Two Separate Bands? Nah. My Theory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
I'm in pretty much the same situation/opinion as you though a few years younger.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 04-05-2002).]

Let me explain it to you from a different perspective. I am one of those who love some eras and despise another. We all have our own feelings about things, and our lives, times and experiences develop them. There is nothing wrong with the way anyone feels, and no one is right or wrong. It's just what it means to us. This is my story:

I am a LONGtime U2 fan. I am 40, the age of the band, 28 days younger than Larry. I was actually due on the same day as him, but I was late! I saw them on the Tom Snyder show on their first US TV appearance. I remember thinking how cute they were, and how they didn't sound very Irish. I found Boy in a record shop on my first date with my eventual husband. We rode across the bay-bridge tunnel on a cloudy, windy, grey October day listening to October. War was awesome! SBS and NYD rocked so hard, and my teenage brother could sing Seconds word for word, (and still can at 33) Those songs all meant something to me. I knew what SBS was about, and it was powerful, but still I couldn't help thinking of some of its lyrics when all my teams lost on the same Sunday during football season. When I saw Red Rocks, I saw them in a different way- not only were they good, talented and cute, the singer was HOT! I loved watching it, and it was shown a lot in its day.

I got married in '84, just after The Unforgettable Fire came out. It was the first thing my husband bought me after we were married. I loved and still love all its songs, they are so artistic and incredible to listen to, and gave me a special feeling. Bono's voice was at its best, he was in his prime, and so was I. I admit to having fantasies about him, and no man has ever made me feel the way he did. Live Aid ruled! I remember how great it was, and how HOT Bono was in that outfit, his tight pants and the way he bent in them, those boots and the way he strutted in them, that white shirt and the little thingy around his neck, and that jacket! Oh, and his hair- his lovely, touchable long hair, I cannot stand to hear it called 'mullet.' That was MY Bono, the one I fell for, the one dear to my heart, the one who was special to me. No one can ever replace him.

Of course when the Joshua Tree came out, (a few nonths after my son was born) I was on it right away. The world was just discovering what I had known for years- this band was unique, excellent and destined for greatness. Now they had proven it. I couldn't imagine Bono getting any sexier, but he had! I relished all the attention they got, becoming the greatest and most popular band in the world, rock's hottest ticket and a household word! Those songs were and still are enchanting. Bono's voice on RHMT and others is just magic. I had a personal story too. My Grandmother passed away in the summer of '86 when I was pregnant with my first baby. At her funeral, I remember standing in the rain, a summer chill at the cemetary, crying and thinking how sad it was she had to go just before my kid was born. I looked up and saw this hill, perfectly round, with only one tree on it. So naturally when I heard One Tree Hill, it reminded me of her funeral. When I read the lyrics sheet of the album, I was shocked at the irony and got the chills- the song was written for their friend Greg Carroll's funeral, which was eerily the same day, month and year as my Grandmother's. So for that, and many many other reasons since the beginning of their career, I felt they were MY band, and I had an attachment to them. I had come along with them the whole way, they were my age, I felt their feelings, cared for their causes, beliefs, lived with their words and music, and the bond was strong.

It actually got to the point where I took them for granted. But oh, what great days those were, the late 80's, when the dominated MTV! My daughter was born in 1989, a few months after Bono's first daughter. My kids were little, but they would sit there and watch the videos like they were interested. This was MY band. I could feel them.

Then they went away for awhile. I was raising two little ones, there was no internet, and I didn't see them for awhile. When I saw them again, they had changed. Bono had cut off his pretty long hair, but it was still good enough, and dyed black. I liked it black, and his black outfit was hot. I didn't like the shades over his lovely eyes though, and I was surprised at the way he acted sometimes, and I was worried he was changing. But AB was good, and the more I listened to it the more I liked it. They were not exactly the same, but they were good, and Bono was still hot. It was all cool. I could get into this.

Then one day my husband, who rarely talks, especially seriously, yelled for me and said 'what the hell is that?' It was the Lemon video. It was freaky and odd. My husband was totally stunned and couldn't believe it was U2. He said surely it was a joke, they were thinking they were so big and famous now they could do anything and the fans would buy it. I began to worry about the direction the band was heading. I felt them slipping away. Then I saw the Stay video, Bono was so beautiful and sensitive and the song was good. I thought it would be okay. I was wrong.

