Turn it on...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
Is it just me, or do U2 songs just sound better on the radio?

I mean....they just surprise you sometimes and you get to drive around with WOWY or Angel of Harlem or something?

I mean having a CD there is great and all, but I like when the songs come on the radio
biggrin.gif

biggrinflip.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"I used to gaze out my classroom window and dream And then go home and listen to Ray sing "I believe to my soul" after school" ~Van Morrison~

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Is it just me, or do U2 songs just sound better on the radio?

I mean....they just surprise you sometimes and you get to drive around with WOWY or Angel of Harlem or something?

I mean having a CD there is great and all, but I like when the songs come on the radio
biggrin.gif

biggrinflip.gif

They do sound better on the radio, because (a) when a U2 song appears it's a surprise - you didn't know that was going to happen. And (b) if it's commercial radio, they stand out by comparison.

I don't think Kite is all that great on record. But if I turned onto some crap radio station and heard it, well that would be something else altogether.

If Kite becomes a single in USA I'll cry and hide
frown.gif

Yesh I love the element os surprise. This one radio station always plays Sweetest Thing at night for some reason
smile.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"I used to gaze out my classroom window and dream And then go home and listen to Ray sing "I believe to my soul" after school" ~Van Morrison~

I love, love, love it when I hear a U2 song on the radio. The only time that I ever really listen to the radio is at work, and when a U2 song comes on I turn up my radio so loud, and find a reason (like filing, or watering my plants) to walk around in my office. That way I can sort of dance. I got busted the other day because someone came in and I didn't hear them and I was singing along to "It's Christmas (baby please come home) and dancing around my office. I don't think that they were surprised though. My u2 wallpaper, and screensaver give away my obsession.

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I love, love, love it when I hear a U2 song on the radio. The only time that I ever really listen to the radio is at work, and when a U2 song comes on I turn up my radio so loud, and find a reason (like filing, or watering my plants) to walk around in my office. That way I can sort of dance. I got busted the other day because someone came in and I didn't hear them and I was singing along to "It's Christmas (baby please come home) and dancing around my office. I don't think that they were surprised though. My u2 wallpaper, and screensaver give away my obsession.
lol at school during lunchtime when a U2 song comes on I like gasp and choke on my food and scream to make sure no one turns it off

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

This is true no matter how much you play your CD's there is something special about hearing it on the radio. It's like your favorite movie coming on TV even though you have the tape and haven't watched it for months. Have any of you ever been thinking of U2 and turned to a station and there they were playing? I have many times! U2ESP!

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
This is true no matter how much you play your CD's there is something special about hearing it on the radio. It's like your favorite movie coming on TV even though you have the tape and haven't watched it for months. Have any of you ever been thinking of U2 and turned to a station and there they were playing? I have many times! U2ESP!
Ha!! I always get mad at my parents for doing that. They will be watching a movie that we own on tv, and suffering through the commercials.

Today I was reading my "At the End of the World" and when I finished reading a chapter I thought to myself that I would just see what was on tv. I turned on Much More Music and they had a clip of an interview with Bono, then they showed the "Kite" video. I guess that I have U2-ESP

lol at school during lunchtime when a U2 song comes on I like gasp and choke on my food and scream to make sure no one turns it off

[/B]

omg-lol i did that the other day @ lunchtime i went out to get food with my friend and at the start of walk on i screamed and went-"its the boys", then all these ppl looked @ me-gee i wish my friends liked u2 then i might look less of a ham.

And yes it always sounds better on the radio if ur in a shop or on the bus home from school but i took my walkman to dublin and my friend was there and he talked and ate when we were trying to sleep so i took out my u2 tape (ive about 6 lol) and listened to Dirty Day over and over again-it sounded even better on the walkman, it sent me to sleep AND drowned out the sound of my friend
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

I bet lots of us have U2-ESP, we are so connected to this band!

Yeah that watch the movie of the tape you have thing is lame but it seems like everybody I know does it! Ah, I remember the ancient times before the VCR was a common household item, then we really had to rough it and wait!

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

I think the radio/tv thing has to do with shared experience. When you hear Wild Honey on the radio it's special because you realize hundreds or thousands of other people are hearing it along with you.

i love hearing U2 on the radio, it's so surprising and sudden.

why don't i get music in my school cafeteria? why are you guys so blessed?

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

Oh yeah....love love love when U2 comes on the radio just when I'm not expecting it...Actually the other day my mom and I were having a "heated" discussion in the car and just as we began to yell at each other...BD came on the radio...Well we just both kinda looked at each other, I reached over to turn up the music and we sang our little hearts out...and suddenly things between us didn't seem so "heated".

Amazing what those men can do!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by madonna's child:

Lol don't worry you're not missing much. Cafeteria hierarchy subjects you to that stupid H to the Izzo song. Gr.
smile.gif
lmao

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Originally posted by madonna's child:

Lol don't worry you're not missing much. Cafeteria hierarchy subjects you to that stupid H to the Izzo song. Gr.
smile.gif
lmao

we dont get it either the only way i heard a u2 tune was because in 6th year we are allowed to leave school for lunch and we walked down to the supermarket and it was playing there..we dont even have a cafeteria-we have a hall with some tables and then 3 big halls-one for first and second years, 2nd one for 3rd and 4th years and MY STUDY HALL which the 5th years use and we 6th years are made to leave skool cus there aint any room for us
biggrin.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Yes! I have U2ESP too
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
It always results in me GASPING and choking
biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

i wish we could leave school during lunch. is EVERYTHING more fun in ireland!?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

Originally posted by Kieran McConville:
For some reason Beautiful Day always seems to come over the radio when I'm in a supermarket.
Do you take the apples out of womens' hands and eat them?

biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

You've got a point!

I emailed a U2 request for Virgin Radio (UK) and got it played, and they read out my email ('I'm revising from exams.... near death from boredom.... need U2...')

Sad - but I was happy all day!
smile.gif

When I was in high school we didn't get music in the cafeteria, but we did get to listen to music for 10 minutes every morning. They picked 5 students out of the grade 12 class to choose the music. Everyone got a day of the week. I was chosen for tuesdays which meant that every tuesday we listended to U2 while we were going to our lockers, checking into homeform, and making our way to our first period class!!!

I love hearing U2 on the radio! I like surprises.
smile.gif

Lately it was ATYCLB songs, and before I still haven't found... or WOWY, with occasional One.

Is it just me or is the title of this topic PLEBA inspired?
wink.gif

I also think they sound better on the radio becuase you know it's someone else that have decided to play it, not you. It's like when my friend was over at my flat the other day and SHE wanted to see Elevation from Boston and she asked me lots o questions and stuff (she's not a fan) it was much more fun to watch and lsiten to because it wasn't me who had decided to watch it.

I always listen to the same radiostation here and it's because they are the one who plays U2 the most and especially one girls, during her shift. I always e-mail her and request for u2 songs and she always plays one and reads my mail where I say hi to other U2 friends and stuff and she always sighs and says how much she loves them after the song and add small anecdots about them. It's great, I love her.
smile.gif
And I guess I'm famous at the radiostation too by now. Speically when my friends boyfriend works at the radiostation, I don't know him very well though.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Back
Top Bottom