TUF Remaster ( what will be on it? )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mauwer

War Child
Friends ,

What you`ll think will be on TUF remaster 2nd disc?
I think this ,

01 - Pride ( the single version , it`s longer )
02 - Boomerang I
03 - Boomerang II
04 - Sixty Seconds To Kingdom Come
05 - Wire ( Dub mix , was it called like that? )
06 - The Unforgetable Fire ( single version )
07 - Bad ( live from Wide Awake In America )
08 - A Sort Of Homecoming ( from WAIA )
09 - The Three Sunrises
10 - Love Comes Tumbling
11 - Bass Trap

But then????
They might have a few Unreleased stuff left?
Some live tracks????
Live Aid????

I also hope they`ll throw in the dvd with Dortmund `84 on it.
That show was just:drool:
And what about the docu of the Croke Park show `85?

Cheers ,

Mauwer

The out-takes to The Unforgettable Fire would be the best thing worth hearing. If they could clear the snippets, then Bad from Live Aid would also be a coup, but I'd guess that your list is close enough the what we'll get. It's one of the ones I'm looking forward to the most since their creativity levels, you'd imagine, were sky high with Eno and Lanois just on board.

I know there is a version of Love comes tumbling with different lyrics. It could be included...

A couple of live songs from TUF-tour would be great esp. The Unforgettable fire...

What's different about the single version of "Unforgettable Fire?" Is it just a radio edit?

^I've not seen anything written anywhere yet. I'm guessing it will be a while before it would surface anyway with UABRS coming out and then the new album.

Weren't they considering a live album after UF? I know they dabbled with it and only finished the two tracks that ended up on WAIA.

So, I guess there could be a lot of live stuff archived somewhere...

could they give it the JT treatment? if UABRS fits in Amazon's 4-piece box set, and Rattle & Hum gets a makeover including a second disc, and assuming AB will get the ultra special deluxe treatment as well, could it happen? you'd have arguably the 3 classics (JT, AB and UF) with 3 disc editions, and would open up the possibility of Zooropa/Passengers/Pop as a 3-piece box set in the ilk of Boy-War.

could they give it the JT treatment? if UABRS fits in Amazon's 4-piece box set, and Rattle & Hum gets a makeover including a second disc, and assuming AB will get the ultra special deluxe treatment as well, could it happen? you'd have arguably the 3 classics (JT, AB and UF) with 3 disc editions, and would open up the possibility of Zooropa/Passengers/Pop as a 3-piece box set in the ilk of Boy-War.

:drool: That would be... incredible... UF is my second favorite album, after Achtung...

These were also released as b-sides during the UF era:
*11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Long version)
*Touch (but already on the Boy reissue)
*A Celebration (but already on the October reissue)
*4th of July (Long Version)
*As someone else has mentioned, there's an alternate vocal take of Love Comes Tumbling, and there is also an alternate mix of A Sort of Homecoming (Live) that has Edge on backing vocals.

They could put on Maggie's Farm from the Live For Ireland album, which was recorded in May 1986, so a little after The Unforgettable Fire, but prior to The Joshua Tree.

The Single version of TUF is identical in every way to the album version. It's not even a radio edit.

:ohmy:Your right , I meant Love Comes Tumbling and not TUF.
On WAIA ,LCT has no countdown before the song starts.
But on TUF Vinyl-Single the countdown`s there on LCT.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I want a DVD this time !!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

There's enough material

Live Dortmund 1984, Wide Awake in Dublin 1985 documentary, Unforgettable Fire documentary (already released on Slane Castle DVD), 3 Pride videos, Bad and A Sort Of Homecoming live videos, UF video, etc :heart:

I want a DVD this time !!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

There's enough material

Live Dortmund 1984, Wide Awake in Dublin 1985 documentary, Unforgettable Fire documentary (already released on Slane Castle DVD), 3 Pride videos, Bad and A Sort Of Homecoming live videos, UF video, etc :heart:

That'd all be nice on a cleaned up DVD, but I'd prefer to have something from the vault that's not already available on any good torrent. :yes:

I don't know...if they didn't add a DVD to the War remaster, would they do so for UF ?

If they didn't add a DVD to Rattle & Hum, Achtung Baby, Zooropa and Pop I promise I'll kill Bono and Co :angry:

There's more than enough material to fill each album with documentaries, videos, concerts, etc :hyper:

I don't know...if they didn't add a DVD to the War remaster, would they do so for UF ?

Because UF is a better album? And because UABRS is being released by itself in September with the full Red Rocks concert on DVD?

Because UF is a better album? And because UABRS is being released by itself in September with the full Red Rocks concert on DVD?

They could have added Red Rocks DVD onto the War remaster.
I'm beginning to think JT and AB will be the only ones with a DVD released.

They could have added Red Rocks DVD onto the War remaster.
I'm beginning to think JT and AB will be the only ones with a DVD released.

depends on what they end up remastering. Down the line, I can see All That You Can't Leave Behind get a DVD.

Unforgettable Fire is my favourite U2 album
but I don't really see why it would be treated different than Boy - October - War

I think Achtung will get the Joshua Tree treatment
I wonder whether they'll remaster Zooropa and onwards

i'd think they'd remaster zooropa and pop. I don't think they'd go after that, though. who knows. guess we'll find out in the next 5-6 years.

i hope they put in Live Aid, a couple b-sides.

also, this is the one remaster that i'm really hoping that we'll see a couple of "never heard" unreleased tracks. i just love the ambience of the album, and i wonder if there are any rare gems.

I don't think they'd do Live Aid, they probably want us to buy the official live aid release so the proceeds go where they are intended to go.

They could put on Maggie's Farm from the Live For Ireland album, which was recorded in May 1986, so a little after The Unforgettable Fire, but prior to The Joshua Tree.

Oh yeah, it would be great to have live versions of Pride, Bad and their great cover of Maggie's Farm from the Amnesty Interetional Tour. Their performances were extraordinary there.

Back
Top Bottom