Turn on your TV - I don't know what to say!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe the news today
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
Takes a second to say goodbye
Say goodbye, oh, oh, oh
It takes a second to say goodbye
Say goodbye, oh, oh, oh, say bye bye...
Where you going to now...

Lightning flashes across the sky
East to west, do or die
Like a thief in the night
See the world by candlelight.

Fall, rise and...Fall, rise and...

In an apartment on Time Square
You can assemble them anywhere
Held to ransom, hell to pay
A revolution everyday
USSR, GDR, London, New York, Peking
It's the puppets, It's the puppets
Who pull the strings

Say goodbye, say goodbye
Say goodbye, say goodbye
Say goodbye

It takes a second to say goodbye
Say goodbye, oh, oh, oh
Push the button and pull the plug
Say goodbye, oh, oh, oh

And they're doing the atomic bomb
Do they know where the dance comes from
Yes they're doing the atomic bomb
They want you to sing along
Say goodbye, say goodbye
Say goodbye
Say goodbye.

They had some military guys on CNN talking about considering any nation harbouring Ben Laden (Afghanistan) to be just as culpable as the terrorists themselves. Good lord, don't do this. There are a lot of innocent people in Afghanistan that don't deserve to be killed like the people in New York. Find Ben Laden and his operatives, KILL THE FUCKERS, and try to avoid more unnecessary bloodshed.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

I'm with you POPkid, but I think that they should catch a lot of them, not just Bin Laden. He's not alone. It has to be a BIG organisation to pull a thing like this. and i would punish them realy HARD

All Canadian airports - closed
London Stock Exchange - closed
All NY tunnels, subways and bridges - closed
Heathrow airport - closed
All BB games - cancelled
Sears tower - closed
Seattle Space Tower - closed
Kennedy Space Center - closed
Gov. buildings in many states - closed
Hoover Dam - closed

------------------
All we are saying is give peace a chance //oo\\

Marko and others,

Wherever you are from, whether is from a country that has faced war for years, like yours, or a peaceful one, like mine, if you're human you can't help but feeling a sensation of terror and impotence, when you look at the world, today. I deeply feel for all the lives wasted in such a tragedy like this one we're seeing to happen in front of our eyes.

"Are you all right? Are you having a bad day?"

That's what a co-worker just asked me........

I feel like I am the only one around here who even cares.....
frown.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

I am watching the locale news from DC right now...

No car bomb outside the state department..

All DC Government...and Federal employees evacuated...

The only planes in flight are military planes...

Congress...Vice President...etc are in safe locations.

Area around White House is blocked off for four blocks...

State of Emergency in DC...

Thank God they had the sense not to put those high rise buildings in DC....

It is suspected that the plane that crashed in Pittsburg might have been headed toward to Camp David...but was ditched by the pilot before it reached its destination...they don't know...it is just speculation.

We have some prime suspects but we don't know who is responsible yet...so hold your rage. I don't know how many people know this...but the killers of Columbine not only wanted to blow up their schools...they wanted to hijack planes and and do something weirdly similar to what happened today...so for all we know it could be one of our own nuts.

I think I now know a bit of what the American people felt after Pearl Harbor..and I do admit part of me is thinking "Bring it on...we can take it...and we sure as hell can dish it back out...if that's what you want...that's what you are going to get'...

dream wanderer

I would like to apologize to all of you who maybe felt hurt by my previous posts. I'm realy sory and I realy feel for you in US. And I feel anger, and sadnes and frustration, I was looking forward to tonights champions league(soccer) start in Rome, but now it feels so trivial and stupid... i fell that my words meen nothing so i'll stop writeing...
god bless you all

Originally posted by Marko:
I was looking forward to tonights champions league(soccer) start in Rome, but now it feels so trivial and stupid... i fell that my words meen nothing so i'll stop writeing...
god bless you all

