Total Elevation Setlist (to date) Compiled...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I was curious to see how many, and what songs the band has played on this tour so far. This includes all covers, clips snippets, etc. All cut and pasted from U2TOURS.COM (obviously) Anything left off??Here they are:

1. Elevation
2. Beautiful Day
3. Until the End of the World
4. New Year's Day
5. Stuck In A Moment
6. Gone
7. Discotheque
8. Staring at the Sun
9. New York
10. I Will Follow
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Sweetest Thing
13. In A Little While
14. Ground Beneath Her Feet
15. Bad
16. Where the Streets Have No Name
17. Mysterious Ways
18. The Fly
19. Bullet the Blue Sky
20, With or Without You
21, One
22. Walk On
23. Angel of Harlem
24. Gone
25. Even Better Than the Real Thing
26. All I Want Is You
27. Pride
28. Kite
29. Stay
30. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
31. Out of Control
32. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
33. Party Girl
34. Wild Honey
35. Running to Stand Still
36. Spanish Eyes,
37. Wake Up Dead Man
38. Please
39. Slow Dancing
40. A Sort of Homecoming

Snippits/Covers/Clips:

1. Get Up Stand Up
2. Devil Inside
3. Sympathy For the Devil
4. Unchained Melody
5. Sexual Healing
6. Losing My Religion
7. Everybody Hurts
8. The Ocean
9. Love Is Blindness
10. Amazing Grace
11. I Remember You
12. I Walk The Line
13. In God's Country
14. Ruby Tuesday
15. Drive My Car
16. Twist and Shout
17. Happy Birthday
18. Birthday
19. Mr. Tambourine Man
20. Forever Young
21. She's a Mystery To Me
22. Norwegian Wood
23. Young Americans
24. Help,
25. In My Life
26. Hawkmoon 269
27. People Get Ready
28. Hallelujah ,
29. We Could Have It All
30. Wild Horses
31. Gloria
32. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
33. When I Get Home
34. Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
35. Love Will Tear Us Apart
36. Could You Be Loved
37. Yellow
38. London Calling
39. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
40. 40
41. Dancing in the Moonlight
42. What's Going On
43. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
44. All Along the Watchtower

New Songs:

1. We Love You (?!?)

------------------
"...I'll see you again, when the stars fall from the sky, and the the moon has turned red over One Tree Hill..."

NYC RIP

Snippets-Allison, Pump it Up-from Boston-in honor of Elvis Costello being there

I think there was an Aerosmith snippet too then-but I'm so tired I can't remember...

Very cool!!
biggrin.gif
I have had the pleasure of hearing all but 8 songs on the list (didn't count the snippets/covers etc...).
Hopefully in Vegas though I'll catch some of them, like 'ISHFWILF', 'Party Girl', 'Wild Honey', 'Please', 'Slow Dancing'!!

Ok, I am greedy
biggrin.gif

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
I think there was an Aerosmith snippet too then-but I'm so tired I can't remember...

I think you're right. At Boston 4, Bono added a snippet of some Aerosmith song that i don't know the words of (so forgive me as I mutilate it) like "hey, hey [insert proper word here, I thought it was either 'dude' or 'you'] looks like a lady..."
biggrin.gif

-sula-forgive-me-for-my-lack-of-Aerosmith-knowledge-but-it's-U2-I-like-wesigirl4

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I think you're right. At Boston 4, Bono added a snippet of some Aerosmith song that i don't know the words of (so forgive me as I mutilate it) like "hey, hey [insert proper word here, I thought it was either 'dude' or 'you'] looks like a lady..."
biggrin.gif

Yes-that's it, I believe-'Dude Looks Like A Lady' is the name of the song.

Aerosmith are 'fans' of U2 and went to the show and the after party-so that's why Bono threw that in! Thanks Sula.
smile.gif

I'm not sure if it's even enough to qualify as a "snippet," but at many of the shows I've been to Bono and Edge allude to Radiohead's "Creep." Just before the house lights get turned off and the "A mole/living in a hole" part, Bono sings, "won't you tell me something new/I believe in you" then a moment of silence, then "But I'm a creep!" and Edge's guitar bursts sound almost exactly like the parts in "Creep."

Has anyone else noticed this? (I know they did it at Cleveland and Pittsburgh, and Buffalo, I think.)

They also did a snippet of that New Radicals song, the one that goes,"Don't give up, you've got the music in you". He did a few snippets of it in Chicago after Stuck In A Moment.
smile.gif
I can't remember what it's called at the moment..

------------------
it's no secret that a liar won't believe anyone else

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
They also did a snippet of that New Radicals song, the one that goes,"Don't give up, you've got the music in you". He did a few snippets of it in Chicago after Stuck In A Moment.
smile.gif
I can't remember what it's called at the moment..

You Get What You Give

Don't give up, you've got a reason to live
Can't forget, you only get what you give

Do you have MOLLY MALONE? I didn't see it, but then again I'm very tired. Just checkin'.

Performed during "Bad", part of the song, maybe a good minute from ND 3rd leg..

What is amazing is that if we were shown this list prior to the tour and were told U2 would be performing all of these songs/covers/snippets at some point on the tour. 99.9% of use would have been very happy. Yet, we still have the setlist critics. I saw 8 shows and all 8 had different setlists on this tour. I have never had that happen on a U2 tour and I have seen them 24 times since 1987. This tour kicks ass!

Originally posted by Blue Room:
What is amazing is that if we were shown this list prior to the tour and were told U2 would be performing all of these songs/covers/snippets at some point on the tour. 99.9% of use would have been very happy. Yet, we still have the setlist critics. I saw 8 shows and all 8 had different setlists on this tour. I have never had that happen on a U2 tour and I have seen them 24 times since 1987. This tour kicks ass!

DAMN RIGHT IT DOES!!!!

I also just checked u2tours.com and each of the four shows I've seen, they played at least 20 songs. My Irish luck!!!!!!! Until the End of the World X 4!!!

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

In Albany, NY, during Bad, Bono sang snippets of "Time Is On My Side" by the Stones, but changed the lyrics to "Time is not on my side." During the same song, he sang a line or two from "The Drugs Don't Work" by The Verve. Both these snippets, I believe, were alluding to the fact that Bono was very ill that night. Fortunately, the show went on, and it was the best I've seen on this tour so far. Very emotional.

Originally posted by rcoleman15:
I'm not sure if it's even enough to qualify as a "snippet," but at many of the shows I've been to Bono and Edge allude to Radiohead's "Creep." Just before the house lights get turned off and the "A mole/living in a hole" part, Bono sings, "won't you tell me something new/I believe in you" then a moment of silence, then "But I'm a creep!" and Edge's guitar bursts sound almost exactly like the parts in "Creep."

Has anyone else noticed this? (I know they did it at Cleveland and Pittsburgh, and Buffalo, I think.)

Yep, they did it in Miami. Nice touch!

True True True, thanx for the additions.

I also agree with Blue Room that if we had read this list previous to the tour, there would be no setlist complainers (like myself)...

Back
Top Bottom