My U2 love and devotion continued. In 1994, my brother and son and I drove all the way across the country, and we played JT driving past real joshua trees, and of course we had to get out and pose by some!

Then, it happened. It was in early 1997, just after I had bailed my husband out of jail for drunken driving. It was a bad time in my life for many other reasons I will not mention here, because they hurt too much. U2 came on TV. They looked wacky and weird. Bono looked terrible. They were making an announcement at Kmart. I didn't like the way they looked or acted. There was a TV special. I watched a few minutes, and hated what I saw and heard. I turned it off and cried. What had happened to this band I loved? Why did they do this and what were they trying to prove and to who? I was devastated. When I heard the CD and saw scenes from the tour, my fears were realized. I had lost MY band. They were someone else's band now, I could not accept them like that. It wasn't just that they 'evolved' but that to me they had become something different, something I didn't have good feelings about and didn't want to be close to.

There had been reasons I had loved U2, and with POP they had taken a hacksaw and destroyed all of them, from their look, sound, reputation, image, personality, even Bono's hair was gone. Not only did he no longer look good to me because of that and the lame outfits, I considered that the final straw, a symbol MY Bono was gone, the last of him had slipped away, he was now something different, something I hated. I hated U2. I hated POP, POPMART, the POP look, and the entire package. I hated them for stabbing me in the back, betraying me, and selling out and becoming something they really weren't. Now I know some of you say this is crazy, but when you are extremely emotionally attached to someone, it hurts. The more you love, the harder you fall. It was like breaking up with someone you love after a long term relationship and being heartbroken. That's exactly how it felt. I had broken up with U2 and fallen out with them. It hurt so badly, I could not even bear to listen to their old stuff anymore. It was just too sad. Now, don't be mad at me for this. Haven't you ever felt like this about someone in your life? Don't people 'change' and you no longer want to be around them? Don't you break up with them? I don't know anyone who hasn't felt this way about a significant other or a family member at some time. That's how it feels when you were attached to someone and they destroy your faith in them, and the love. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Fast forward to summer 2000. I was in Texas with my kids, visiting a family of friends we had met online. We were discussing U2 and one of them asked me if I liked U2. My direct quote was, 'I used to love them very much and they were my favorite band, but not anymore. They turned into something else and I didn't like it. They freaked out and suck now. No thank you.' I honestly felt that way. That was August.

In September, I was sitting in a Kmart parking lot, ready to go inside, when I heard the Dj on my car radio say a new song from U2 was coming up. I almost ignored it, but something drew me in and I stayed in the car to listen. It was Beautiful Day. It was the best song I had ever heard. The music and tune were just what I loved and the words could have been written for me that year. My heart jumped with excitement. The old feelings came back to me, could it be? Was MY band 'back?' How ironic. My U2 story- lost and found in a Kmart parking lot!!!

The more I heard from ATYCLB, the more I loved it. Walk On, and more. I bought it and loved it. I saw the video, and I thought, they look nice, but I do wish Bono would grow his hair out a little more. When I saw them on the My VH-1 awards, I nearly blasted off throught the roof with joy! Bono had just the hairdo I had wished for! I was so happy! I LOVED the band's look and sound, and I was ecstatic. I couldn't believe it. If I had made a list of everything U2 could do to win me back, it happened. ATYCLB and the Elevation tour was like my wish list come true. I was in Heaven!

I went to several Elevation shows, and had a very special moment at one of them with Bono. He read my sign and told me to hold it up. He stared right at me and smiled, and I was frozen in his glorious gaze. He kept motioning 'up' and I swear it was months later before I realized he wanted me to hand him the sign. I saw him do that same thing to people at other shows, and he took their sign and pulled them up. I was too overcome to catch on. That would have made my miserable life worthwhile. But I did have my time with him, I did make contact with him. I made a sign expressing my longtime love for him, and I think he felt it, I hope he did, and it was a special moment for me. Oh, and it also was the day that would have been my Grandmother's 100th birthday. I could feel her presence, and the energy and power of my connection to U2, and as Bono says, I could feel the power of God being in the house. The next show, he grabbed my son's hand when he jumped into the crowd during UTEOTW. He jumped right on top of us! I touched him several times! So I had my waves of regret, and waves of joy. I will always remember my shows as some of the best times of my life. ATYCLB and Elevation came as special gifts to me, and could not have been any better if they were made just for me.

