Top 5 Bass Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Well, we had The Edge, so how about Adam on the bass guitar?

1. Bullet the Blue Sky
2. With or Without You
3. Miracle Drug
4. City of Blinding Lights
5. Acrobat

1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Do You Feel Loved
3. Gone
4. Love and Peace or Else
5. With or Without You

1. Gloria
2. God Part II
3. New Year's Day
4. Love And Peace Or Else
5. And I have a thing for ... Lost On A Silent Planet

Honourable mention to City Of Blinding Lights. I really can't choose between it and LAPOE but LAPOE shook the house more live, so ...

Mofo
Do You Feel Loved
New Year's Day
With Or Without You
Some Days Are Better Than Others

LIES. All of you.

1. Lemon
2. Mofo
3. Some Days are Better than Others
4. God Part II
5. Gloria

How come no one mentioned Velvet dress? :huh: I assumed it would be everyone's number one :wink:
..it is mine.
1. velvet dress
2. new years day
3. mysterious ways
4. ISHWILF
5. Love and peace or else

Bullet? While the bass sounds cool in bullet, it's the same 4 notes played over and over for 5 minutes, and it's not a difficult pattern to follow.
New Years' Day, which also quite repetitive, is a bit more inventive and has been imitated by other bands (See "No Brakes" by The Bravery).
Gloria is awesome. Period.
My wildcard pick, so to speak, would be Twilight, where the bass is quite integral to the musical structure of the song.

Also...Exit, while just as repetitive as Bullet, is simply the coolest, most bad ass bass I have ever heard...especially right after the "my love...." part.

City Of Blinding Lights
Do You Feel Loved
New Year's Day
Mysterious Ways
Please

HM: Where The Streets Have No Name, Last Night On Earth, Zoo Station, Gone, Love And Peace Or Else, With Or Without You, I Still Haven't Found, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own...

1. Please
2. Lemon
3. Mofo
4. New Year's Day
5. Love Comes Tumbling

NYD for sure, Vertigo (it's practically all that carries the verses beyond Bono's voice), I dunno, I'm not good at bass stuff, lmao, but I know those 2 are good. ;)

Ifeelnumb84 said:

New Years' Day, which also quite repetitive, is a bit more inventive and has been imitated by other bands (See "No Brakes" by The Bravery).

Yeah, I totally noticed that. The Bravery are catchy as hell but they're one of the most unoriginal bands ever.

As for Adam... no way I could narrow it down to just five. He has so many insanely good basslines. I'd have to say his best bassline is New Year's Day, though. His best album is definitely Pop... the bass on every fucking one of those songs is fantastic. Especially Discotheque, Do You Feel Loved, Mofo, Gone, Miami, If You Wear That Velvet Dress, and Please.

Some of his best non-Pop basslines imo are Streets, WOWY, Exit, Lemon, MW, Acrobat, Vertigo, Gloria, Seconds, Like a Song, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Stateless, and A Man and a Woman.

Adam rules. People don't realize how much the rhythm section contributes to the overall sound of U2.

Ifeelnumb84 said:

Not to mention that the very start of New Year's Day's bass is one of the most famous parts of any U2 song and sure gets a thunderous reaction live.

A Man And A Woman
City Of Blinding Lights
Love and Peace Or Else
New Years Day
With or Without You

HTDAAB's bass is just:drool:

Nube Gris said:
A Man And A Woman
City Of Blinding Lights
Love and Peace Or Else
New Years Day
With or Without You

HTDAAB's bass is just:drool:

Goddam right. :up::drool:

I'd say it's his best bass album since Pop, but now owning Pop, I can't. :wink:

-With or Without you
-Lemon
-Love and Peace or Else
-New Year's Day
-Mysterious Ways

I can't believe no one else has mentioned Love Comes Tumbling yet! Just listen to it with a good set of headphones at around 2:00 - 2:20, as well as the outro. That is some cool bass! Adam does some great work at the end of Levitate as well.

1. Gloria
2. Lemon
3. Love and Peace or Else
4. New Year's Day
5. With or Without You

the bass on lemon :drool:

Back
Top Bottom