Tracks 1 - 6 HTDAAB v AB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roy said:

This is from a Q magazine article October 2002:

Producer Steve Lillywhite remembers the mixing of "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" (notably absent from the forthcoming Best of) as being especially testing.

"They hated that song," he says. "I spent a month on it and I still don't think it was as realised as it could've been. The Americans had heard it and said, That's your radio song there, because they were having trouble with some of the more industrial elements. It's almost like a covers band doing a U2 moment. Maybe we tried too hard."

Pretty damning stuff. Over and out...:wink: :wink:

You know it seems to me that everything that the band and producers have come out with since 2000 has been particularly hard to accept about some things that happened in the 90's. Especially Pop and now reading this. Jesus in 10 years I wonder if they will look back at 2000-2004 and say damn that COBL was a real crap mix its nearly in mono or say something similar. I read this what Lilywhite has said and I'm thinking fuc#in hell whats so special about the new stuff, at least WGRYWH had a decent stereo mix and not the one dimensional mixes of SYCMIOYO and COBL!

ZooStation vs Vertigo: vertigo

EBTTRT VS Miracle Drug: Tie

One vs SYCMIOYO: One

UTEOTW vs LAPOE: UTEOTW

WGRYWH vs COBL: COBL

SO Cruel vs All Because of You: so cruel

AMAAW vs The FLY: The Fly

Crumbs vs Mysterious Ways: MW

TTTYAATW vs OSC: OSC

UR vs OOTS: UR

Acrobat vs Yahweh: Acrobat

AB 7-3
but again
only time will tell

rjhbonovox said:

You know it seems to me that everything that the band and producers have come out with since 2000 has been particularly hard to accept about some things that happened in the 90's. Especially Pop and now reading this. Jesus in 10 years I wonder if they will look back at 2000-2004 and say damn that COBL was a real crap mix its nearly in mono or say something similar. I read this what Lilywhite has said and I'm thinking fuc#in hell whats so special about the new stuff, at least WGRYWH had a decent stereo mix and not the one dimensional mixes of SYCMIOYO and COBL!

You crack me up man. Even when someone actually points out what they say is right you still try and turn it around so that you end up being right, good stuff mate!! I've never seen someone annoy everyone else on the forums as you do!!!

matt76 said:

You crack me up man. Even when someone actually points out what they say is right you still try and turn it around so that you end up being right, good stuff mate!! I've never seen someone annoy everyone else on the forums as you do!!!

Oh I don't know, I find his blinkered 90's obsession quite entertaining. ;)

matt76 said:

Hey chill man, have you nothing too add to the discussion except personal attacks on me?:huh:

all this is pretty pointless anyways. will there ever be a clear winner? shit, it's not like comparing 2 bands saying one is better than the other- it's the same fucking band! i'm glad they have as much diversity on their music as they do. their sound is always evolving. right now they're going through that stage of "4 musicians in a room" nonsense. they're in a completely different place than they were 13/14 years ago. achtung baby was not a "back to basics" album like this one and the last one.

rjhbonovox said:

Hey chill man, have you nothing too add to the discussion except personal attacks on me?:huh:

Oh come on rjhbonovox, don't take it so personal, it's just funny that you're not responding to stuff. Anyway I have plenty to add to this dicussion, in fact, oh yeah I started it!!!

Back
Top Bottom