'Twin Towers' riverside project given green light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
DUBLIN has finally been given the green light for its own Twin Towers - one of which will be topped off with a U2 recording studio. The Government has given the go-ahead this weekend to one of the most dramatic riverside reconstruction projects ever seen in Dublin.

Creating a dramatic new architectural gateway on either side of the River Liffey, the U2 Tower on the south keys will be matched with a similar-sized tower on the Point Theatre site.

The towers will soar 100 metres into the sky - a mere 20 metres shorter than the Dublin Spire, making them the two tallest occupied buildings in the city.

The top two stories of the U2 Tower on a site at Britain Quay near the mouth of the River Dodder, will be occupied by a recording studio for the world-famous rockers and will also include a viewing platform.

The north side tower will be called the Point Tower and will be part of a total reshaping of the Point site that will include massive retail as well as residential developments, the creation of a 12,000-seater theatre complex in place of the present auditorium and a dedicated place of worship.

The plans have been under consideration for years but this weekend the Minister for the Environment, Dick Roche approved, subject to modifications, the amended planning schemes for both the Grand Canal Dock and North Lotts areas in the Dublin Docklands.

The approval is reckoned to clear the way for the Dublin Docklands Development Authority (DDDA) to continue with the implementation of this key part of the docklands master plan.

The plan on the north side of the river is likely to demand the closure of the Point Theatre for an estimated two years while the work is completed. It will involve the creation of a civic square that will be the location for the terminus of an extended Luas service to the Point.

A viewing platform, eh? I can just imagine U2 fans will now go to camp out there while U2 are recording, trying to hear new material. :wink:

And they're now 0.5% closer to God while in the studio. Who knows, maybe Bono's lyrics will improve.

Canadiens1160 said:
And they're now 0.5% closer to God while in the studio. Who knows, maybe Bono's lyrics will improve.

or not,

we could be in for an album full of "KNEEL"

xaviMF22 said:

or not,

we could be in for an album full of "KNEEL"

And in Kneelember 2008, just in time for Kneelmas:

U2 - KNEEL: The Album

1. Knees Kneeling
2. I Kneel
3. You Kneel
4. They Kneel
5. We Kneel
6. Blessings For Those Who Kneel
7. Elevation Gave Me Vertigo So I Need To Kneel
8. Kneeling Of The Species
9. Kneel With Me
10. My Knees Are So Old, I Kneel Because I Can't Bloody Stand
11. Mercy (For Those Who Kneel)
12. The Ground Beneath Her Fast Holy Kneeling*

*bonus track in the United States of Kneelica

KhanadaRhodes said:

please. it won't be out till 2009 at least :tsk:

No, Bono got on his knees and prayed and promised God that if He To Whom One Must Kneel would walk into the room and help U2 achieve a Kneelember 2008 release, Bono would try to get the entire world to kneel in unison. God answered this prayer and we get a 2008 album. :happy: :kneel:

i heard the next album would have a collaboration with liam gallagher called "kneel and shine".

sounds good enough to me :shrug:

Axver said:

And in Kneelember 2008, just in time for Kneelmas:

U2 - KNEEL: The Album

1. Knees Kneeling
2. I Kneel
3. You Kneel
4. They Kneel
5. We Kneel
6. Blessings For Those Who Kneel
7. Elevation Gave Me Vertigo So I Need To Kneel
8. Kneeling Of The Species
9. Kneel With Me
10. My Knees Are So Old, I Kneel Because I Can't Bloody Stand
11. Mercy (For Those Who Kneel)
12. The Ground Beneath Her Fast Holy Kneeling*

*bonus track in the United States of Kneelica
:lol:

But, the USK never get bonus tracks, do they? Only the United Kneeldom gets those. :wink:

WalkOn21 said:
:lol:

But, the USK never get bonus tracks, do they? Only the United Kneeldom gets those. :wink:

Bono loves the USK too much to keep denying Kneelicans bonus tracks. :wink:

Axver said:
No, Bono got on his knees and prayed and promised God that if He To Whom One Must Kneel would walk into the room and help U2 achieve a Kneelember 2008 release, Bono would try to get the entire world to kneel in unison. God answered this prayer and we get a 2008 album. :happy: :kneel:
if it comes out in kneelember 2008, i'll eat my kneel.

Back
Top Bottom