Sometimes, looking back at the memories of the old days, it's hard to believe they are the same band, and sometimes it isn't. What I felt for them left me, then came back stronger than ever. It's different, but the same. When I look into the eyes of young Bono, I think, he's dead and gone, he doesn't exist anymore. Then I see my 'old' Bono, and I look into his eyes, and I see he IS still with me. We are older now, a lot has happened, and a lot of water has gone under a lot of bridges. But we are here. Another thing, I am not afraid to get 'old' any more. I stopped feeling bad about my age. Summer Rain helped with that too. 40 was easier on me because I knew when I go there, I go there with U2!

So wertsie, I hope you can understand now how someone can love U2 very much and still despise one era. It's like you can love a person and still get mad at them and not speak to them for awhile, but you take them back and love them more than ever, because you thought you'd lost them. Those are my feelings, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 04-05-2002).]

I've been thinking about this a lot lately for some reason. But I know lots of U2 fans that either like the "old U2" or the "new U2." I've heard them talked about like they're two completely different bands, and, to be honest, I never really understood that. How could you love one "era" and despise the other?

But then I was thinking about my history as a fan. I was too young to appreciate JT when it first came out, even though my mom had the record and I remember enjoying the music. With AB I was a little older and appreciated it a little MORE. When Pop came out, I was 15 and went to my first two U2 shows. That was it. I was hooked.

See, the thing is, I grew up with U2 always evolving. I came to expect and appreciate that evolution. There are so many bands out there where maybe one or two of their albums are good, but then it seems like they keep trying to do the same stuff over and over again, and it grows stale quickly. Can't think of any right off the top of my head, but you get the picture, right?

Not trying to cause any arguments or anything here. Just thought I'd share...

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

GypsyHeartgirl,
It's amazing how very much alike both of our reactions to POP were. But I have to admit I gave up on them during Zooropa, a CD I now like.

Thanks for your thoughts. I guess I can understand it on some level. I mean, you're the same age as the band. You're old enough to remember when the early albums came out and all that. And I'm sure you came to expect certain things from the band. It's different for me though. I was born two months after their second album came out. I think the big thing for me was that I REALLY became a fan when POP came out, and that was the album that I know many fans would like to forget. But I love it, just as I love every other album. I remember the first time I heard it, I was sort of like, "what the hell?" The second time, it started to grow on me...and the more I listened to it, the more the music began to seep into my veins, into my soul. For me, the band still represents everything they have from day one. They've grown up. I mean, I am certainly not the same person I was five or even two years ago. I admire them for doing what THEY want to do. That, in my opinion, is true artistry.

------------------

wertsie, I can relate with you on becoming a fan when POP came out. I was 18 at the time, too young for the JT era. JT is now one of my favorite U2 albums but when I was younger, I thought U2 had a certain "holier than thou" feeling about them, that they lacked a sense of humour (which I know is completely wrong now that I'm older and wiser) I had bought Achtung Baby and I really loved it (my all-time favorite album) but for some reason it was the Discotheque video that did it for me. Something about Bono in that tight green shirt shoving his crotch into the camera really got to me
wink.gif
The song was fun, the video was funny and sexy and I bought the album the day it came out. To this day it remains my 2nd favorite album. I must admit being dissapointed with ATYCLB because for me, becoming a U2 fan in the 90s, I was always a fan of the more experimental stuff. I didn't like Beautiful Day and SIAM, it didn't sound like the U2 that I had loved. I only bought the cd about a week before my first Elevation show. I suppose it's similar to what fans of 80s U2 experienced during the 90s U2. But after screaming and singing and dancing for 2 hours I knew that my love for the band was still alive. I think it's really amazing that the boys have managed to transcend the different music eras and to appeal to both younge

How long have you been a U2 fan?

One thing I find kind of weird is how people stayed with the group through the DRASTIC change between R&H and AB and then drifted away with POP. *shrugs* I don't know...

