U2:18 Worth getting for dvd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stryker395

The Fly
I've been holding out on buying it, but the 10 song Milan dvd is really calling to me. What are some opinions? The dvd is the only reason I would be buying it. I'm trying to weigh if I'll end up watching the dvd enough to warrant a purchase.

the DVD isn't as great as I had hoped for...

It's not bad, if you wanna see Vertigo in a stadium setting.

it is pretty funny that people who will spend hours and hours torrenting what turns out to be just a semi-watchable fan-shot dvd will have reservations about buying an official release. (not a comment directed at anyone in particulr).

the concert has a few miscues, but every u2 concert does. i think it is worth buying, no question.

C'mon people who say don't buy it ........

Great I Will follow , Miss Sarajevo with doing Opera , OoTS with Edge on Guitar , Good WOWY

And these people still want to be called "Fans"
:huh: :tsk:

Wait another month and buy it from Half.com. (I was able to get the Saints CD for $2.98 there, versus $10.99 on Amazon. They also had U2 by U2 a month before it was published.)

It's worth owning if you want it for your collection, but don't pay full price.

8/10 songs are streaming officially on amazon.com and AOL. The other 2 songs are on youtube.

If you watch those more than once, then buy the DVD. It looks great if you have a pimped out TV and home theater sound system.

U2FanPeter said:
8/10 songs are streaming officially on amazon.com and AOL. The other 2 songs are on youtube.

If you watch those more than once, then buy the DVD. It looks great if you have a pimped out TV and home theater sound system.

I went into Best Buy, they had a computer hooked to a LCD TV, with a pretty nice sound system. I searched for the "I Will Follow" video from Milan and cranked it, it sounded incredible with the audience shouting "Go go go"

Its got a Much Much Much different feel than Chicago!! It feels more fresh!! Its Good but man I wish it was the full show!!

Go get it cos then you'll see me in the background!!!!
(Technically speaking that is, Im all they way at the back but I can see the stand I was in so that counts;)

Good DVD, shame about the length, it feels very short.

I can't see it being re-released again; it might show up as a U2.com fan-club exclusive. I hope not but it wouldn't surprise me if it did...

I would say go for it, the book/case U218 and the DVD come in is pretty nice as well, lots of pictures and chart positions of each song, not sure how accurate they are but I like them...

I watched it many times now - and I must say I enjoyed Chicago more (and I was on the european leg). Better colours, better filming in chicago - but it all could have been mutch better if Hamish wasn't involved - I hate him. :mad:

it's definitely worth it.
i loved it.
if you're worried about the price, i think circuit city has it for the cheapest i've seen at $18.99
or you could try hte "used and new" feature at amazon, or ebay =)

Seems like Chicago vs. Milan is like Boston vs. Slane.

Really, it depends on what kind of vibe you're after.

I like both; and there's things to dislike about both.

Milan should have been a full concert.

Anyone meditate on the dance during "All I Want is You"? Definitely unique in its own way.

Back
Top Bottom