U2 360° At The Rose Bowl DVD & Blu-Ray - [Possible New Songs] - All Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think its funny how many people say that BREATHE is "not a great tour opener" etc. but yet they are talking about leaving it off and suddenly everybody is like "WTF!!" :lol:

I know I'm pages late on this, but just because I didn't love it as an opener doesn't mean I didn't still love the song and was thrilled to hear it in concert. :shrug:

Can we maybe just post a link to pics that big? Horizontal scroll is the devil.

Sorry Sicy, I only posted the first one of the cover because it wasn't very wide and didn't really require the sideways scroll. :wave: thanks

New tracks? They'll be exclusive for like 15 seconds. I'll bet the MP3s will have DRM too. Principal Management are some suave motherfuckers.

Good cover, terrible move cutting Breathe. Does that even out? Not at all. I don't care if that performance was recorded on 100 year old film and dropped in a vat of hydrochloric acid; it's a historical document to those that attended.

New tracks? They'll be exclusive for like 15 seconds. I'll bet the MP3s will have DRM too. Principal Management are some suave motherfuckers.

Good cover, terrible move cutting Breathe. Does that even out? Not at all. I don't care if that performance was recorded on 100 year old film and dropped in a vat of hydrochloric acid; it's a historical document to those that attended.

hyrdofluoric acid and we may be onto something :hmm:

But you are right, from the webcast (which is hopefully not the final quality) I can't see any distinct TERRIBLE flaw that couldn't be edited with the sound genies they employ... Something seems dodgy, and I'm joining with those who hope this is a simple mistake (cut and copy perhaps not selecting the full thing lol)

I'd forgotten about the crummy sound for Breathe - that would be about the only reason I would find (grudingly) accept.

I guess I could understand not wanting to throw in another performance from a different show, where it's completely obvious it's not the Rose Bowl.

Still not happy about it. Boo!

if the whole cutting Breathe thing was just a typo, i can't wait to bring this up months from now as just another moment where Interference collectively overreacted.

ps. i'm pissed that U2 is bringing in Will.I.Am. i can't believe they're making a rap album.

I consider outrage at a really good song being eliminated from a concert DVD to be a very appropriate reaction, thankyouverymuch. :wink:

^haha, yep.I would love Breathe to be on there (and surely it has to be for continuity???) But if it isn't, I can't say it will kill me, because I need the sound to be good. ZooTV Sydney sound shits me

As much as I was "meh" about Breathe as an opener, it was still THE OPENER, and the opening of a concert is always such an amazing moment for me personally. I'd be disappointed to see it change for the official release.

Although ... not like I don't have a handful of darned good bootleg DVDs to watch for my "opener" fix. :shifty:

It's impossible to put DRM on MP3s.

WMA, my bad. I'm not going to give U2.com enough credit to assume that they would offer something relatively snazzy like AAC files.

Regardless, I can't imagine even they would be dumb enough to expect these exclusive tracks to be a selling point past sale #1, not without some pathetic attempt at covering their tracks that ultimately angers the fanbase. Natural law doesn't change so quickly.

I hear they are going to pipe the new album into our heads a-la batman forever through the blender we sit on top of the cd player

:hmm: I would pay for the super ridiculous whatever version if it did end up including new songs...but otherwise, no freaking way :crack:

I was bewildered as to why they would cut the song they opened every show but one with, but I didn't realize there were quality issues with the recording (I'll assume that if it's not included, that is the reason :shifty:). Sucks though.

:hmm: I would pay for the super ridiculous whatever version if it did end up including new songs...but otherwise, no freaking way :crack:

I was bewildered as to why they would cut the song they opened every show but one with, but I didn't realize there were quality issues with the recording (I'll assume that if it's not included, that is the reason :shifty:). Sucks though.

The sound issues were pretty awful. Massive delay so that the drum solo intro sounded incomprehensible. It was fixed about 3/4 of the way through breathe. (to the point where the echo was at a managable level, and probably able to be edited out). Kingdom and major tom were bad too, but they can easily just add studio versions to the dvd

was that mix any good.

No. No it was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom