U2 360° At The Rose Bowl DVD & Blu-Ray - [Possible New Songs] - All Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh interference!

Someon speculated that maybe kingdom wouldnt work into GOYB and now it is a confirmed rumour that it isnt on the DVD! LOL

Kingdom will be on the DVD. Wake Up wasn't listed on the Vertigo DVD, nor was Elevation (influx mic) listed on the boston DVD.

People love freaking out here, and they love turning baseless speculation into fact

People serisouly not buying this? The official document of their most innovative tour in 13 years (and argueably ever?)

That is rediculous.

I'm awfully tempted not to Sic. Why would they not put breathe on there?!

Bla, bla, bla... In June nobody will care about Breathe, and everyone is going to buy it, like always...

Ahhh, the video in U2.com is terrific.

I couldn't care less about whether or not Breathe is on there. I just know that it will probably sit on my shelf, unopened. I don't have a fancy tv or blu-ray and I already watched it on youtube so yeah. I'm not a 'collector' I guess.

I'll probably buy the most expensive version, but I will wait a few months and get it for $10 on Amazon.

ad my opinion: cutting Breathe is unacceptable.

I couldn't care less about whether or not Breathe is on there. I just know that it will probably sit on my shelf, unopened. I don't have a fancy tv or blu-ray and I already watched it on youtube so yeah. I'm not a 'collector' I guess.

What you watched in youtube was a bad edition version of a U2 concert, you can't compare that with an edited and good sounding dvd or blu ray, c'mon, you know that is not the same thing.

All hese people complaining about breathe... Did any of you watch the web cast? The audio was unlistenable and it looked like the live sound had interfered with the soundboard feed, so it wouldn't have been savable

All hese people complaining about breathe... Did any of you watch the web cast? The audio was unlistenable and it looked like the live sound had interfered with the soundboard feed, so it wouldn't have been savable

The entire show seemed like that to some of us, so I'm really not sure how they could "salvage" the entire show other than that one song.

Whatever, I still haven't even watched the all of the Vertigo DVD, or any of the Slane DVD. I'm done buying concert dvds. I watch it once at most, and never again. The Youtube stream was less than amazing, so I'll probably pass on this unless there's an amazing deal on the Blu-Ray.

Dude, the audio was crap ON YOUTUBE. Remember that they can mix in and out whatever the hell they want and each mic is the recorded on its own.

The only reason it was fucked on youtube was because for the first song they had the audience mics (which are further back in the stadium) turned up way too loud, so we caught the delay. This will NOT be on the "bonus" version of breathe, i asure you.

Dude, the audio was crap ON YOUTUBE. Remember that they can mix in and out whatever the hell they want and each mic is the recorded on its own.

The only reason it was fucked on youtube was because for the first song they had the audience mics (which are further back in the stadium) turned up way too loud, so we caught the delay. This will NOT be on the "bonus" version of breathe, i asure you.

The Breathe in question:

YouTube - U2 - Breathe - live Rose Bowl, October 25, 2009

Actually a very solid performance, imo..the sound issues seemed to be soley with youtube....I'm disappointed they cut it.

What was recorded was entirely different from what went out over teh interwebz. Besides, they obviously managed to salvage the audio enough to put it on as a special feature.

I'm sorry, but leaving Breathe off is moronic.

People serisouly not buying this? The official document of their most innovative tour in 13 years (and argueably ever?)

That is rediculous.

I don't like the setlist and I won't watch it. Since I'm not a collector, I'll spend my money on things I'll actually get mileage out of instead.

So in my case, buying it would be ridiculous.

This seems appropriate:

onozomg.gif

Sicy, first you become a collector, then you become a hoarder. best not buy the DVD. it's all downhill from there.

Haha. Well I've got plenty of U2 stuff. Posters, DVDs, CDs, books etc. But honestly most of it has dust on it. :reject: Like u2popmofo, I usually watch it once and then that's it. I'll most likely wait to hear what everyone thinks of it when they receive it. If its teH beSt thiNg evaR1!11! then I will probably buy it.

I don't really get all the outrage over Breathe. It probably won't even be the opener in the 2010 leg, and I'm sure the video will be edited to make it appear that Boots was the opener anyway.

Just think... in 20 years when they come out with Trivial Pursuit - U2 Edition, we'll all look like U2 geniuses because we'll know what song they REALLY opened with.

I will wait for the deluxe announcement to decide whether to buy it or not.

Almost everything else offered is already available.

Aside from the size of the crowd, there was literally nothing special about this show.

I still give it a couple more weeks before I will discount the possibility of new songs either with the DVD or before the tour.

Interesting suggestion that perhaps this means they won't open with Breathe on these next legs.

That doesn't seem like the craziest theory. :hmm:

Anyone else not going to buy this at all? :reject:

Judging by the clip on U2.com, it's going to be pretty badass. Plus, I have to go through it frame by frame and look for myself :wink:

But c'mon.. no Breathe? Bono, wtf.

As I'm going to attempt to avoid spoilers until the Seattle show, guess I'll find out on June 20th. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom