trailer for Bono's movie "Across the Universe"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
edit: is that Noel Gallagher on Across the universe ? I don't think it's Bono on Hey Jude.

I saw this trailer last week when I went to see Dreamgirls, and I squealed through the whole thing. I am mega excited about this. This movie... is like a super combination of everything I love. It'a a musical. Set to Beatles music. It's a love story. It's got fantastic cinematography. It has a Bono cameo. I don't think it could get any better. Hell, I'd be just as excited even if Bono weren't in it. September 28th can't get here fast enough :faint:

hollywood actually tapped the last available demographic...U2 fans lol...i'm interested how this is going to do box office wise

LemonMacPhisto said:
That's Robin Williams.

bonoorrobinwilliamsfo1.jpg

hmm. You know I can't help but wonder why the people who drool over Bono don't also drool over Robin Williams. I mean the physical similarities are striking. :hmm:

Bono's not an obnoxious attention whore who never shuts up.

... well, according to those who LIKE him, anyway. :wink:

indra said:

hmm. You know I can't help but wonder why the people who drool over Bono don't also drool over Robin Williams. I mean the physical similarities are striking. :hmm:

Its just the whole package....

Robin Williams is one of my favorite actors though :giggle:

U2Man said:
robin williams doesnt wear sunglasses with strength, that's why.

:lol:

Of course!! I don't know why I forgot the awesome power of the sunglasses!

Well I got excited just when I saw who the script writers were :wink: Ian La Frenais and Dick Clement have written some brilliant stuff in the past such as the great Auf Wiedershen Pet and I think they wrote the screen play for the Commitments so it's looking good.

From Wikipedia:

"Liverpudlian dock worker Jude (Jim Sturgess) travels to America in the 1960s to find his estranged father. There he falls in love with sheltered American teenager Lucy (Evan Rachel Wood). When her brother Max (Joe Anderson) is drafted to fight in the Vietnam War, they become involved in peace activism.

Other notable members of the cast include Bono as Dr. Roberts, Eddie Izzard as Mr. Kite (a circus owner), Dana Fuchs as the musician Sexy Sadie, and Salma Hayek as a nurse."

...Salma Hayek as a nurse

:drool:

indra said:

I saw a bit about Robin's latest movie... and I can see that they have a similiar face, but I really don't see them looking very closely alike..

The end look cool......a ton of "out there" imagery and performances.......but the whole "the sixties was about love and stopping Vietnam" bit is too much overkill. If we're treated to more than enough music, and less of that, it could be a winner.

interesting, i'd definitely see this.

real lovely cover's of the beatles tunes as well.

by the way, the film 'i am sam' had loads of beatles tunes in it as well.

Holy crap. This film looks amazing! I can't wait to see this. Trippy as hell, and the music sounds fantastic. I'm pumped.

Back
Top Bottom