TRL - We may get a LOT of news tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosleftone

Refugee
Mainly tour dates. This may be the perfect opportunity to release the first leg dates at least. I remember specifically PopMart was announced on MTV and I think Elevation that was the first public place they did it, dont quite remember Elevation but I remember watching MTV all day one day before PopMart dates to get a pre-order # or some crap.

Maybe just be a false hope, but its highly possible. I'm just hoping they dont go on sale in a weeks time, I think they're smart enough to wait until after Xmas to put them onsale.

Nah, I expect them to hold off with the tour dates until after Christmas. Let the album ride it's own buzz and then re-emerge to get buzz going for the tour. If they are mentioned on TRL tommorow, it will be for this supposed secret concert.

madonna's child said:
Nah, I expect them to hold off with the tour dates until after Christmas. Let the album ride it's own buzz and then re-emerge to get buzz going for the tour. If they are mentioned on TRL tommorow, it will be for this supposed secret concert.

The secret concert IS TRL. I also believe that they wont release the dates tomorrow however I wouldnt be surprised at all if they were released.

The longer wait the better though at least for on-sale dates.

Are we sure the concert will be aired on TRL? Check out http://www.mtv.com/onair/trl/ ... the description for the day's show is "Today's show is absolutely ludicrous. We hit you with the latest video from La La's good friend Ludacris. "

I know showing a video doesn't take up the whole show, but it seems weird.

Just incase... does anyone have the time that TRL is on? So we can set up recorders.

Thanks!

gorman said:
Are we sure the concert will be aired on TRL? Check out http://www.mtv.com/onair/trl/ ... the description for the day's show is "Today's show is absolutely ludicrous. We hit you with the latest video from La La's good friend Ludacris. "

I know showing a video doesn't take up the whole show, but it seems weird.

Maybe it will be more absurd than ludicrous and Ludicrous will introduce U2. :eek:

Hi Everyone, figured I'd finally throw up a post. It's a pleasure to be a part of the community.

I know what MTV is today and to who, but you mean to tell me the argueably GREATEST band in the world, who are on at least five or six magazine covers this month, who just did a concert in the city you broadcast from, are releasing their new album on a given day, and that day you're going to feature Ludacris?????

I understand I may be out of touch, but c'mon now.

unfortunately more teenagers today want to hear about people who sing about drugs, sex, violence, then spirituality, personal feelings, whats going on in the world

Yeah. You'll find very few teenagers who have even HEARD of U2 before all this "Vertigo" media blitz. Most people my age, even those that listen to off-the-track music don't care about U2.

From what I've seen on other sites, this concert isn't going to be for TRL but for another MTV show.

Per concert dates, if the band is just now setting up it's fan club, I don't think they'd announce concert dates until a sufficient number of people have registered to take part in the pre-sales. Next month or even early next year seem like safe bets.

Back
Top Bottom