------------------

Originally posted by wertsie:

One thing I find kind of weird is how people stayed with the group through the DRASTIC change between R&H and AB and then drifted away with POP. *shrugs* I don't know...

Let me explain- R&H to AB was different, but not drastic, at least not to me. I think the biggest thing is that, though AB was a change, it was GOOOOOD and the band still looked very SEXXXXXY!!!! Unfortunately, the Pop change was not a good one. The music was bad sounding and Bono looked like shite. He and Edge and Adam looked more than bad, they looked just silly and with that lemon it was just tooooo much. It's not the "change" that bothers people, it's "what" is being done, the type of shit and the way it is presented, so that's what lost a lot of people. Get it???

------------------
SHE WANTED THE HIGHWAY, SHE'S HAPPIER THERE, TODAY!

Originally posted by She wanted the highway:
Let me explain- R&H to AB was different, but not drastic, at least not to me. I think the biggest thing is that, though AB was a change, it was GOOOOOD and the band still looked very SEXXXXXY!!!! Unfortunately, the Pop change was not a good one. The music was bad sounding and Bono looked like shite. He and Edge and Adam looked more than bad, they looked just silly and with that lemon it was just tooooo much. It's not the "change" that bothers people, it's "what" is being done, the type of shit and the way it is presented, so that's what lost a lot of people. Get it???

Well, no, not really. I think I will ALWAYS love the POP era because that was when I first really became a fan. The album was great, and I loved the concerts. I think I will ALWAYS have a soft spot in my heart for that time...It's like with my mom. She saw her first show during ZooTv, and even now she looks back on it as the "best time."

But, hey, we've all got different opinions. Nothing wrong with that. And I wasn't saying that anyone else's opinion is "wrong." This is just how I feel.

"The question is, why NOT a lemon?"

------------------

Just wanted to add that, imho, Bono looked and the others looked as sexy as ever during Popmart. Case in point, from my own personal collection:

det1.jpg

At the Pontiac Silverdome 10/31/97. God, I love those pants!

------------------

The question was not "why not" but why did some people not accept it. Well they can do anything, they can go frigging Marilyn Manson or whatever, but that doesn't mean every fan is required to accept or enjoy it. If it floats your boat, it does, if it's not your thing, it's not, and that is what everybody should understand. No one should have to explain or justify their personal taste to anyone else. It's what moves you, or moves you away. We all have a right to our opinion.

I think Bono looked terrible during Pop. I've seen all the pics, I do not like them.

[This message has been edited by She wanted the highway (edited 04-06-2002).]

The question was not "why not" but why did some people not accept it. Well they can do anything, they can go frigging Marilyn Manson or whatever, but that doesn't mean every fan is required to accept or enjoy it. If it floats your boat, it does, if it's not your thing, it's not, and that is what everybody should understand. No one should have to explain or justify their personal taste to anyone else. It's what moves you, or moves you away. We all have a right to our opinion.

[This message has been edited by She wanted the highway (edited 04-06-2002).]

Exactly. We all have the right to our own opinion. I used to get really pissed off at people for condemning certain parts of the band's career because, personally, I could never do that. But now I guess it just makes me sad more than anything else.

------------------

Look, no one is obligated to like everything a band does. Good Lord, I don't like everything my own family does, and I don't accept it, so why should I feel any different about a rock band I don't even know??!! There is no need for you to be sad or mad, yeesh! Some people just don't like some things, no biggie. Don't let it bug ya. That's just the way it is.

Look, no one is obligated to like everything a band does. Good Lord, I don't like everything my own family does, and I don't accept it, so why should I feel any different about a rock band I don't even know??!! There is no need for you to be sad or mad, yeesh! Some people just don't like some things, no biggie. Don't let it bug ya. That's just the way it is.

When I started this thread, it was not my intention to start an argument. Lately I have come to realize how people can like one part of a band's career but not another. Maybe I would feel the same way if I had become a fan earlier on...and, in that case, I'm glad I didn't. I guess it really just bugs me that the band has had to apologize all over the place for that period of time, and that the Popmart tour has become the "lemon" of the band's career. Those shows were amazing, and anyone that was there knows that. But I digress...

