Top 5 U2 songs to...cry to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
October

MLK

Sometimes

Love is blindness

The unforgettable fire

isabelle_guns said:
1. One
2. Kite
3. In a Little While
4. Sometimes
5. Stay

what she said
except strike One and add Love Is Blindness

...and in no particular order

Sometimes makes me cry every time when I see it live because I'm just a giant softie like that.

1. One Tree Hill
2. Mothers Of The Disappeared

That's all I've got.

good topic...

One Tree Hill (get's me every time)
Kite (ditto)
Bad
The First Time (pure musical meloncholegic bliss)

stay (live accoustic)
kite
all i want is you
sometimes
one

sometimes you cannot make it on your own...especially live.

Streets...live, because I love it so much

COBL...live, brought tears to my eyes..both by emotion and excitment

Love is Blindness. Live.

One.

Wake Up Dead Man.

Stay.

Stuck in a Moment, Running to Stand Still, and Bad all resonate a little too well with me. Add those to the list.

Running to Stand Still
The First Time
Kite from Slane
So Cruel
If God Will Send His Angels (Single)

I had a major cry with Bad once. The desperation of a man ripped in two, trying so hard to build himself back...

otherwise, hmm, A Sort of Homecoming, Gloria, Streets, and The First Time.

I've never cried to a U2 song, but if for some reason I had to I would probably put these songs on.

1.Kite
2.Mercy
3.Stay
4.Staring at the Sun
5.Original of the Species

Last edited:
Kite
One
Running To Stand Still from ZoOTV
With Or Without You

the live intro and outro of Streets always gives me goosebumps, is that close enough?

It depends on the type of crying. There are certain aspects of U2's music that make me cry sad tears, and some that make me cry...well I can't explain the latter. The first time I heard New Year's Day, I cried when I heard The Edge's piano. It was just such an amazing melody that it pushed me to the verge of tears. And then there was the first time I saw the Rattle and Hum movie...when the lights came on during the intro, I bawled. It was just such a powerful scene. So I don't know what I'd call that. Crying from "the awesome," maybe? :wink:

As for sad songs:

Love Is Blindness
One Tree Hill
Wake Up Dead Man (I'm alone in this world...)
Running To Stand Still (particularly Zoo TV version...the Hallelujahs get me all the time)
Kite

In no particular order...

1. Kite
2. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
3. Peace On Earth
4. If God Will Send His Angels
5. One Step Closer (this one kinda got me misty-eyed a couple times when hearing it. The other four, I have actually cried when listening to them before).

Angela

Kite is the only song I have ever cried to, but I was crying before I put on and it just made me so emotional. Watching it live at Slane and the volume up made me go close, while THAT transition...

in no order:

1. One Tree Hill
2. Bad
3. Running to Stand Still
4. Elvis Presley and America
5. Mothers of the Disappeared

i cry at the sublime, meaning that when you hear something, usually live, suddenly more meaning than you ever thought possible splits open in front of you and the world is suddenly a different and bigger and better place.

so, with that in mind, i'd say:

1. streets
2. cobl
3. bad
4. ishfwilf
5. kite

Back
Top Bottom