Top 10 Overrated Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fucking Kite!!!

Definitely the most overrated song by U2 fans.
I mean how can you like that awful synth strings intro........oh my god....

Re: Re: Re: Top 10 Overrated Songs

Snowlock said:

That's an interesting comment. I wonder what the board best of would be:

Acrobat
Wake Up Dead Man
Mofo
Until The End Of The World
Heartland
Crumbs
Discotheque
Walk On
In A Little While
Bad
Miracle Drug
Out Of Control
Kite
One
Gone
Stay
Dirty Day

Well, there is an almost perfect playlist for me. What you'd you prefer? stuck in a moment? elevation? vertigo? miami? daddy's crashed car? red light?

A little more and all the appreciated songs (btw, deserved appreciation in 90% of your list) 'd be overrated.

Oh, and you forgot Streets and The Fly :|

With the empathsis being 'on this board' I give you mine:
1.Bad
2.Bad
3.A Sort of Homecoming
4.The Unforgettable Fire
5.Promenade
6.4th of July
7.Bad
8.Indian Summer Sky
9.Elvis Presley and America
10.MLK

I've included Bad three times so I think I can have an 11th choice:
11. New York.

People might notice something oddly familiar about my list only with a couple of slight additions (sorry but I'm a big Wire and Pride fan.)
My list is such because I've heared too many fucking times that the Unforgettable Fire was the 'real Joshua Tree' (whatever the hell that means) and that some people on this board can be brought to orgasm just by listening to Bad.

Last edited:
Just for the record 'Running to Stand Still' and 'Dirty Day' are not overrated. Thsoe two songs never garner attention from anyone outside of the possessed U2 fan.

Arse, edit mess up please remove. Thanks.
Although it does seem a great way of giving my number of posts a boost and thereby my credibility on this board.

Last edited:
1) Acrobat
2) Yahweh
3) SYCMIOYO
4) Miracle Drug
5) The Unforgettable Fire
6) Drowning Man
7) Please
8) Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
9) Exit
10) One

Re: Re: Re: Re: Top 10 Overrated Songs

MacPhistoPT said:

Well, there is an almost perfect playlist for me. What you'd you prefer? stuck in a moment? elevation? vertigo? miami? daddy's crashed car? red light?

A little more and all the appreciated songs (btw, deserved appreciation in 90% of your list) 'd be overrated.

Oh, and you forgot Streets and The Fly :|

You seem to think I'm slagging those songs? All I said was I wonder what the favorites of the board would be? Crumbs, Walk On and Bad are all in the upper half of my personal top ten! :shrug:

Ok, i give in.

1.All Because of You
2.Gloria
3.elevation
4.please
5.i still haven't found what i'm looking for
6.who's gonna ride your wild horses
7.yawheh
8.desire
10.i will follow

One
One
One
Please
One
One
One Tree Hill (sorry Axver)
If God Will Send His Angels
One
Mofo

A Day Without Me
Seconds
Bad
Running to Stand Still (great live but the album version has never touched me)
Red Hill Mining Town
One (although it is great)
Please
Love and Peace or Else
City of Blinding Lights
Fast Cars

1. Love And Peace Or Else
2. City Of Blinding Lights
3. All Because Of You
4. Please
5. The Playboy Mansion
6. Numb
7. All I Want Is You
8. Vertigo
9. Yahweh
10. If You Wear That Velvet Dress

1. Veritgo
2. All Because of You
3. City of Blinding Lights
4. Yahweh
5. Elevation
6. When Love Comes to Town
7. Miracle Drug
8. Love and Peace or Else
10. Original of the Species

1) HEARTLAND
2) STAY
3) City Of Blinding Lights
4) Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own
5) Acrobat
6) Like A Song
7) One Tree Hill
8) Bad
9) Mothers Of The Dissapeared
10) The First Time

tarquinsuperb said:

1.Bad
2.Bad
3.A Sort of Homecoming
4.The Unforgettable Fire
5.Promenade
6.4th of July
7.Bad
8.Indian Summer Sky
9.Elvis Presley and America
10.MLK

:sad: :sad: :sad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :censored: The Unforgettable Fire is the greatest thing ever recorded IMO, and i have never seen any 4th of July or Elvis Presley and Americas praise threads. :mad:

Irishteen said:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :censored: The Unforgettable Fire is the greatest thing ever recorded IMO, and i have never seen any 4th of July or Elvis Presley and Americas praise threads. :mad:

There may not be any specific appreciation threads for EPAA and ISS, but on numerous occasions they are mentioned, and surprisingly (to me, anyway) quite a lot of people seem to like them (including yourself, it seems).

phanan said:

There may not be any specific appreciation threads for EPAA and ISS, but on numerous occasions they are mentioned, and surprisingly (to me, anyway) quite a lot of people seem to like them (including yourself, it seems).

I like them. Better than One, even. But they're no Streets or Heartland or New Year's Day....

phanan said:

what's wrong with that? EPAA is a song that looks like a bunch of rubbish together but ISS is a hidden gem and it's overlooked most of the time.

I realize that many of you are posting your least favourite songs and not those who have more appreciation that they deserve.

and same to you MsMofoGone, how can you say that The Playboy Mansion is overrated? You know that it is not. You can't consider as a overrated song a song that it's not appreciated at all, excepting some mad ones like me. A overrated song would never go to the finals in the worst song survivor :|

btw, I think I had not list the most overrated songs IMO:

Please
Miracle Drug
Stuck in a moment
Beautiful Day
Lemon
Do You Feel Loved
Numb
One :reject:
Desire
Exit

I love all those songs except Stuck but I think that sometimes they deserve too much credit...

2861U2, you must be an hippie U2 song or something like that :lmao: your list :ohmy:

Streets it's my favourite U2 song :laugh: And I really like One but it's not even in my top 30, it must be the most overrated song here, every day you hear people here saying that it's the best song ever :blahblah:

AB is only a good song, it only becames great played live, with the lord, do you hear us coming; the crowd singing; the great edge's guitar sounds and even better with unchained melody at end.

MacPhistoPT said:

what's wrong with that? EPAA is a song that looks like a bunch of rubbish together but ISS is a hidden gem and it's overlooked most of the time.

There's nothing wrong with it. I put both in my list because they do seem to get praised frequently here, although it's true that I personally don't care for either.

Okay, but even TUF has songs much more frequenty praised than those like Wire or Promenade, not to talk in the "classics".

btw, your "Location" is :drool:

Back
Top Bottom