Tracks review of HTDAAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jphelmet said:

this is quite possibly the most unintelligent rip of pop and pomart i have ever heard. U2 "deliberatley" made a sub par album (your opinion) because they wanted a huge spectacle?

Actually in some respects it's true. I love Pop and I loved Popmart, but the band booked the tour before the album was done. They themselves said they rushed it and nothing was finished. Although it's my third favorite album, so I'm pretty happy with the whole process.

As for this review, sounds promising, but I'm waiting for Nov. 23rd...
I just have a hard time with individual music critics. Ever since AB got a few average reviews I've found it hard to trust someone who had ten other cd's to write reviews for that day. They just don't give these people enough time to soak in music anymore. Still, I've now read 6 possitives and one kinda negative, so not bad at all...

tkramer said:

Actually in some respects it's true. I love Pop and I loved Popmart, but the band booked the tour before the album was done. They themselves said they rushed it and nothing was finished. Although it's my third favorite album, so I'm pretty happy with the whole process.

They rushed it because of the tour being booked too early. i know that at that is exactly my point. the problem was to say u2 "deliberately" made a poor album, because of the spectacle is absurd. or even that they cared about the stage and porpmart set up more than the music, is ridiculous. did they run out of time, and have to rush it? yes, as you said they admit that much. did theypurposely put the music second and make a poor album for the sake of a huge tour? asolutely not.

All great bands make at least one crap album deliberately. If a band is truly great they'll go out of their way and make even more. That's why today's popular bands are truly so great.

Last edited:
:applaud:

What more needs to said?

Thanks for sharing this wonderful review with us.

YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN FEEL....:adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :hug: :love:

Actually our friend Jick just likes to play devil's advocate. He likes to pull up and down depending on the post. Here he is being rediculously down, but if you read his post on one word song titles you'll see he's being rediculously up. He's even done a few remixes of vertigo, which is a song he sometimes bashs or champions depending on the mood. I personally thing he's a kick and not a little bit bent.

CHEERS!

-kramer

Back
Top Bottom