Top 11 Lamest U2 Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i wont slag this guy off too much, because i quite like his top 11.
I cant take his list seriously, how can you possibly include Gone, Mofo, love is blindness, bullet and wake up dead man??????
There 5 of my all time faves!!
Also, how can walk on be number 11, it should be number 1!!!!!
:giggle:

An Cat Gav said:
i wont slag this guy off too much, because i quite like his top 11.
I cant take his list seriously, how can you possibly include Gone, Mofo, love is blindness, bullet and wake up dead man??????
There 5 of my all time faves!!
Also, how can walk on be number 11, it should be number 1!!!!!
:giggle:

LOL. Exactly what I was thinking. He has some good ideas for his top 11, but his bottom 11 is just...:huh:

I stopped taking this guy seriously when he said that Mofo was the disappointing opener to the Pop album. Check your facts next time before you make a list like that. LOL I also really disagree with all of his choices (except for Miami if he's going with the album version).

I'll list my 11, in no particular order
  • Discotheque - Kitch, but ultimately pointless
  • Jesus Christ - Silly, hoe-down of a cover
  • Babyface - Wank-off of a song
  • A Day Without Me - Hello 1980!
  • The Refugee - Oh hell no - WAHH HEY OHHH
  • Some Days Are Better Than Others - Bono brings his kindergarden poetry to U2
  • Trash, Trampoline and the Party Girl - nein
  • Love and Peace Or Else - U2 is not Franz Ferdinand, get your 1930s Metropolis guitar tone out of here Edge
  • Heartland - Don't try to be subtle now
  • Tower of Song - Nice try
  • Walk On - Gushing like an old grandmother

Last edited:
I agree with him on Trip Through Your Wires. Such a dire song, especially next to the masterpieces that the JT holds.

hmm, the only U2 song I think comes anywhere close to being lame would be Playboy Mansion
mostly because the lyrics try so much to be clever (or "ironic" even) that it just pains me

I'll put this list on my "Top 11 Lamest Lists" list

I disagree with every single point he attempts to make

"Mofo" was the opener to the disappointing Pop album,

if he's gonna trash the song, atleast get the facts straight.

I don't agree with most of the choices, but some like Trip Through You Wires I can see.

u2 dont have 11 lame songs anyway, so that list was dead in the water before it even started.

My 11 are

Zooropa
Numb
BabyFace
Dirty Day
Daddy's Gonna Pay For....
Stay
Crumbs on your table
Mofo
Discotheque
Miami
Playboy Mansion

My 11:

11. The Playboy Mansion - Not a bad song especially but nothing clever and vocally especially pretty boring.

10. Peace On Earth - There's a pattern with all a few of the songs on my list. Bono can get lazy and just write verses to songs where the last couple words are repeated, and that substitutes for an actual chorus. How many times is Peace on Earth is repeated? About the same as New York and Miami. Hawkmoon is the only song where I like that style of songwriting. I wish B had never done it again. And then listing out the names of the victims of the bombing, it's a nice message but doesn't make for a good song.

09. New York - The middle 8 is pretty good, and Edge's guitar work is interesting. But the subject matter and the damn repetition of "new york" makes the song not work over all for me.

08. Holy Joe - Silly. I don't like silly U2.

07. Wake Up Deadman - Not a big Pink Floyd fan. Next.

06. Babyface - I actually kind of enjoy the sardonic lyrics, but the early 90's r&b overtones kill this one for me.

05. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car - Pointless.

04. When Love Comes To Town - Not a blues fan. I certainly
appreciate BB King's place in history and his talent is non debatable, but I just don't think he sounds good with the band. I want to hear bono and Edge, not BB and Lucille.

03. Boy/Girl - Juvenille and pretentious. You can tell Bono said to himself "I need to write an art rock song." And here it is.

02. Miami - This one's got it all, a lack of chorus, dated subject matter coupled with dated music, a boring topic and bland vocals. Should be number one except there's still:

01. Numb - Sorry Edge. I don't wanna hear you mumble into a mic for some 4 odd minutes. I dig the lyrics, but hate the delivery. The sliding on the fretboard seems lazy to me though I'm sure it's truely not. The ambient sounds add nothing and subbing a drum machine for the founding member of your band sucks. Oh, and B, you singing in a falsey is like me owning a platinum rolex and setting it with cubic zirconia diamels.

wow interesting choices....here are mine

1)red light
2)The Refugee
3)babyface
4)a man and a woman
5)sometimes you can't make......:blahblah:
6)wild honey
7)city of binding lights
8)stuck in a moment
9)elevation
10)vertigo
11).............

11. Vertigo
10. Elevation
9. Walk On
8. Kite
7. When Love Comes To Town
6. Lemon
5. Peace On Earth
4. Jesus Christ
3. Elvis Ate America
2. Stuck In A Moment
1. In A Little While

xaviMF22 said:
wow interesting choices....here are mine

1)red light
2)The Refugee
3)babyface
4)a man and a woman
5)sometimes you can't make......:blahblah:
6)wild honey
7)city of binding lights
8)stuck in a moment
9)elevation
10)vertigo
11).............

:lmao:

70% of that list is from the 00s. :shame:

Have you people lost your minds??? Some of you are putting 'Walk On' on your own lists??? That's absurd. Not only does it not deserve to be on that list but it should be on EVERY list of U2's BEST songs. You just can't beat the single version with the piano version. It's tremendous.

Some of you old-timers are so determined to dump on any song after 2000 that you make yourselves look like fools. Get over it. The 80's and 90's are over....just be glad this band is still making music.

WalkOnTheEdge said:
Have you people lost your minds??? Some of you are putting 'Walk On' on your own lists??? That's absurd. Not only does it not deserve to be on that list but it should be on EVERY list of U2's BEST songs.

WalkOnTheEdge is right, everyone. Shame on you all for disliking what is U2's best song, like, ever. :tsk: Shame on you all for having an opinion. :tsk:

Quick, someone find a stake and some kerosene. You will all burn for your sins against 2000 era U2! Repent!

my choices

lemon, numb, daddy's gonna pay, red light, the refugee, elvis ate america, stuck in a moment, all because of you, miami, desire, fire

I LOVE WALK ON, Stuck in a Moment (especially the Acustic Version) and I Like All because of You.

Screwtape2 said:
I suppose picking on 00's era U2 is more honorable than picking on early U2. And more fun. :wink:

Not really. They've released quite a few duds (well, what sound like duds to me) throughout their career. A bad song is a bad song, regardless of when it came out.

To me, a song can be quite good and be "lame". This isnt the top 11 worst U2 songs, although there's a high chance that its both lame and bad.

Back
Top Bottom