Two years ago today- ATYCLB released!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I can't believe it's been 2 years! I was at the store buying my copy, how about you?

:eek: Two years. I can't believe it. Probably 2 years ago around this time I was thinking about how much I loved the BD video, heh. I didn't really know anything about U2 then, except my mom really liked them, and they had a new album coming out. I loooved the Beautiful Day video from the beginning -- it's my favourite U2 video. :) I got ATYCLB for my mom for Christmas.

I lost it before I ever listened to it, and only found it in late May 2001 :silent:

That is weird, it seems like yesterday.
I bought my copy in the morning first thing, then dashed off to work where I had my Walkman turned up full blast playing it while I made sandwhiches...luckliy I had made it perfectly clear to my bosses that this was a big deal and they didn't get mad at me for dancing around the back room.

:p

Good shock - two greaT " Beautiful Day " Singles with awesome b-sides

Bad shock - i came to HMV , at 10 am , to buy , special most expensive release , with UK bonus track , terribly disappointed with music material ,

Good Shock - Awesome Boston U2 dates , i bought all tix , i wanted to , and some tunes from ATYCLB started to grow on me .
I still think it's U2 least favourite work for me , but it's a good work after all .

Good shock - Boston gigs , night number 3 ,2 , 1 & 4 always will be special to me .

yepperooski. since i was still in high school at the time (eek!) i bought my copy at the record store after school. right around this time, too, as high school just got out a couple minutes ago.

OMG, I can't believe that two years ago, I was there at Virgin in NYC looking at the cd for like 10 minutes and NOT buying it! :banghead:

Well, I was a casual fan then. :tsk: Better late than never.

I remember that day, midnight release party at Mediaplay. I also ate at Krispy Cream Doughnuts for the first time ever that day.

Only two things wrong about this album (*my grand debut in U2 complains club*)

1. Brian Eno killed Stuck by overhyping it.
2. U2 went too far explaining what the songs were about. U2 songs only work when they are mysterious and leave people guessing.

Overall excellent album.

ishkash said:

:yes:

Stuck was the song that I most wanted to hear cuz of everything Eno said about it, and when I heard it I was pretty disappointed. Actually, on the first listening of the album I was somewhat disappointed overall - the only song that I really liked immediately was In A Little While. (The album has since grown on me ;) )

The only thing about ATYCLB I'm unhappy with is its name, which is too bloody long IMO. Not only does it not fit on the T-shirt, but imagine having to refer to it constantly in the conversation; you could sprain your tongue, :)

2 years later, over 11 million copies have been sold around the world.

Wow, over 2 years already. Well, I pretty much heard the whole album way before it came out. My friend downloaded all the tracks and burned them on a disc for me. Then, I finally bought the album a few days before it's official release at my favorite local Mom and Pop store. I remember hearing Walk On and my head was bopping along. I love that song.

I also remember several months before ATYCLB's release. Every U2 fan/expert was projecting it's release sometime in 2001. Well, obviously, they were wrong. I was right though. I was saying Oct/Nov.

I just got the new Best Of. I'm pissed that Elevation, Walk On and Please weren't included, but the compilation is awesome anyway. Love the new Gone and Disco.

ishkash said:
Only two things wrong about this album (*my grand debut in U2 complains club*)

2. U2 went too far explaining what the songs were about. U2 songs only work when they are mysterious and leave people guessing.

Overall excellent album.

Agree. :up:

ATYCLB is an outstanding album IMO, far better than others released at that time. I?m very attached to it, even though it?s not my fave. Some great songs.

:)

Back
Top Bottom