Tracklisting Popmart DVD + Bonus DVD - here it is!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree about the bonus DVD being dull.

But then again, I have yet to view an "exciting" bonus Dvd for this or any band. It's nerd fodder.

It's like the used car salesman throwing in a couple of extra floor mats "just because he likes ya!"

dietcokeofevil said:
I have yet to view an "exciting" bonus Dvd for this or any band. It's nerd fodder.

Boston "Bonocam" was cool.

Lots of other bands have cool extra features. Check youtube for Entwistle's 1978 Shepperton "Oxcam" from The Kids Are Alright".

u2fp

I CANNOT F%$ING WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!:drool: :hyper:

this is more or less than a celebration of the ten year anniversary of the start of the tour. the official website even said so. :wink:

ahittle said:
Miami wasn't on the VHS?

The Popmart Mexico gig was filmed on 3 December 1997. Miami was last performed on 14 November 1997 in, no prizes for guessing where, Miami.

Popmartijn said:
Good. I'd hate to see you enthusiastic about U2 in general. Then something would be seriously wrong with them.

BTW, you can also go for the 1-Disc edition with just the show. :)

In that case, U2 better not release Red Rocks or some of the early proshot stuff or especially anything Lovetown on DVD. I might get more than just a wee bit excited then. I wouldn't want there to be anything wrong with U2.

And I already have the bootleg DVD of Popmart Mexico. :wink:

I'd go out and buy this one if the bonus disc actually had anything of any worth on it. Popmart's at a disadvantage anyway due to the lack of setlist variation, but they certainly could have put Bad, Miami, DYFL, and MOTD on there. Repeat tracks are just lame though.

Axver said:

Popmart's at a disadvantage anyway due to the lack of setlist variation, but they certainly could have put Bad, Miami, DYFL, and MOTD on there. Repeat tracks are just lame though.

ftw

Axver said:

Popmart's at a disadvantage anyway due to the lack of setlist variation, but they certainly could have put Bad, Miami, DYFL, and MOTD on there. Repeat tracks are just lame though.

I must agree with Axver on this. I do find it kind of lame to put repeat tracks on a bonus disc. I would have GREATLY wanted to see Miami DYFL and IGWSHA. I could care less what the others are, but I think it's a little lame to put repeat tracks on a bonus disc. It's a waste to me.

I dont know why some are complaining that Bad wasnt included. We have several official DVD versions of that anyway and the Popmart version was not an exceptional version at all.

If they had put DYFL on there they probably would have put the Las Vegas version and people probably would have complained about that because that version was broadcast and is already available. Plus it was dropped pretty early in the tour because the band didnt like it. So why would they put something on it they didnt feel worked live?

Popmart is at no more of a disadvantage setlist wise than Zoo TV. The bonus materials on the Popmart DVD blow away the Zoo TV bonus materials to me. Personally I think its probably the best bonus disc they have put together for any of their official releases so far. The songs that are on there (with the exception of Miami which I do agree should have been on there) were the songs that were indicative of that tour. MOTD and Bad do not meet that criteria for that tour and DYFL doesnt really either.

Having all but one POP song on the POPMART DVD may canabalize future sales of the POP cd(including any expanded/remixed edition of the album)

I think I'm over deluxe editions. Sure, the bonus stuff can be cool, but I never go back to watch them again, especially given my crunched time as daddyman.

It's hard to justify spending the extra knowing that I'll watch it once out of curiosity and then just pack it up.

Does anybody know what they filmed it with? That is huge for the dvd, as pop was all about the spectacle. If its like Zoo, then that's huge downer, as the video used for the zoo dvd wasn't that great. If they actually FILMED it, then we could get a high def transfer. And I don't trust the press release, they always say film or filmed, even if its video...

It's still unknown if the Popmart Mexico was videotaped in HD.

The first HD videotaped shows were Sting Hollywood Bowl 1992, Bob Dylan 30th Celebration in 1993 and Woodstock 1994.

u2fp

Last edited:
U2Fan101 said:

I must agree with Axver on this. I do find it kind of lame to put repeat tracks on a bonus disc. I would have GREATLY wanted to see Miami DYFL and IGWSHA. I could care less what the others are, but I think it's a little lame to put repeat tracks on a bonus disc. It's a waste to me.

This is just my guess, but I think the band was disappointed in their performances of those mentioned Pop tunes. That's why they dropped them from the set. I imagine they don't feel like they should include them because they don't feel like they are worthy of release.

I think this DVD sounds excellent, and it's great news were finally getting Popmart on DVD,
But i have to agree with most people here about the bonus live tracks. Do you feel loved, miami, if god will send his angels should have been included somewhere here. Also another version of Mofo even? I think had these been included it would of made the Popmart DVD complete, and probably made it there best DVD release to date. I can't see there being a time in the future where they will release these songs so they should of put them on this dvd.

It was an absolute tragedy that they left Ultra Violet and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses off the ZOO TV DVD because i think they also would of made that dvd complete and gave a good retrospective of the ZOO TV era Achtung baby tracks. Now the same has happened here with popmart.
How many versions of Streets, One and mysterious ways do we need?

