Top Quality Yahoo! reporting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Laurence is his name, just as they said David Evans, instead of Dave or Edge. This is using their legal names. Bono legally had his name changed.

bsp77 said:
Bono legally had his name changed.

Nope, his legal name is still Paul Hewson. Bono's a nickname/stagename only. All of their contracts, his passport, other legal documents use his birth name.

bsp77 said:
Laurence is his name, just as they said David Evans, instead of Dave or Edge. This is using their legal names. Bono legally had his name changed.

Aww right, thought they got it wrong :( Mind you thats the first I've ever heard larry referred to as laurence :|

biff said:

Nope, his legal name is still Paul Hewson. Bono's a nickname/stagename only. All of their contracts, his passport, other legal documents use his birth name.

And if you have the R&H Outtakes DVDs, watch the clips where Bono has just dislocated his shoulder in Washington, DC. When they get to Washington Hospital Center, the nurse asks Bono his name, address, social security number......He says, "Paul Hewson," and then the film cuts off. :lol: Of course, he may have had it changed since then, I dunno.

Bones58 said:

Aww right, thought they got it wrong :( Mind you thats the first I've ever heard larry referred to as laurence :|

well his name is spelled Lawrence, so you can still call them idiots

I've heard it as both Lawrence and Laurence, but I'm pretty sure it's Lawrence... Bono and Edge call him Lardence aswell (Unf. Fire doc)

Back
Top Bottom