Top 5 most underrated U2 songs EVER!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can do about
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what everybody knows
Never in conflict
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone

that is sex right there...:drool: :drool:

Elvis Pressley and America, is such a dreamy song, its takes you into places at random but at a leisurly pace. It's quite clear it's filler because it just isn't something a band who were really beginning to make a name for themselves like U2 would put in an album at that time. But damn is it atmospheric:drool:

Gone - popular here, but not out in the real world...

Promenade - Bono's songwriting at it's best

Running to Stand Still - again, Bono's songwriting at it's best, popular among fans, played on many tours (every version basically as good as the next), but not popular in the real world

Like a Song - just plain rocks

The Ground Beneath Her Feet - why was this not on an album?

A Sort Of Homecoming- Great in studio and live. Has some of Bono's greatest lyrics.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own- takes its share of lumps around here. I think its a beautiful song with Bono spilling his heart out to us.

promenade: i can't put it better than canadiens did so i'll just second his comments :)
running to stand still: a beautiful song that doesn't get the praise it deserves.
even better than the real thing: yes i realise this was a single and all, but it generally gets slagged off on here more than it gets praised. and in press and such, it pretty much gets ignored.
shadows and tall trees: this song isn't the weakest on boy or anything like that. i mean i wouldn't say it's my favourite on the album, but it's not as terrible as some seem to think.
all of october: this album, imo, isn't nearly as bad as people say it is.

Zooropa.

This is by far my absolute favorite U2 song. Ever.

There are just so many different levels to it. It's absolutely amazing.

BlackElectric said:
Zooropa.

This is by far my absolute favorite U2 song. Ever.

There are just so many different levels to it. It's absolutely amazing.

:applaud:

"Zooropa" nearly made my top 5, but I had to put "Babyface" and "The Playboy Mansion" there instead, just because those two songs are unfairly mistreated by most of the fans...:slant:

Two shots
Night and Day(it's unrecognizable as a Cole Porter tune)
Sweet Fire of Love(it's got all 4 members) A fun track that radio still plays here in Vancouver
Name of the Father(solo cut but was snippetted in 2005)
Running to a Standstill(same echelon as BAD)

Not in my top five but I'll list a few more.

When I look at the World
Promenade
New York
One Step Closer
If You Wear that Velvet Dress

The one that really stands out in my mind is Drowning Man. The strings and acoustic guitar make for a powerful atmospheric track. I also am fond of Miami, mostly owing to Adam's bassline.

1. So Cruel
2. Running To Stand Still
3. Drowning Man
4. Do You Feel Loved
5. In A Little While

Axver said:

I'm not sure if the 1987 Sun Studios version would be classified as a demo. It's from the same session that Angel Of Harlem on the RAH movie is from. They did five songs that day ... I think they were Angel Of Harlem, When Love Comes To Town, Desire, She's A Mystery To Me, and ... Can't Help Falling In Love? I'm not sure on the fifth one.

Jesus Christ? :wink:

Anyhow, to contribute to this thread in a more relevant fashion I have composed the following list:

Love Comes Tumbling
The Three Sunrises
Walk To The Water
Some Days Are Better Than Others
Twilight

Wow! This was really tough for me as there are a bunch of underrated U2 songs that I think are better than most of the singles they have released, but here goes anyway:

1)Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
-How I wish this song was on the ZooTV DVD...

2)Walk To The Water
-Featuring one of my favorite vocal parts from Bono, "Let me love you, LET ME......"-----GREATNESS!!!

3)The First Time
-Cried my eyes out "The First Time" I heard it, really related to it.

4)Promenade
-Great lyrics, beautiful music, really takes you to that "Spiral Staircase"

5)Miami
-Such a ballsy song, love that experimental side of the band.....and that bass line....:drool:

Back
Top Bottom