11th official DVD release of With or Without You.

1) R&H(+HDDVD release)
2) 80-90 VHS
3) U2:18 DVD
4) Milan '05
5) Chicago '05
6) Boston '01
7) Slane '01
8) Sydney '93
9) JT Classic Albums
10) Popmart Mexico
11) Popmart Edmonton

StoneRoses said:
I think this DVD sounds excellent, and it's great news were finally getting Popmart on DVD,
But i have to agree with most people here about the bonus live tracks. Do you feel loved, miami, if god will send his angels should have been included somewhere here. Also another version of Mofo even? I think had these been included it would of made the Popmart DVD complete, and probably made it there best DVD release to date. I can't see there being a time in the future where they will release these songs so they should of put them on this dvd.

Well, several people have indicated why including myself. I agree, Miami should have been on there as it was played for alot of Popmart. DYFL and IGWSHA were only played a few times. IGWSHA was done once in full form and was very ragged. Why would they release a song officially they didnt feel they performed well and never tried again in that fashion as a result? They wouldnt. They didnt think DYFL worked live, its why it was dropped very early in the tour. I dont think many are complaining about the full band version of Staring At the Sun not being on the bonus disc? I think the reason is because it wasnt very good and the band never really got it down. Apply that to the songs being mentioned because its the same principle.

Your other examples of Ultraviolet and Wild Horses from Zoo have a little more merit as they were performed at almost every show for two legs on Zoo and they had those versions down. But its not the same thing comparing those as the equivelant of DYFL and IFWSHA not being on there. Not even close. :shrug:

both versions are up at amazon.com, no info on there yet and not sure which link is which edition... but on both it says DVD Release Date: June 26, 2007!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Popmart-Live-...4-6197450?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1177706751&sr=1-5

http://www.amazon.com/Popmart-Live-...4-6197450?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1177706751&sr=1-6

finally, about time :yes: :rockon:

I wish everyone would quit their bitchin an moaning... at least we finally have an official DVD Set coming with sound and remastered video to blow the vhs tape away. I can't wait to throw my dvd bootleg versions away, bye bye! I'm happy to see the stuff on the bonus disc including Rotterdam, Edmondon 6/14/97 (6/15/97 is on pro dvd bootleg but 6/14/97 isn't ) and LNOE remix, docuentaries(i haven't seen the others besides the Sarajevo one).. If you aren't happy, acquire the 2 dvd sets of Las Vegas 4/25/97 and Santiago 2/11/98 (both are superb bootleg dvd sets IMO) and do/don't buy this DVD Set. You can't always get what you want. You could make up your own dvd mix with all the footage available.

U2FanPeter said:
11th official DVD release of With or Without You.

1) R&H(+HDDVD release)
2) 80-90 VHS
4) Milan '05
5) Chicago '05
6) Boston '01
7) Slane '01
8) Sydney '93
9) JT Classic Albums
10) Popmart Mexico
11) Popmart Edmonton

Mate get ur facts together , Since when a VHS is a dvd ?

Plus wowy isn't in Chicago , and where's a dvd video of it from edmonton ?

Anyway bout the dvd , much much better than the zoo dvd

This dvd is almost perfect

Last edited:
10th official home video release of With or Without You.

1) R&H(+HDDVD release)
2) 80-90 VHS/VCD
4) Milan '05
5) Boston '01
6) Boston disc #2
7) Slane '01
8) Sydney '93
9) JT Classic Albums
10) Popmart Mexico
(Upcoming Imax Film could be #11???????????)

WOWY was played at Chicago #4 May 2005, but not the DVD. Edmonton WOWY was on the PLASE cd single, but no video.

u2fp

Last edited:
U2FanPeter said:

WOWY was played at Chicago #4 May 2005, but not the DVD. Edmonton WOWY was on the PLASE cd single, but no video.

u2fp

:scratch: What does Chicago 4 have to do with the official Chicago DVD? There isnt official video/DVD or audio of Chicago 4? Also, Edmonton was on a single, but there is no official DVD or video of it at this point. Isnt that what we are discussing here? You start listing all audio releases also and alot of songs have been released multiple times live officially. :shrug:

Please / Where The Streets Have No Name / Discoth?que / If You Wear That Velvet Dress
All recorded live at Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam on 18th July 1997

PLEASE - 6 official video releases: Mexico, Rotterdam, Oslo, MTV 1997 MVA live performance, music video

STREETS - 9 official video releases: R&H, Sydney, Chicago, Boston, 80-90, U2:18, Mexico, Rotterdam, and Slane. 10 if it's included on the IMAX film

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me / Mysterious Ways / One
All recorded live at Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton on 14th June 1997

MW - 7 prior video releases: Sydney, U2:18, 90-00, Slane, Chicago, Mexico and Edmonton. 8 if it's it's included on the IMAX film

ONE - 8 prior video releases: Sydney, Mexico, 3 videos on AB VHS, 90-00, Slane, U2:18, Corbijn DVD(alt edit) and Live 8. 9 if it's included in the IMAX film.

Is this a poor use of bonus material or is U2 making doubly sure that fans buy the DVD because of familiar songs?

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom