Try this out America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UVMan

The Fly
Another person has an "American Idol" thread but mine has a completely different topic/question. Has anyone (I mean ANYONE, including William Hung) ever sung a U2 song on "Idol"? I VAGUELY remember someone from, oh, a couple years ago doing ISHFWILF, but I could be wrong about that. If I've missed some that did U2 songs, tell me. Do any of you have an idea of why more people don't do U2 songs?? Boy, if you could come even CLOSE to hitting some notes like Bono does on certain songs, you should automatically win the show, IMHO. That's all for now.

Well, I've only watched American Idol a few times, but it seems that the kinds of songs they want to hear are a really sort of teeny bopper pop songs, and that is the image they're looking for too...I don't know, I think a lot of younger people don't really see U2 as representing that and therefore they don't sing it...

Hope I don't attacked for this comment. :huh: :reject:

UVMan said:
Boy, if you could come even CLOSE to hitting some notes like Bono does on certain songs, you should automatically win the show, IMHO. That's all for now.

Totally disagree. Bono's range really isn't that great when compared to "great singers." I mean, ISHFWILF isn't really that hard to sing, nor is "sing" part of SYCMIOYO...I'm a singer and I can hit anything Bono does but that definitely doesn't mean I could easily win that annoying American Idol. On that show they look for great singers in the classical sense, which bono is not I'm afraid to say.

The difference with Bono is he has passion and soul, something those glorified karaoke singers will never have.

"With or Without" was sung on Australian Idol, and a couple of other U2 songs. But I didn't really watch it so I'm not 100% sure.

Back
Top Bottom