True or False?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Where The Streets Have No Name is the best song ever.

Sorry, kinda lame, but my first U2 concert is just months away and I cannot stop thinking about it. How will certain songs sounds? Am I going to pass out when they play Miracle Drug? What's the stage gonna look like? But the one thing that is always in the back of my mind is this song. Though I've never seen U2 live, I've heard more than enough bootlegs and live performances to know that this song is one of the greatest live songs ever. It might be my favorite U2 song (but how impossible is that to decide), and I know it's gonna be the highlight of the show. Can't wait! :D

This is going to be my first U2 concert too!:wink:

I just cant wait, especially after what i read from Rolling Stone intrview. Larry recalls what Bono once said about the band during a concert: "When people applaud, when people laugh and cry, it's nothing to do with you. It's memory -- that song takes them somewhere." And its so true. That may be the best about the concert.

Btw, i like the state of awaiting :wink: I love the feeling.
"The end is not as fun as the start" ;)

Oh... it seems like i didnt answer your question :lol:
Streets is not my favourite song, though its still great and must be amazing live :wink:

Last edited:
False, it isn't the best song EVER.

However, it still gives me a rush when I see them play it in rattle and hum and it is my favorite U2 video. I also always get excited when the play it in concert although it wouldn't make my concert set list anymore.

well I was exagerating when I said it's the best song EVER, but I was just trying to make a point. :wink:

Streets is the best song ever. It's not my favourite, but it's definitely the best, especially in the live context. I cannot wait for my Streets experience.

The way I see it, Streets is to U2 as what Like A Rolling Stone is to Bob Dylan, their penultimate anthem.

I think SYCMIOYO is gonna surprise all of us - U2's BEST song ever!

Although I have been following U2 for over 23 years now and have a very special place in my heart for "Streets". :wink:

It just may be U2's BEST VIDEO ever.

YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN FEEL....:adam: :larry: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

False. It isn't the best song ever.

It's the most perfect song ever and the most beautiful piece of music since Mozart and Beethoven. When you watch them perform it live, you will die then live again. :)

False. It's not even U2's best song (this is just my opinion - I usually skip over it when I am listening to The Joshua Tree). Even Bono admits the words are juvenile - any hack poet could do better. The music is great though, and live it can turn a concert on its head. Maybe the best LIVE song ever... hmmm... have to think about that one...

}:)~

Back
Top Bottom