------------------

Okay, two things left to say right now...First, the above post could be taken out of context, since the post I was replying to at the time disappeared (ummmm...where'd it go?!).

Second, I think of U2 as members of my family. And when somebody puts down my family in any way, it tends to get me riled up. But that's all.

PEACE!
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
Thank you 80'sU2isBest. I am so glad someone understands how I feel and will post it. I know a lot of people feel this way. I like Zooropa now too, but never Pop. My husband gave up on them at Zooropa, like I said when he couldn't deal with the Lemon video, and Discotheque was the last straw. He is still and 80's U2 is best guy, he won't listen to anything past JT. Most other people I know came back with ATYCLB, like me. I had a tape of the 2001 Grammys right after they were on, and I tried to show it to my brother and his wife. He used to love U2 in the 80's and his wife had big into AB, but they had given up on U2 and when I mentioned them they said, no, they didn't want to see them. I showed them the Grammy performance of BD, and they were pleasantly surprised! He said "hey look they're not freaky anymore!" They bought ATYCLB and loved it and are into U2 again. Bless your heart, 80'sU2isBest.

I can understand where you're coming from. I wonder if I would have felt that way too had I been in your position. It's highly probable. I became a fan during a time period many fans would like to forget. lmao...I'm always a weirdo, no matter what.

Oh, and I'd like to thank both of you for giving your opinions in such a kind way. It was not my intention at ALL to piss people off with this thread, and I'm sorry if I made anyone angry.

------------------

I guess AB has a special place for me as it got me into U2, so i had to discover the earlier stuff later on.

Maybe if i was born earlier, JT would be my first album, who knows?

So far, i dislike first 3 albums (something about the way Bono sounded back then that irritates me), and parts of R&H, and about half of Zooropa and Pop.

Originally posted by U2girl:
I guess AB has a special place for me as it got me into U2, so i had to discover the earlier stuff later on.

Maybe if i was born earlier, JT would be my first album, who knows?

So far, i dislike first 3 albums (something about the way Bono sounded back then that irritates me), and parts of R&H, and about half of Zooropa and Pop.

My preferences are weird...For as long as I can remember, I've known about War, UF, JT, R&H, and AB, and Zooropa because my mom listened to all of those. After the very first show I saw, I bought Boy, and I gradually came to acquire all of their albums. My mom still doesn't have the first two!

My favorite of all-time is AB, and my 2nd-favorite is October. I haven't really decided where everything else falls yet. I guess it sort of depends on the mood I'm in.

Once upon a time, I had a post here about JT, but it seems to have disappeared. Why, I don't know. But anyway...Yes, I agree that JT is a great album, and I love it but I don't think I would name it among my absolute favorite albums. I guess I never really got into that.

Yep, I'm your basic atypical fan, but I'm used to being atypical by now. hehe

------------------

Yep, I'm your basic atypical fan, but I'm used to being atypical by now. hehe

How's this for weird:
first i started out with AB.
Then i "added" parts of R&H, JT, Zooropa and Pop.
I "found" UF only last year! (except Bad and Pride, i had them on a tape earlier)

Even though i'm probably more used to 90's stuff than the 80's (being born in 1978), my fave album is ATYCLB. Though i probably play AB the most out of them all.

Hehehe...All hail the weirdness!

Anyway...I became a fan with POP, but that's not my favorite album (it's up there, definitely, but not #1). AB came to me in a VERY emotionally stressful time in my life, and the words just spoke to me. It was healing for me.

I've been thinking a lot about spirituality and stuff like that lately, and October just seems to speak to that. And, hey, the guys were around my age when they recorded it.

------------------

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
Thank you 80'sU2isBest. I am so glad someone understands how I feel and will post it. I know a lot of people feel this way. I like Zooropa now too, but never Pop. My husband gave up on them at Zooropa, like I said when he couldn't deal with the Lemon video, and Discotheque was the last straw. He is still and 80's U2 is best guy, he won't listen to anything past JT. Most other people I know came back with ATYCLB, like me. I had a tape of the 2001 Grammys right after they were on, and I tried to show it to my brother and his wife. He used to love U2 in the 80's and his wife had big into AB, but they had given up on U2 and when I mentioned them they said, no, they didn't want to see them. I showed them the Grammy performance of BD, and they were pleasantly surprised! He said "hey look they're not freaky anymore!" They bought ATYCLB and loved it and are into U2 again. Bless your heart, 80'sU2isBest.

