Tour cancelled!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not U2 of course, but Janet Jackson.

The younger sister of Michael has decided to call off her European tour "in light of events on September 11". Apparently, she "could not forgive herself if someone got hurt".

Now, call me a pedant if you want, but didn't these attacks happen in America? And wouldn't being out of the country lessen the chance of anything like that happening again?

What do you lot think? Logically, what it should mean is less people going to America... but the reverse is happening.

Sorry to bring this all up again!

I think she is really burnt out.
She cancelled several of her concerts in america before the attacks ever happened.

So who knows.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Interesting..
I sort of hate Janet Jackson anyway.. but that sucks for her fans.

i was hoping for more of a debate on the thinking behind it, not that it sucks for her fans
smile.gif

but anyway...

usually i behave you see. i'm just feeling a tad frisky tonight (don't get any ideas mr!).

and you don't really wanna mess with me sweetheart...'cause you see, i simply "hit 'em where it hurts"...in the balls that is.
wink.gif

Originally posted by TripThruUreWires:
usually i behave you see. i'm just feeling a tad frisky tonight (don't get any ideas mr!).

and you don't really wanna mess with me sweetheart...'cause you see, i simply "hit 'em where it hurts"...in the balls that is.
wink.gif

if that's the case, you won't have too much trouble hitting them.

wahey!!
smile.gif

and ivan, you can say fuck. we are all big boys and girls here

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:

Now, call me a pedant if you want, but didn't these attacks happen in America? And wouldn't being out of the country lessen the chance of anything like that happening again?

B]

I don't think that America was/is the only target of these assholes. I believe the coalition that has been built is 100 countries long. English and American troops are supposedly on Afghan soil. If there is anything that I've learned from this whole shit is that nothing will ever surprise me.

CK

I heard on the radio that lots of people are hesitating before participating in gatherings such as concerts...

Honestly, if security is what it should be, there's no reason to put things on pause. First Godsmack cancels due to their hesitance to fly, now this...

I mean if you're in a band, you can't put off air travel for very long... private jets would work
wink.gif

------------------
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." -- Jesse Jackson

I ride on a boat with 2,500 other people across NYC harbor everyday on my way to Midtown Manhatten. When its your time to go, its your time to go. And I'm going to try and go to all 3 MSG shows..so help me God.

CK

I read in the paper today that the government issued a warning to American travelers. Apparently there have been plots to abduct Americans who are visiting other countries. Maybe her tour cancellation is in response to this.

Bullet, I was thinking about that announcement also today. I'm not really interested in JJ's tour, but being a diehard U2 fan, I instantly made the comparison to the remaining U2 shows that were being sold out as fast as Ticketmaster could go. I have to respect her decision to protect people's safety, but at the same time, U2 is performing at least 4 shows in the N.Y. area, and many of the major cities in the U.S. If there were concerts to be afraid of, it would be those. I'm going to two of the N.Y. shows, as not many things would stop me from attending these performances. It's partly because of seeing the band again, but mostly out of sheer defiance of letting terrorism and fear destroy the things that bring us joy. Apparently a lot of other people felt the same way because the shows sold out in minutes as usual. I have to give a lot of credit to both U2 and us fans for continuing on with the shows, especially in the current "police state" of NYC, because it says to those who would rob us of our spirit;
NO WAY!

hello the U2, if you come back to this thread....sounds like you are in NYC or nearby. The Bangarra Dance Company from Australia are performing( somewhere in Brooklyn I think) during the next 2 weeks. Do yourself a favour. The Page brothers, one the choreographer, one the musician, the dancers, the simplicity of their staging...just brilliant IMHO. Do yourself a favour, check them out if you can
smile.gif
The dances that are inspired by central Australia are powerful, but I love the rhythm and the colour of the northern islands. I hope you get to see it Bangarra and U2.

woops... hi bullet the blue sky....just borrowed your thread to do a plug for some aussie talent.
I know of a couple of bands who cancelled, but mostly the show is going on.

Back
Top Bottom