U kno whadbe cool?: Internet Request Poll for next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Wouldn't it be cool if U2 set up an Internet poll to take requests from fans, for each venue they'd play in?

Say... Madison Square on July 22 or Staples on August 31,... each date and venue has its own polling webpage with a complete selection of their works... After polling, U2 and company could decide what they'd like to do with the polling results at each venue... then surprise their fan audience with different (bsides or non-singles) songs at the particular venue... as a result, variable setlist "customized for audiences"...

of course, there'd be an issue of being prepared for certain songs U2 might not have polished... but I'm sure the band could work around that and not disappoint their hardcore fans.

:hmm:

no, because i'd be the pissed off asshole complaining after the show because i was the only one to vote for Hawkmoon 269.

I think they just should quit touring
record every song they've ever done in a live setting
and release them all on single
that way all of us can assemble the one U2 live show we really want --> voil?

i think the stones did this once... it was kinda hokey and cheesey :shrug: they put up like a 10 song selection to vote for, and they played whichever one of the 10 got the most votes.

as much as i'd like to see u2 do a show similar to how springsteen and pearl jam do it... where you could hear literaly any song out of their entire catologue on any given night... but i've accepted that that's just not gonna happen. u2's set lists are fairly predictable... they did shuffle them a little on elevation... but they make up for it with their showmanship and the stage effects etc. even though i knew streets was gonna be in the show, there was still nothing cooler than the opening sequence, the lights, the unbelievable volume of the crowd... so they make up for their predictable set lists with the amazing shows they put on. :shrug: i dunno... that's just me, i could be wrong

I'd rather see them set up a system so that the biggest fans, rather than the richest ticket buyers and scalpers, get the front row seats. I've been thinking about this since the TicketMonster debacle. Maybe some sort of online trivia quiz; the more right answers, the closer to the front you can get.

Sue DeNym said:
I'd rather see them set up a system so that the biggest fans, rather than the richest ticket buyers and scalpers, get the front row seats. I've been thinking about this since the TicketMonster debacle. Maybe some sort of online trivia quiz; the more right answers, the closer to the front you can get.

i thought thats what they tried to do with the 45 dollar GA tix, and pre sales on U2.com, and tickets through propaganda...

Back
Top Bottom