GypsyHeart-
Wow.
Enjoyed your story.
I felt exactly the same way when I saw the Lemon vid and Discoteque vid.
I said esp during the Lemon vid-'
look at Bono prancing around like a little fruit-cake' to myself.
And I wasnt in love w/the Pop record or Zooropa record-but-
songs such as-
"Do You Feel Loved"
"Gone
and
"Zooropa" sustained me thru these "lean" times
AND
a new flock of fans were starting to clamor towards U2 so I looked for the 'good' in it.
When ATYCLB came out I knew they were back "home".

When I was speaking to Carter Alan in Providence, R.I. I told him this tour reminded me alot of UF tour , he agreed.

I wished you would of taken Bono's cue- but in turned out well for YOU anyway-when he found you later!

Your Friend-
Diamond

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 04-07-2002).]

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
You got to talk to Carter Alan? I'm jealous!

Yeah werstie.
He goes ,"Oh I recognize you from the pictures".- at Prov #2 in the Heart.

Cool cat.

Diamond

Yeah, from reading "The Road to Pop" I got the impression he was a really cool guy. He made me wish I was living in Boston in the early 80s...Man!

------------------

You got to talk to Carter Alan? I'm jealous!

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot
Yeah werstie.
He goes ,"Oh I recognize you from the pictures".- at Prov #2 in the Heart.

Cool cat.

Diamond

That's pretty neat Diamond! Where at Prov 2 did you meet Carter Alan? I used to listen to him on the air in the 80's. It was neat to listen to a DJ that was such a big U2 fan.
I also saw him at a few WBCN events back then.

I was at Prov 1 and have the bootleg. I remember you mentioning that Bono acknowledged you at the end of "Kite", and it's cool to know what's going on when he does. My daughter is the girl that says "I Love You" when Bono asked her her name.

I am reminded of a thread I posted awhile back that included pics of all the kids that Bono reached out to, put the pic of your girls is gone. Check it out:
http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/018097.html

Oh, and I went to the Jun 6th show in Boston, so I missed your special night.

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

See, the thing is, I grew up with U2 always evolving. I came to expect and appreciate that evolution. There are so many bands out there where maybe one or two of their albums are good, but then it seems like they keep trying to do the same stuff over and over again, and it grows stale quickly. Can't think of any right off the top of my head, but you get the picture, right?

Not trying to cause any arguments or anything here. Just thought I'd share...

I totally agree that U2's music is always evolving. I wasn't in love with what it evolved into for a period of time. When you look at the history of the Beatles, not everyone likes "The White Album" that likes "Help" or "Rubber Soul". It's a great difference in musical style, even if it is the same band.

I became a fan in 1983. I got up to speed on the first 3 albums and waited for UF to be released. I LOVE all albums except R&H, Zooropa & Pop. When Zooropa came out, I played it over and over again, but within a year I never put it back into the CD player. All of the older albums got first pick to be played! Pop got very few plays and was put away. There are a few songs on Pop that I really disliked and never figured out how to program my CD player to skip them. The other songs got lost because of the ones I hated! (Gone & Please).

It's funny though, Boston area played "Staring at the Sun" quite frequently, perhaps because there was an acoustic version of the song released on WBCN's compilation CD (When Bono says "Let's face it, without BCN we'd all be F**ked" - so I used to talk over him when my kids were around so they wouldn't hear him say it!)
Because of the airplay, I like that song a lot. But for the most part, I just stuck all my old stuff back into the CD player when I needed a U2 fix during that time!

I really wish I didn't miss the Popmart tour (due to bad timing!). I may have gotten the whole era better.

Thanks for sharing your story GypsyHeartgirl.

Oh, and Wertsie, I think Bono's remark in my signature line matches your thoughts quite well!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 04-07-2002).]

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
GypsyHeartgirl,
It's amazing how very much alike both of our reactions to POP were. But I have to admit I gave up on them during Zooropa, a CD I now like.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Back
Top Bottom