I know what you mean...my father is at work, and we emailed back and forth a couple times. At the end of one email, I started to talk about finishing my homework and getting ready for work...but it all seemed so trivial and meaningless that I had to stop writing.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Yeah...the fuckers who did this should be hit hard; the difference between this and Pearl Harbour is that PH was a military target, plus we knew the enemy at the time. Here...even if it's Bin Laden, who probably lives in the mountains of Afghanistan, how the hell do you "bring it on" with something like that? I also was suspecting it could be Timothy McVie's followers exacting revenge for his execution...but they don't seem the "suicide bomber" types. We'll have to wait and see what our "intelligence" community comes up with. I just can't believe the US hasn't taken out Bin Laden after all he's done...the first attack on WTC in '93, the African US embassies, the attack on the US destroyer...i guess it's hard to get to these small terrorist organizations.

This is the saddest news I've ever heard. The most terrible images I've ever seen. It looked like a film, beyond imagination. The whole humanity is on alert.

I'm from Athens, Greece and everybody here is shocked, I have no words to say. I'm so sorry for what happened to all those innocent people. Things will never be the same, I'm afraid. Economy, security, transports, police, everything that has to do with our societies.

I hope and pray that these terror attacks will not be the reason for new wars, more hates, tears and blood.

Here's how the Eureopean leaders and the rest of the world reacted:
http://us.news2.yimg.com/f/42/31/7m/dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010911/wl/crash_tradecenter_world_dc_5.html

Originally posted by Julyfly:
Oh my God! South of Atlanta?!?! Please elaborate on that situation if you can. This is ABSOLUTE MADNESS!! I'm frightened & angry all at the same time.... we have 2 military bases here in Montgomery, AL & they won't let anyone in or out and I know that at some point our Maxwell Air Force Base was listed among the top 5 bases that are at risk of being attacked in a possible terrorist situation. I don't mean to get hysterical or make presumptions about something that hasn't happened, but it has crossed my mind more than once....& it's frightening. Those of you in NY, or with friends & family in NY- our thoughts & prayers are with you.

[This message has been edited by Julyfly (edited 09-11-2001).]

AP newsradio reported this early, but no one else has even mentioned it..i believe that many people are panicked and therefore a lot of rumors are being started...i honestly believe that there was NO plane crash in Atlanta

aaron

Canada's thoughts and prayers are with you guys...

I live right near a military base, and they're getting tanks and other military vehicles out of the shed, and ready to go....this is so scary

Originally posted by Eliv8:
All Canadian airports - closed
London Stock Exchange - closed
All NY tunnels, subways and bridges - closed
Heathrow airport - closed
All BB games - cancelled
Sears tower - closed
Seattle Space Tower - closed
Kennedy Space Center - closed
Gov. buildings in many states - closed
Hoover Dam - closed

CN Tower in Toronto - closed

But, the Canadian government has issued a statement saying "there is NO threat to Canada."

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
That's what I'm affraid of. Bush is under tremendous stress right now and the American people will be screaming for the heads of the terrorists. I just hope Bush will take the time to find out who did it rather than to take a scapegoat.

Dr Teeth I said APPROPRIATE MEASURES, Not a 'knee jerk' reaction. Again watch, wait and see. Db9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

many people believe palestine was behind this. i'm more likely to think it was bin laden.

it's so scary. i live in pittsburgh, less then an hour from where the fourth plane went down.
frown.gif

------------------
"I can't believe the news today,
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away.
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one."

Love to all of you,
Emily

I can't believe the events of today...
I found out about this today in my third hour class, the school officials came over the loud speaker and announced it--from then on we did nothing but watch news updates. With each update I fell deeper into disbelief. The things I saw on that screen made me sad, and angry.

This was certainly done by well-trained terrorists. It was a well thought out event. They even chose flights destined for the West coast (California), most probably based on the fact that the fuel tanks would be plenty full. It's like a ticking bomb, and they knew it, and they went through with it...
mad.gif

I don't understand why people do things such as this... what is the purpose??? I suppose they believe they have fulfilled their mission in life, pleased their person of worship, and died with a smile upon their face. They could not have been more wrong. (whoever "they" may be)

At this point it seems the country could go in many directions. Isolationism has been done, who's to say it won't be done again--though this could be exactly what the terrorists wanted, and I highly doubt it. But it's unreal how uncertain things are at this time, it's as if time ceases to tick. Anyway, it doesn't matter now, it's just so sad how things can spin out of control in the matter of minutes, or seconds. I dread to find out the death count. This is a massive disaster. I'm sure there are plenty of people penned beneath the rubble as we speak... hopefully they can have the will to hang in there until rescued.

I can't say any more about this now, it gets me too upset.

I pray for all of those who suffer the loss of a loved one.
frown.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

Sad day for America...
What do you tell your children? How do you explain to them what's going on?
They shouldn't have to deal with this horrible news and reality...I wish they wouldn't know there are heartless people out there who have no value for life.
frown.gif

All I can say is to pray.

I am so very sorry to everyone who is hurt by these events. It's been a long sad compliacted history that has led us to this day. I have been working through questions of faith and belief and hope lately( mainly rekindled by hanging around with you guys, thanks) This is a big shocker,I don't know what to make of it. It's so very sad, there would have been a baby on one of those planes for sure and kind people who believe in peace.It's so terrible, I'm so sorry, I pray for a peaceful resolution. I hope that's not too naive.....

I don't even have the words to say how sadden and angry I feel. The news today, is too sad... Everything seems so unreal. School was canceled here in Sac, California... As I was coming home from school, I passed throught the Capital here and it was beyond surrounded with police... the whole town is shut down.... and all I kept asking is 'OH MY GOD WHY?'
frown.gif
I just all seems so unreal and creepy.

My prayers are with the families of the victims, all the injured, and with the all those people who are trying desperately to safe people's lifes.
frown.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Blah... 78 NYC police officers missing..

It will only get worse.

------------------
Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics In The Stew
Happily Not Like Me And You
That's where I lost you....

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by cass:
I pray for a peaceful resolution. I hope that's not too naive.....
I'm sorry, but there is no hope for a peaceful resolution to this one. The perpetrators of this must be and will be dealt with severely. They made their decision to spill blood, and now their blood is required.

Hi guys-
Well, this has been a day of pure sadness for everyone. My Mom called me this morning right as I was getting up, she was crying so hard she couldn't even really get it out, that New York and Washington were both under attack.
I was like NOOOOOOOOOO, that can't be, while I turned the news on I just started crying, I could not believe that the images were REAL.
I went straight to work, since I knew what awaited me. I work at probably the largest travel wholesaler co. in the US, we book people from all over the US to all over the world.
So, I spent the entire day helping people out that were stranded all over the place. I worked some overtime today, there are 250 reservationists and we couldn't nearly handle the call volume.
We listened to the news, and plenty of horrible travel dilemmas, and it was complete HELL, without pay (as we are on commission only, no new bookings, no $$) it was amazing though, no complaints and everyone helped out ,but it was a very hard day staying at work in downtown San Jose. It is so scary. One of the travel agencies we work with is the American Express Agency in the World Trade Centre. We still have not heard from any of the agents that we normally work with.
The scope of the event hit me all day long, just the thought of people stranded all over the world, it's huge.
And ofcourse, my prayers are with all of the passengers on the flights, and everyone who lost their life on the ground today in this horrible, horrible crisis. My brother graduated with a man who was on the plane that went down in PA, Mark Bingham, they both graduated from Los Gatos High, both 31.
I spent a lot of time praying this evening, in fact I am finally checking the forum.
I hope you are all ok, and my prayers are with the families of everyone connected with this nightmare.
Please Lord, be with us.

[This message has been edited by U2SJ (edited 09-11-2001).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom