Trivia Question of the Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bet Edge's favourite drink is a drink that isn't invented until 2010. :grumpy:

Queen Bee said:
It's Black Velvet!!

Corrrrrrect!!!

Our good friends at u2star.com have graciously donated this prize!

lemon6lc.jpg

Congrats!!!

im surprised that they would donate such great prizes for an interference trivia contest

Queen Bee said:
Okay, this one is courtesy of our good friends at U2Eastlink.com!

Where was the Mysterious Ways music video shot?

In the Moroccan city of Fez?

ok, u2-vertigo-tour.com has submitted this question.

Who's the female singer in the "Stay (Faraway So Close)" video?

Chizip said:
ok, u2-vertigo-tour.com has submitted this question.

Who's the female singer in the "Stay (Faraway So Close)" video?

German actress, Meret Becker. And here's a super bonus! Her stepfather, Otto Sander, is in the movie Faraway So Close! by Wim Wenders, who also directed the video for U2.

What do I win? What do I win? :hyper:

Queen Bee said:

German actress, Meret Becker. And here's a super bonus! Her stepfather, Otto Sander, is in the movie Faraway So Close! by Wim Wenders, who also directed the video for U2.

What do I win? What do I win? :hyper:

U2 bubble gum!!!

bubbleAndGum.jpg

Queen Bee said:

Fleetwood :sad:

Corrrrrrect!!!

Did you know Bono has two German Shepards, their names are Fanny and Angel. Edge had a dog called Fleetwood, but it ran away. He actually showed a picture of the dog on TV during an interview, to try and get the dog back. Larry dog J.J.died, as evidenced by the "J.J. (R.I.P.)" message in the liner notes of Pop. He also has a pet named Missy. Adam has a dog named Colin.

you win an autogrpahed guitar!!!

U2%20Autographed%20Guitar%206035-20.jpg

courtesy of fate at zootopia!!!

Queen Bee said:
Was Bono a great chess player as a kid?

It's apparently true. There are many references in various books about Bono and U2 to the fact that Bono "excelled" at chess as a youngster. Here's a quote from 1987 where Bono talks about his interest in chess: "I never knew what I wanted to be. One day I'd wake up and want to be a chess player -- the best. I'd read a book on it, and at twelve I studied the grandmasters, and I was fascinated.

Chizip said:
It's apparently true. There are many references in various books about Bono and U2 to the fact that Bono "excelled" at chess as a youngster. Here's a quote from 1987 where Bono talks about his interest in chess: "I never knew what I wanted to be. One day I'd wake up and want to be a chess player -- the best. I'd read a book on it, and at twelve I studied the grandmasters, and I was fascinated.

How do you do it! You're an ace U2 guru, my friend.

This is from our special friends at u2tours.com.

Signed Discotheque sheet music by the band!!
fd1b2gr.jpg

Queen Bee said:

How do you do it! You're an ace U2 guru, my friend.

This is from our special friends at u2tours.com.

Signed Discotheque sheet music by the band!!
fd1b2gr.jpg

sweeeeeeeet :drool:

What was the largest attendance at a U2 live show?

Queen Bee said:

To date, the largest attendance at a U2 show was an estimated 150,000 fans who attended the September 20, 1997 PopMart show at Reggio Emilia, Italy.

you must be a U2 trivia encyclopedia!!!!

u2exit.com gives you this!!

sil092-2.jpg

Last edited:
If you leave Zooropa playing for about one minute after "The Wanderer", you will hear an alarm going off. This is the same alarm which warns radio DJ's when there is a 10 second air silence. Some editions of Zooropa don't have the DJ alarm at the end -- the Brazillian pressing, for example.

Chizip said:
If you leave Zooropa playing for about one minute after "The Wanderer", you will hear an alarm going off. This is the same alarm which warns radio DJ's when there is a 10 second air silence. Some editions of Zooropa don't have the DJ alarm at the end -- the Brazillian pressing, for example.

Wow, even the bit about the Brazilian pressing! If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were The Edge himself :ohmy:

This one of a kind Pop mirrorball is courtesy of our friends at U2achtung.com!

sil0339ia.jpg

Congrats!!

Back
Top Bottom