guessing.

:crosses fingers:

It better play here in Detroit, cause thus far 4-5 of us are planning on converging and nerding OUT!

:hyper:

Last edited:
got this email from atu2.com

December 13, 2007
Posted by: Tassoula

The technology used in the filming of U2 3D is featured in the
December 2007 edition of HDVideoPro magazine (thx Marc).

As if we weren't excited enough!

See a photo of the cover and learn more about the magazine here:

http://www.hdvideop ro.com/

im in mississauga in toronto. or rather near toronto.
what theatres am i looking for for U2 3D. i want to convert my wife and my in laws to u2

I don't know if the IMAX in my town is getting it or not, I'll be calling soon to find out. But at the AMC across the street today I saw multiple posters...which I was tempted to steal.

Anybody know if it will be playing anywhere in the Vancouver, BC area?

OMG I AM SO TIRED OF THIS FREAKING TOWN!!! I just asked the local theater if they were playing it, and NO!! They are not. But you know what they will be showing? That's right, Hanna Montana in 3D.

I need to GTFO and stat. That is just ridic.

I found where it is playing in my area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tix go on sale 1/9/08!!!

Samuel C. Johnson IMAX Theater
National Museum of Natural History
10th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20560
| Directions || Schedule |

Now Playing Lions 3D: Roar of the Kalahari
Sea Monsters 3D: A Prehistoric Adventure
The Polar Express 3D
Click here for The Polar Express Schedule
U2 3D Starts 01.23.08! tickets on sale 01.09.08

Well I found only one theatre in California with any kind of confirmation that they will be playing U23D - http://www.imax.com/sacramento/

Tickets aren't on sale yet, but it does say 'coming soon' and it will be released Jan. 23rd at that particular location. As for the other CA theatres, all I can see listed is Hanna Montana :waiting: Oh, and find any information on what theatres will be playing it is ridiculously impossible right now :mad:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
still have no idea which IMAX theater here in the Maryland/DC area is going to show this...:mad: I emailed the one in Baltimore and in DC and no response...:madspit:

Tell me what you find out. :sad: I'm curious too.

LemonMelon said:

Tell me what you find out. :sad: I'm curious too.

see my previous post.. above.

it's also playing at the Maryland Science Center IMAX in Baltimore.

I am favoring the dc location cuz the screen is bigger and a slightly newer theater compared to baltimore.

btw..

if you live in the md/dc/va area and want to meet up let me know. I have a couple of u2 friends that are gonna go. Feel free to PM me! :D The more the merrier.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

see my previous post.. above.

it's also playing at the Maryland Science Center IMAX in Baltimore.

I am favoring the dc location cuz the screen is bigger and a slightly newer theater compared to baltimore.

btw..

if you live in the md/dc/va area and want to meet up let me know. I have a couple of u2 friends that are gonna go. Feel free to PM me! :D The more the merrier.

:banghead: Me missing a post covered in bold and exclamation points...that's just sad.

I've never personally been to DC, so I favor it as well. :up: I'll think on it and let you know if I wish to tag along.

I saw a poster up in my hometown theatre...so I assume it's coming there. Unfortunately, the movie comes out the week I move back up to Minneapolis for second semester. I would guess one of the theatres in that area will show it though too.

My theatre had the poster for Across the Universe up for months... and took it down the day before the movies release and didn't play it. :mad:

I still have yet to see the U23D poster here :(

anybody know anything about florida possibilities yet? i know theres an imax theatre in tampa, west palm, and miami, not sure about anywhere else

animeavalanche said:
anybody know anything about florida possibilities yet? i know theres an imax theatre in tampa, west palm, and miami, not sure about anywhere else

the only way to find out which of the imax theaters are playing it is to go to the theater's website and or call them. They usually and especially at this point have the coming soon link somewhere and that would be where to look. Also, sites like movies.com, fandango.com will also have that option to choose a future date for that theater and then check that listing.

Back
Top Bottom