U2 360° At The Rose Bowl DVD & Blu-Ray - [Possible New Songs] - All Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Boy

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-U
Please continue.

This from ATU2:

The UK music shop EIL has added U2's upcoming U2 360 at the Rose Bowl DVD to its web site, and assuming the listing is correct, it reveals all kinds of information about the release.

Release date: June 7. This would be the UK/European date, we presume, with North American to follow on June 8.
Full tracklist for the 2-DVD set. Notably absent from the concert DVD is "Breathe," which was the first song U2 played back on October 25. The rest of the tracklist matches what U2 played live, although we don't know what snippets (if any) might have been edited out.
Bonus DVD tracklist. Includes what look like a few documentary-style videos, all of the music videos from No Line on the Horizon, and "making of" videos about "Get On Your Boots" and "Magnificent."
Cover image. As shown at right.
Meanwhile, via a thread on U2start.com comes news that the DVD is listed in four formats on Amazon UK with the same cover image and release date as what EIL lists. We're as curious as you to know what's on the £113.99 "Super Deluxe Box Set" version. (Thx to @santiago2u)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...-keywords=U2+360%B0+At+The+Rose+Bowl&x=6&y=20

rosebowldvd.jpg

RUMOR:

via U2eastlink.com forums:

The U2 360 Rose Bowl DVD will include a code that lets DVD owners download new songs from U2.com.
The new songs will be in "various formats" -- i.e., audio and video.
U2 will do some kind of live promo to promote the new songs.
All of this will be announced on Monday.
When asked by another fan what the source of this rumor is, the original poster says "Universal Spain." We should note that U2tour.de also reported over this weekend that the DVD will be announced on Monday, and that it will be called U2 360 at the Rose Bowl. (thx to @msthefly)

[edited to add info] - Sicy

Last edited by a moderator:
Why U2.com can never has an exclusive ? Why we always have to wait for the U2.com announcements when we always know everything a long time before ? The worst webpage ever...

well, there is that juicy rumor that new songs will be included in the "Super Deluxe" package. would you rather us discuss it in that thread or keep it in the new album forum?

Ah ok. I didnt know about that because I cant be bothered to read through pages and pages of everyone's off topic banter. :wink: Perhaps the title can reference possible new songs on the DVD, then this thread can stay here. Otherwise it kind of looks like a duplicate thread of the rose bowl dvd thread. Some info in the first post of this thread would also help for people that have not been following the threads.

I can't see them omitting the opening song. If there was a censorship issue couldn't they just overdub Bono?:doh:

I'm sure there will be a bare-bones DVD of just the concert itself. At least I hope.

$100+ for the DVD :hmm: I always thought I'd be selling one of my kidneys for U2 tickets...now it's looking more like it'll be for a DVD

Why is there no Breathe on the DVD? This makes no sense what so ever!! Breathe is my favoritie song on NLOTH and I really love this song live too! I'm glad the news has finally broke but I'm still pissed about leaving Breathe off! :censored::rant::mad::banghead:

I can't see them omitting the opening song. If there was a censorship issue couldn't they just overdub Bono?:doh:

I'm sure there will be a bare-bones DVD of just the concert itself. At least I hope.

It wouldn't even make sense to be a censorship issue because he didn't even actually say 10 inch cock :huh: I just can't see any way in the world it would have to do with that.
Where did the tracklisting info even come from anyway? Does someone have a photo of it?

The price for the DVD does not make sense unless there is some new material involved...

Where did the tracklisting info even come from anyway? Does someone have a photo of it?

EIL.com currently lists the follwing content for disc 1: U2 U2 360� At The Rose Bowl UK DIGITAL VERSATILE DISC (503770)
DVD1:
1. Get On Your Boots
2. Magnificent
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Beautiful Day
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
6. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
7. No Line On The Horizon
8. Elevation
9. In A Little While
10. Unknown Caller
11. Until the End of the World
12. The Unforgettable Fire
13. City of Blinding Lights
14. Vertigo
15. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
16. Sunday Bloody Sunday
17. MLK
18. Walk On
19. One
20. Where The Streets Have No Name
21. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
22. With Or Without You
23. Moment Of Surrender

I'd like to think this is all a huge mistake on EIL.com's part, but then again, would it be possible that they left it out due to the echo on Larry's drums (I kind of liked it, since it added some depth to the sound but at the same time it made things difficult to distinguish...), or is this something that could be fixed at a later stage when doing the other editing bits?

I still think its a mistake.

For them to edit the intro to "Boots" would take alot from the intro. As weird/different as it was for U2 to come out to Breathe you had Larry walking out 1st, then Edge & Adam, then finally Bono. Your talking about cutting quite a bit from the opening experience.

Maybe they couldn't get the Bowie "Major Tom" rights to get the full effect??

I'd like to think this is all a huge mistake on EIL.com's part, but then again, would it be possible that they left it out due to the echo on Larry's drums (I kind of liked it, since it added some depth to the sound but at the same time it made things difficult to distinguish...), or is this something that could be fixed at a later stage when doing the other editing bits?

The echo will be fixed that was a live broadcast issue.

This is either a mistake on EIL's part or a huge mistake on U2's part.

I still think its a mistake.

For them to edit the intro to "Boots" would take alot from the intro. As weird/different as it was for U2 to come out to Breathe you had Larry walking out 1st, then Edge & Adam, then finally Bono. Your talking about cutting quite a bit from the opening experience.

Maybe they couldn't get the Bowie "Major Tom" rights to get the full effect??

Bowie doesn't even matter since they entered to Kingdom of Your Love.

I agree though, it would be tragic to not have Breathe on this DVD. I still can't believe they would do it.

I hope they keep the Bowie thing. They kept the Arcade Fire in the Vertigo DVD. Also, Paris DVD got the first song ditched as well

SMB

If "Major Tom" isn't on the DVD I guess everyone could:

-Play "Major Tom" at 9:07 PM, (Be sure to let some steam off near your TV, ie top of claw)
-Take out your Bowie CD
-Put in your U2 DVD (Hurry up!!)
-Then go into "Kingdom"

No Breathe?

Seriously i hope this is a mistake from EIL. If not then what on earth is U2 thinking, they clearly lost the plot.

If they want to make changes to the opener then do it either when they resume the tour or simply don't bring out a dvd of the rose bowl show which opened with Breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom