Turn on your TV - I don't know what to say!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and some news photo from yahoo: http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=plane&c=news_photos&n=20

imdf11092001104555a.jpg

frown.gif

Even espn.com has this tragedy as their front page story:

Day of horror: Nation in shock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

The nation reeled in horror as the work day began with a series of bombs and crashes that left the World Trade Center in flames and smoke billowing from the Pentagon.

"We're like everyone else, in shock," said Carol Windham, a spokeswoman at Birmingham International Airport in Alabama. Planes were grounded nationwide.

Heightened security went into effect at government and corporate offices nationwide, from the Army's main germ warfare defense laboratory in Frederick, Md., to city offices in Colorado.

"I don't think there's any place in America right now that's not at risk," said Andrew Hudson, a city spokesman in Denver, where emergency preparedness officials gathered in the basement of City Hall.

In Philadelphia, dozens of people gathered in a hotel lounge to watch television coverage.

A visitor from Texas wept.

"I can't believe what I'm seeing. I never thought I would see anything like this in my lifetime," said 20-year-old Beverly Evans of Dallas. "How can we stop something like this from happening?"

CNN.com Has changed the format of their website to better serve those looking for information...it is now basically a page with writing...hopefully you will be able to access that now, it should work...we will keep everyone updated if you need it...

FROM CNN.COM :

AMERICA UNDER ATTACK
World Trade Centers collapse after planes hit, 10,000 emergency workers head to scene
Plane hits Pentagon, part of the Pentagon collapses
NTSB says United plane goes down near Pittsburgh
Bush calls trade center crashes terrorist act
Federal buildings, United Nations evacuated
FAA grounds all U.S. flights, sends trans-Atlantic flights to Canada
Israel evacuates embassies

Terror attacks hit U.S.
September 11, 2001 Posted: 1457 GMT

People walk away from the World Trade Center as ash rains down.

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Terrorists struck the United States Tuesday morning in harrowing, widespread attacks that included at least three commercial jet crashes into significant buildings.

? In the first attack, a plane hit the north tower of the World Trade Center in Manhattan shortly before 9 a.m., followed by another plane into the second tower about 20 minutes later. Both towers later collapsed.

? About an hour later, a plane crashed into the Pentagon, part of which later collapsed.

? American Airlines told CNN that it lost two planes in "tragic accidents:" Flight 11 from Boston with 81 passengers and 11 crew aboard and Flight 77 from Washington Dulles airport with 58 passengers and six crew aboard. Both planes were en route to Los Angeles

? United Airlines Flight 93 airliner headed from Newark, New Jersey, to San Francisco, crashed near Somerset, Pennsylvania -- police said initial reports indicated no survivors. It was not known if this was connected to the attacks. United also said it was "deeply concerned" about Flight l75 from Boston to Los Angeles.

? The Pentagon, the White House, the State Department, the Justice Department, the Capitol, the CIA and all other government buildings in Washington evacuated.

? President Bush cancelled an appearance in Florida to return to Washington, calling the crashes "apparent terrorist attacks" and "a national tragedy."

? In the first ever national ground stop of aircraft, all flights nationwide have been stopped at their departure airports.

? All international flights were diverted to Canada.

? In New York, more than 10,000 rescue personnel rushed to the scene. The entire downtown area of Manhattan was evacuated as far north as Rockefeller Center, according to an official at an emergency command post.

? Israel has evacuated all its missions around the world.

? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta was evacuated. CDC was preparing bioterrorism teams in case they become necessary.

? Philadelphia landmarks were also evacuated.

? In Chicago, the Sears Tower was evacuated; United Nations in New York evacuated.

? The New York Port Authority said it had closed all bridges and tunnels into the city.

? U.S. stock markets were closed after the New York attacks.

Update: Major League Baseball has postponed all 15 games scheduled for today. Thumbs up to Bud Selig for making the right decision in this horrible crisis period. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL also postponed their games this weekend.

Sports, and even U2 seem so meaningless compared to something of this magnitude. My problems seem so banal right now.

------------------
Change is the only constant

How evil a human being can be...I can?t stop thinking about that...I?m shocked..it?s a devastating feeling, so many lives wasted...don?t know what to say, I?m truly shocked

According to CNN Ussamah Bin Laden has claimed responsibility for all of the attacks as well as stating he informed the US days/weeks ago that this would happen and apparently in detail how it would happen..

aaron

I don't even know why I am on here today. I just don't know what to do with myself-I am in such total shock and devastation.

Two planes that crashed were from Boston. I am praying that no one I knew was on them. And of course,I pray for the souls of all my brothers and sisters that we have lost today.

I never thought I would live to see what I have seen today.

...Imagine all the people, living life in PEACE.

Originally posted by TheU2:
Awful, Awful. I'm in Manhatten and its awful.

Oh THANK GOD you are ok. I know I have chatted with someone from Interference that has told me they work in the World Trade Center and I thought it was you dude, I am glad you are ok.

------------------
Camilo Arenivar

Email: U2LA2000@hotmail.com

AOL Instant Message: nohocamilo

Yahoo Messenger: u2la2000

http://www.U2LA.com

Originally posted by the_rehearsal:
ANOTHER PLANE CRASH HAS HAPPENED SOUTH OF ATLANTA

Oh my God! South of Atlanta?!?! Please elaborate on that situation if you can. This is ABSOLUTE MADNESS!! I'm frightened & angry all at the same time.... we have 2 military bases here in Montgomery, AL & they won't let anyone in or out and I know that at some point our Maxwell Air Force Base was listed among the top 5 bases that are at risk of being attacked in a possible terrorist situation. I don't mean to get hysterical or make presumptions about something that hasn't happened, but it has crossed my mind more than once....& it's frightening. Those of you in NY, or with friends & family in NY- our thoughts & prayers are with you.

[This message has been edited by Julyfly (edited 09-11-2001).]

Strange, U2 were in Berlin when the wall came down, in Italy during the riots and possibly in New York today.

------------------
All we are saying is give peace a chance //oo\\

Originally posted by Eliv8:
Strange, U2 were in Berlin when the wall came down, in Italy during the riots and possibly in New York today.

Oh god... I hope they are ok.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
I dont know what I would do.....

------------------
The Chairs Are All Stacked
The Swinging's Stopped Swinging

Sicy's Website

I'm watching TV right now here in Sweden... it's all over the screens. Can't believe what I'm seeing, it's unreal.

Hey everyone - just checking in from NYC. I was nowhere near the WTC, I work on 57th Street, but I could see the smoke filling the sky. I had to walk home into Queens which took about an hour and a half. As I was crossing the 59th Street bridge I could see out towards the end of Manhattan. The sky was just absolutely filled with smoke. I'm definitely shaken but okay. Thanks for everyone's kind thoughts.

Originally posted by Salome:
I just saw Palestines partying in the streets of Jerusalem

I had to switch channels

OH My gawd, I saw that too!
frown.gif
I went to my 9am class just now, and we were watching on the TV, it was just sick to see people partying over a tragedy like this. She turned of the TV and let us go out early.
frown.gif
This is so unreal.

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

On a press conference on CNN, representatives of Ussamah Bin Laden have denied responsibility. Estimated death toll is 10,000 people.

Summary

- Minutes apart, two jetliners slam into World Trade Center towers in New York City
- Third jetliner crashes into Pentagon
- World Trade Towers collapse shortly after crash with people inside
- NYC mayor: "Horrendous number of lives lost"
- Fourth plane crashes outside Pittsburgh, PA
- White House, federal buildings throughout US evacuated
- All domestic US flights halted
- Police departments around US on alert
- Mexico, Canada borders closed
- Bush: "Terrorism against our nation will not stand"
Sources: Reuters, AP, CNN, ABC News

------------------
All we are saying is give peace a chance //oo\\

I'm from Croatia and I experienced war for 5 yrs (1990-1991) and I lived in enviroment full of bombs and shooting, so maybe I'm not as shocked as all of you here, but I just don't belive this what i'm watching on CNN right now!!! It's sickening, and I feel strong for you and with you. You have my prayers, all of you in US. But don't fear, it's not the end of the world, it's not armagedon, you are strong and you'll get on your feet and show theese terorists the power of your will, and justice will come (I just hope that it'll not catch the inocent people on the other side!!!)

One more thing: IVANCLAYTONJR what the f*** is up with you??? you constantly keep talking about u2, bono and 3rd leg... How can you post a message like that in a time like this. If you have no real sympathy than keep your thoughts for yourself

This is unreal. I can't believe it. I hope all you New York Interferencers and families are alright. What on earth is wrong with the human race? Why do we stoop so low??

Bless

*stunned silence* I pray for those lost and their families in this terrible time.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom