Top 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Fly(Vertigo Tour, especially the opening night. Guy plays the song with an semiacoustic guitar. ACOUSTIC.)
Love is Blindness(ZooTV, in particular the version from Birmingham, June 1st 1992)
Bullet the Blue Sky(ZooTV tour)
Acrobat
Mysterious Ways(live)

1. Acrobat
2. The Fly
3. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (live)
4. Streets (live, JT tour)
5. Gone

1. Until the end of the world
2. Wire
3. Acrobat
4. The Fly
5. Gone

These are the ones I can think of immediately. This was very hard. Left out many good ones. :sad:

:wink:

Ok, top 5 Edge moments..............

1. The Fly, Elevation Boston ( One of my favorite solos ever)
2. Bullet The Blue Sky, Any day of the week:wink:
3. One Tree Hill, 26th of December 1989
4. God Part 2 Live ( Edge plays the blues, REALLY plays the blues)
5. Love Is Blindness live ( Unbelievable, how do you do that?)

(no order)
The Fly - Elevation Boston
Wire
Mysterious Ways - Dublin 28th Aug. '93
Electric Co. - Under a Blood Red Sky LP
Mofo - Popmart Mexico City

Love is Blindness - Before this song I didn't really hear guitar sounds as emotions
Bullet The Blue Sky - The sound of El Salvador
With Or Without You - So different to every other guitar sound
Unitl The End Of The World - Just plain cool!
Vertigo - One of the best riffs

Last edited:
1. The Fly
2. Bullet the Blue Sky
3. Where the Streets Have No Name
4. I Will Follow
5. Vertigo

The Fly - it's just the ultimate in cool

Bullet - it just sounds like war

With or Without You - soley on the fact that he was able to turn a simple yet absolutely unique piece into a hit. Never before WOWY has the radio ever had a song structure like that.

I Will Follow - simple yet powerful and reconizable from the get go, bands are still trying to emulate that sound and can't quite do it.

Gone - it just rocks...

The fly
Until the end of the world
With or without you
All because of you
Kite

Until the End of the World (I'm thinking particularly of the RRHOF performance, which made me jump up off the couch)

Recent performances of Out of Control and The Electric Co (as much energy as 25 years ago!)

The Fly--album version (Edge's guitar at the beginning was the first bold statement of the Achtung Baby era, as the song was the first single)

Last Night On Earth (symbolizes the Pop era for me--a song you can dance to, but it still rocks!)

Edge is on fire on the latest album, too, playing with the most energy since I'd say Achtung Baby. Hearing Vertigo and City of Blinding Lights for the first time amazed me.

Honorable mention (Edge's finest non-guitar moment): the dance he does in the Lemon video

Desire, live from 1/10/1990
Bullet The Blue Sky, Zoo TV
All Along The Watchtower, Lovetown
The Fly
If You Wear That Velvet Dress

love is blindness - his innocent RED guitar tone
bad - what can i say?
stay
nyd
velvet dress

1. The Fly - That riff is just amazing, it might be an easy riff to play and all of that but still, amazing. I love what he plays at the verses after the first chorus, it's very heavy! The bridge that leads to the solo is the most rocking U2 bridge ever, just awesome! The solo is perfect, melodic, cool and long! The second solo at the end makes the song perfect in my opinion, the song culminates when he plays that part.

2. Bullet The Blue Sky (Live) - Just amazing, great way to start with that big fucking BANG, extremely rock n' roll. The riff with the slide is simply (Like The Fly's riff) one of the best rock n' roll riffs ever! Supremely cool. I love the wah-wah at the verses and when Edge starts playing through his guitar what Bono is saying with his lyrics. The solo might be his best, at the same time that it incorporates the classic rock solo it's just very original and aggressive. I prefer the ending like they did in Zoo TV and the Elevation Tour. With the slide creating the amazing sound as if the world is coming to an end. Art mixed with rock n' roll.

3. The Electric Co. - A work of art itself, very interesting riffs all around this song. Very complex song in my opinion. Catchy and metallic sounding. It's just a perfect guitar song. The solo is a perfect Edge solo, it's not just a typical rock solo, it's more than that, he creates a whole new moment for the song. The ending riff with the drums is perhaps the best ending of a U2 song and that's saying a lot cause they have amazing endings.

4. Please - As complex as The Electric Co. but in a different way. Again, not necessarily a difficult song to play but very interesting sounds, it's Edge creating new sounds a and landscapes in the middle of the 90's just like he did through the 80's. The solo at the end creates another perfect U2 climatic ending.

5. New Year's Day - I just love the mix of the melodic piano with the electric and metallic sounds of the guitar. The guitar sounds on that song is has a very metallic and kick ass sound to it. The solo is awesome too, Edge not trying to be flashy just being melodic and creating an important part of the song just like his backing vocals at the chorus.

1- until the end of the world
2- Where the streets have no name
3-With or without you
4- The Fly
5- Bullet the blue sky

Back
Top Bottom