U2 1979-1999 Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Appreciation of everything U2 from the U23 single all the way up through the Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack(I know that was released in 2000 but those songs were likely recorded in 99) - everything pre-2000.

:drool:

I became a fan because of Beautiful Day but my first album was Zooropa:wink:

no more , no less
ditto , zoomerang96
from boy to MDH
alternative rock'n'roll
MDH , is the last great record , recorded with U2

u2 at thier best

:wink:

This brings up the question of what U2's legacy would have been had POP been their last album--Wake up Dead Man as the last song heard from them--I wonder what people would think of them 8 years into their retirement?

KhanadaRhodes said:
someone mentioned once a while back U2 have now been replaced by robots by universal, which explains the last two albums and all that. :laugh:

Wha?!! :eek:

*And I thought Adam sounds great on the new album because he's worked to improve his bass playing. Hmm, which would explain his wandering the ellipse catwalk, and Larry out at the very front of the ellipse, and...singing*

It all makes sense now!

;)

Lemonfix said:
This brings up the question of what U2's legacy would have been had POP been their last album--Wake up Dead Man as the last song heard from them--I wonder what people would think of them 8 years into their retirement?

U2 can't do much more to add to their legacy one way or another.
About the only thing you could hope for was a true masterpiece of an album.

KhanadaRhodes said:
someone mentioned once a while back U2 have now been replaced by robots by universal, which explains the last two albums and all that. :laugh:

there's a lot of people saying that these days.

i'd agree, for the most part.

KhanadaRhodes said:

I always told my friend that The Edge was a robot, but he didn't believe me...

Street Mission feels left out. Yes, the song has feelings. And you hurt them.

Unless I'm dumb and Street Mission was released in 1979. In which case...uh...U2 rocks!! :rockon:

Earnie Shavers said:
The Christmas card I'm sending Bono this year reads;

"Size doesn't matter, it's how you use it."

1979-1999 all the way.

:up:

You're really sending him a card? :wink:

Earnie Shavers said:
The Christmas card I'm sending Bono this year reads;

"Size doesn't matter, it's how you use it."

1979-1999 all the way.

may i sign it as well?

The front cover of the card is one of those self portraits you keep sending me of you naked save for some peanut butter in the right places. I thought it illustrated my point about a lack of size and creativity quite well.

Back
Top Bottom