Two versions of ZooTV Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flameandthefire

The Fly
Hi, I just bough the new ZooTV Sydney DVD yesterday and watched it right away. I had never seen this complete video before - all I had seen was the Zoomerang ZooTV Sydney "special" (still have it on VHS tape) that was aired at least in Finnish TV in the spring, 1994. It's basically exactly the same show, but has fewer songs.

I must have watched that tape at least 100 times during these years. What I notice now - this ZooTV Sydney DVD is shot from different angles than the television special! Not all the time - but every now and then they have used different cameras.

Anyway - I thought some collectors might find this interesting.

so was the VHS edition. You've had this on tape for 12 years but never bought the VHS release? :huh:

U2Man said:
so was the VHS edition. You've had this on tape for 12 years but never bought the VHS release? :huh:

Really? That's interesting! Yes, indeed I never got to buy the complete VHS edition. It was not so easily obtainable here in Finland.

There are a couple versions; also a Japanese broadcast and the Pay per view one here in the US. It seems they all have/had some different angles mixed in - makes sense really, as I'm sure they had a lot of cams running. Nice thing about the PPV versions is they're complete (including TTTYAATW).

Back
Top Bottom